Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil & Imperial City Itemization Improvements

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the improvements to Cyrodiil and Imperial City itemization for Update 13. A very quick overview of those changes:
  • The vendors in the basecamps of Imperial City had their wares significantly changed. The ten item sets they offer now include weapons, purchasable gold-quality jewelry, and a number of price reductions. Many vendors’ wares were also rearranged.
  • The vendors in the Cyrodiil basecamps have had their wares updated and changed, and some vendors have been removed. War Researchers now sell crafting-related goods, Regional Equipment Vendors now sell Zone Bags, Enchanters are now available, and the Elite Gear vendor’s wares have been renamed.
  • The vendors in the capturable towns in Cyrodiil have had a few item sets’ containers removed from their wares, and the bag prices have been drastically reduced.
  • Completing quests in the five towns of Cyrodiil will now reward you with containers, containing items from that town’s item sets (or the offensive/defensive-minded sets, for Cheydinhal and Chorrol).

You can see the full details of these changes in the PTS patch notes.

Please let us know how you feel about the changes we made, if you ran into any bugs, and any other feedback you'd like to pass along.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for adding them. But...

Rng for a whole zone? Just no.

How about 3 vendors.
    1 for each alliance.
    Each zone has a tab or each day cycles a zone.
    1h same box, 2h mag/physical separate boxes, accessories same box inc shields, large piece, small pieces.
    No junk traits. Infused, divines, impen, wellfitted, reinforce for shields. Sharp, defending, decisive and nirn.

Or just delete them.

Researcher was good idea.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still too much RNG, like everywhere in the game.

silky_soft wrote: »
    Thanks for adding them. But...

Rng for a whole zone? Just no.

How about 3 vendors.
    1 for each alliance.
    Each zone has a tab or each day cycles a zone.
    1h same box, 2h mag/physical separate boxes, accessories same box inc shields, large piece, small pieces.
    No junk traits. Infused, divines, impen, wellfitted, reinforce for shields. Sharp, defending, decisive and nirn.

Or just delete them.

Researcher was good idea.

This is a good solution, we need at least a slim chance for the item we want without spending literally millions of hard earned AP.
    Edited by Wizzo91 on January 4, 2017 10:46PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove training and Prosperous from the city and zone bags.As long as those 2 traits are in the bags and towns no one will buy them because their no reason for them to.It's a waste of AP.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Was waiting for this, have saved lot of tel vars! Thanks ZOS.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 4, 2017 8:53PM
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Remove training and Prosperous from the city and zone bags.As long as those 2 traits are in the bags and towns no one will buy them because their no reason for them to.It's a waste of AP.

Just opened a bunch of bags and they still have training/prosperous in them. This has to change! :smile:
    Edited by Wizzo91 on January 4, 2017 10:46PM
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »

Just opened a bunch of bags and they still have training/prosperous in them. This has to change! :smile: !
    It's ridiculous if you keep these traits in for these @ZOS_GinaBruno @Wrobel no one will buy them like now because its just a waste.Remove training/prosperous?Charged and People will buy them.
  • jasonteck
    jasonteck
    leave black rose alone. come up with another set for magic characters. they have rattle cage. or give us another heavy set for stam characters. cmon zos
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jasonteck wrote: »
    leave black rose alone. come up with another set for magic characters. they have rattle cage. or give us another heavy set for stam characters. cmon zos

Wut? How does rattlecage compare to black rose?!
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ps4 user. Gold Agilty or willpower?
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very happy with the Black Rose change from both stamina and magicka point of view. Its now what it always should have been, a universal set.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the cost if boxes and telvar now?
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tough to objectively evaluate these well-intended changes when the loot table is such that 1 trait is really good, 1 is begrudgingly acceptable, and every other trait is decon trash.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wut? How does rattlecage compare to black rose?!
    @Sypher used it in a Build so to some people it means the set is really good.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What improvements? Zero improvements were made to cyrodiil to ic. Changes were made to vendors, but that's hardly the same thing.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've put a million AP into the new zone bags and I've concluded that they are a waste of AP. I think you should break these bags down like you do with the Elite Vendor. There should be bags that drop weapons/jewelry, big pieces, and small pieces.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put a million AP into the new zone bags and I've concluded that they are a waste of AP. I think you should break these bags down like you do with the Elite Vendor. There should be bags that drop weapons/jewelry, big pieces, and small pieces.
    I know that would be the case.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno please pass it on.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened telvar sacks. I like the extra traits, not so much accessories. At least now I can make money after you took away dungeon loot.

5k for a completely unknown item with an unknown trait? yea nah
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm fine with it. The stam characters it works best on are stam sorc and stam dk. They'll still make use of the extra magica.

Can you get black rose jewellery and weapons now by the way? If so, that's just stupid broke. Templars in black rose and reactive with be crazy to kil.
  • Gallier65
    Gallier65
    ✭✭
    Does the Jewellery from Black Rose drop in arcane?
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gallier65 wrote: »

No it's a heavy set. Therefor only healthy. Imagine stam with robust.

Out of 50 bags I got 6 rings all healthy.
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    took me 9.5 million AP on pts to get a defending desert rose frost staff to test it, good job making testing a grind zos :s
    Edited by Erynyes on January 5, 2017 9:27AM
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its good for tank Builds
  • Gallier65
    Gallier65
    ✭✭

Thank you for the info i was a little afraid if it drops in robust too :D
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How much do the bags cost in towns?
    PS4 NA DC
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no read the patch notes they said IC jewelry are coming and all 3 traits.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Most of the jewelry will have a 50/50 chance choosing between Healthy and either Robust or Arcane. In a few cases, they RNG to get any of the three traits for sets that span the gap between Stam builds & Mag builds. We are looking at feedback during PTS for this patch to determine if we need to expand some sets to include all three traits for their jewelry.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no read the patch notes they said IC jewelry are coming and all 3 traits.

Yea it says they drop in their respective traits. Heavy = Healthy, Medium = Robust, Light = Arcane. I would obviously like some arcane Black Rose Jewelry for my DK, but that would just be OP and unbalanced in already unbalanced game.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the jewelry will have a 50/50 chance choosing between Healthy and either Robust or Arcane. In a few cases, they RNG to get any of the three traits for sets that span the gap between Stam builds & Mag builds. We are looking at feedback during PTS for this patch to determine if we need to expand some sets to include all three traits for their jewelry.

What does "most" mean?

Because if you include reactive or black rose in that list, then I'm not entirely sure the right definition of balance is being used. Slap Black Rose and Reactive on a templar with Arcane jewelry with Ice staff and S&B. You'd need 50 people to kill even a bad templar with that.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What improvements? Zero improvements were made to cyrodiil to ic. Changes were made to vendors, but that's hardly the same thing.

Hmm maybeeee try reading the title :D This thread is literally about the "itemization" improvements...
    "PTS Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil & Imperial City Itemization Improvements"

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte