The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Even Get the Launcher to Open to Download Game (Resolved kinda)

Xzien
Xzien
✭✭
This is an issue that has been plaguing me for the past several days now. I want to get back into ESO but alas when I download the installer directly from the site and open the .exe it will give me the "InstallAnywhere" loading bar. When that finishes, nothing happens. No launcher. No error. No new files. Nothing.

Bought the Gold Edition on Steam. Pressed play on my library. Nothing happens. Went into the files and opened the 'setup.exe'. Gave me the "InstallAnywhere" loading bar. Same results. It finishes but nothing happens. No launcher. No errors. No new files. Tried running the setup.exe as administrator. Didn't work.

This is the same PC I used to play ESO over a year ago with the same operating system (Windows 8.1). I can't really provide much more information as since no errors pop up anywhere the game's files basically aren't throwing me any bones here.
Edited by Xzien on December 24, 2016 11:33PM
THE DOCTA MCSAUCE OF NERDSAUCE
Sorry bruh, I can't heal stupid.
Xzien - Argonian Templar, Healer, Master Crafter
Stop-Hitting-Yourself - Argonian Templar, Tank
Kara Al'Ruk - Dunmer Sorcerer, Stamina DPS
Daro'Zharr - Khajiit Nightblade, Murderous Kleptomaniac

I run the Tamriel Trade Center guild to organize scanning. Message me in-game at @Docta_Mcasty if you want to help out.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommend opening a Ticket with either Steam or ZOS. Sounds like you have something blocking the installer from running. Perhaps anti-virus or malware protection?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Please try adding ESO and Bethesda.net to your exceptions for your anti-virus and firewall. If that doesn't do the trick, try following the steps in this article. If that still doesn't help, please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your game consultant.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Xzien
    Xzien
    ✭✭
    I managed to get the game to work through some unorthodox methods. A friend of mine sent me the launcher files and I put them in the right spot. The launcher opened and the game proceeded to download and patch as normal. Now playing the game without issue.
    THE DOCTA MCSAUCE OF NERDSAUCE
    Sorry bruh, I can't heal stupid.
    Xzien - Argonian Templar, Healer, Master Crafter
    Stop-Hitting-Yourself - Argonian Templar, Tank
    Kara Al'Ruk - Dunmer Sorcerer, Stamina DPS
    Daro'Zharr - Khajiit Nightblade, Murderous Kleptomaniac

I run the Tamriel Trade Center guild to organize scanning. Message me in-game at @Docta_Mcasty if you want to help out.