Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Error 303 - Connection to Server Has Timed Out

Chalinal
Chalinal
✭✭✭
Hello,

I have been getting this issue for a while now and I am completely unable to play ESO because of it. I can get to the character screen, but as soon as I select a character and attempt to log in, the load screen spins forever and then times out with the Error 303 - Connection to Server Has Timed Out message.

I never had this issue prior to One Tamriel. I am trying to log on to ESO from my desktop, which I stopped using when One Tamriel launched because of this issue. I have been playing on my laptop mostly fine since One Tamriel, but the charger for that broke - so here I am trying to play on my desktop.

Please help.
Edited by Chalinal on December 30, 2016 1:58AM
  • @Chalinal
  • PC - NA
  • Guildmaster of <Tamriel Emporium> crafting guild
  • J'Kharj - magicka Nightblade
  • Master Crafter in all professions with 9 traits and all styles
  • Furniture Crafting: Only missing a couple recipes
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same is happening to me on my main toon. PC NA
    Edited by aLi3nZ on December 30, 2016 4:29AM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    It is hapening to me now. My char is in Wrothgar and I can't play.
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    This error typically indicates that you are either unable to reach our servers or that they may be offline.

First, you can check the status of the servers here: Service Alerts page.

If the servers are online, please power cycle your home network and clear the cache on your console.

To Power Cycle your Home Network
    1.Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off then proceed to Step 3.
    2.Turn off the DSL or cable modem for three minutes1.Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem has one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem.

3.Turn off all computers attached to your network.
    4.Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
    5.Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug in the router. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step
    6.Restart your computer(s).
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post