The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I need a proc set

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
I need a proc set for a magicka based character to counter other proc sets esp the one that rolls out the balls of poison. Anybody know some good proc sets for magicka based characters?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really aren't very many good magic proc sets, particularly there's really no magic equivalent to Widowmaker or Viper. Try Infernal Guardian or Valkyn, but if you really want proc sets, swap to stam.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Yep swap to stam and vipers like the 98 percent of Cyrodiil
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For melee based magicka fighting, Thunderbug is pretty strong, but only procs against stam based attacks. Storm Knight is the opposite; it procs against magicka attacks but in a melee range; I didn't find it useful in 1 on 1.

Grothdarr is also strong in melee range.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep swap to stam and vipers like the 98 percent of Cyrodiil

You know, after doing some thorough testing last night I can't blame anyone for running Viper anymore.

I fitted my Nightblade out with a completely non-proc based set last night. I replaced Viper with Spriggan and just used 1pc monster sets.

My unbuffed damage WITHOUT proc sets: 3.2k
    My unbuffed damage WITH proc sets. 2.7k

That's a pretty huge difference, so you'd think the "without" proc sets would dominate. Well, you'd be wrong. Against people with shields it was OK, but against stamina builds I was doing pretty much zero damage.
    So I flipped back to my 2.7k weapon damage proc set build. People would melt in a couple of hits. I mean the damage difference was just so apparent.

I tried duelling a heavy armor stam sorc who was wearing Tremor, Viper and Black Rose. He killed my medium armor guy in one burst before I imploded for 6k.

TL;DR; Just wear proc sets. They make a world of difference.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP - If we're talking dueling here, and you're a magicka NB, you should really watch some of the guys who hang out in Rawkla and pick their brains. Most of the stam proc users give up dueling them after a few flawless defeats. Mag NBs have a wonderful toolset for dueling, and are really only overshadowed by equally skilled magsorcs who just do it better in most cases (or the hard counter from a mDK spamming reflect, ouch). You definitely want Skoria or Grothdarr - preferably Skoria.

@Alucardo that doesn't make sense - Viper is the stronger set against shields than Spriggan (penetration does nothing against shields, so you basically just have a 4-piece set), while Spriggan often pulls ahead against heavy armor stam players. Either way, Spriggan adds a solid 8-10% average damage when it's not overpenetrating and you aren't hitting shields... but average damage is not nearly as good as burst in PVP, and viper lets you set up burst. IMO that's why it's stronger in almost all cases.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 28, 2016 10:54PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    @Alucardo that doesn't make sense - Viper is the stronger set against shields than Spriggan (penetration does nothing against shields, so you basically just have a 4-piece set), while Spriggan often pulls ahead against heavy armor stam players. Either way, Spriggan adds a solid 8-10% average damage when it's not overpenetrating and you aren't hitting shields... but average damage is not nearly as good as burst in PVP, and viper lets you set up burst. IMO that's why it's stronger in almost all cases.
    Yeah I would have thought so too. I'm guessing because my sustained damage was higher the shields couldn't take it. With proc sets I could burst down a shield, but it'd just go back up again until I was ready for another burst.
    Didn't make much sense to me either, but that's just how it played out.
    Edited by Alucardo on November 28, 2016 6:05PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get Malubeth too. Wear 7 Viper, 10 Malubeth and 12 Heavy.
    PC EU
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah just wear Infernal Guardian and troll all the invisible Nightblades you didn't know were there. I works best if they are 2 floors above you in keeps and towers completely hidden.
    Edited by kadar on November 28, 2016 6:46PM
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get Malubeth too. Wear 7 Viper, 10 Malubeth and 12 Heavy.

himZD0M.gif
    PS4 NA DC
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the issue is proc sets only add more burst to the already insanely powerful animation-cancelled heavy attack + wrecking blow/snipe builds.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    the issue is proc sets only add more burst to the already insanely powerful animation-cancelled heavy attack + wrecking blow/snipe builds.

People still run snipe builds? God I wish somebody would try to use snipe against me in a duel...
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper, Viper and Viper.