The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Great Add-On!

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be great if they had that on console for lorebooks and skyshard. Not really needed for nodes.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use this add-on and it's REALLY annoying and breaks the flavor of the game. This can be disabled... and is for me because I find it repulsive.

It's an addon that ONLY shows nodes you've already found. So technically, it's really nothing more than a memory mnemonic, since it helps you remember where they were. Not cheating in the slightest... unless you consider every add-on a cheat since they all change the base game in SOME way... which someone may also consider cheating.

WHAT?! SPELL TIMERS?! You mean they get to see those on screen without hitting C and scrolling though their active spells?! CHEATERS! CHEATERS!

See, you can literally say any add-on is cheating.

• Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason to save those skill points? I mean, I just chucked one point in each (except Runestones, which would be pointless), didn't max them out, and it works just fine for me. I've maxed out all the crafting, have a few different builds worth of skillsets, and still have points left over. I'd rather my game look nice then save a few points that I have very little use for.
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more than enough skill points in the game, the issue is spending time obtaining them all that people don't always want to do.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Speaking of PC Master Race guess who's getting a gaming PC for Christmas?
    ME! WOOOOOOOOT!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    this addon is awesome
  • inflaburwb17_ESO
    inflaburwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i just saved 15! skill points with this addon i found recently, Keen Eye passive - i dont need it anymore
    its huge advantage if comparing with consoles

Hail PC!

vDVtM0H_Buw.jpg

addons addons addons....

And then people scream at ZOS when performance goes pearshaped and they suffer from crashes. SMH.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrandWearyGannet.gif
    Edited by tplink3r1 on December 14, 2016 11:35AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • skyfiredraco
    skyfiredraco
    ✭✭✭
    a few years ago i spent a lot of time, effort and money building a gaming rig. Even now it holds up to most games (especially MMOs) on ultra or max settings with 60-90 fps.

I still play ESO on my ps4 lol.

The skyrim-esque UI and the... feel... of a controller with the combat system both appeal to me.

I suppose i could mod/use those things on the PC but its also somewhat freeing not having to mess with so many addons.

My two main beefs with the game when it first came out on console were no scrolling combat text and no text chat. Those have both been resolved so i'm happy where i'm at now :)
    PS4 / NA
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭
    @skyfiredraco
    you can use gamepad UI and gamepad on PC in ESO, lol
    and without addons
    Edited by EnviousStruggle on December 14, 2016 12:26PM
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This AddOn should be blocked.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »

Uh oh! Here come the Thought Police.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    GrandWearyGannet.gif

Linus <3
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭

@Aliniel
    oh, no
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »

I'm a PC Gamer and I'm totally against AddOns like this. They are totally like "hacks".
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm a PC Gamer and I'm totally against AddOns like this.

You would hate my UI then B)
  • EnviousStruggle
    EnviousStruggle
    ✭✭✭

I'm a PC Gamer and I'm totally against AddOns like this. They are totally like "hacks".

but looks like you are console player in your heart
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. PC master race.

Every experience I've had with a gaming PC is part failure and software conflict. Games stoping working in the middle of the night, requiring me to root in INI files.

I'll use a PC for this game but otherwise bring in the consoles. More covenient, even in this gen, and I dont particularly care how games look.

PS: OP, that addon looks gawdy as ***, I'd sooner spend the skillpoints.

Can you guys load into Orsinium yet?

edit : by "you guys" I mean all the console players who haven't even been able to get into Orsinium.
    Edited by danno8 on December 14, 2016 1:30PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    PC Master Race!

You spent a crap ton of money on something! Huzzah!

still if i gather same performance hardware-rig like consoles have, it will be cheaper
    so PC is cheaper too

I spent CDN $379 last month on my PS4. Show me a PC rig for CDN $379 (with assembly costs included, since I've never built my own PC before) that will give me the same performance benchmarks, and maybe I'll believe you. I used to play ESO on a four year old $699 laptop that had 8 gigs of RAM, a 2.5 Ghz processor, and a Radeon HD 8650G graphics card. Pretty bad, obviously, but no better than any desktop PC I could have bought new and pre-assembled for $379 last month. I regularly got sub 30 FPS on my laptop with everything set on medium (plus all extras disabled, like shadows and grass), and went down to 5-10 FPS in towns after One Tamriel dropped. This isn't the case at all with my PS4. At worst, I get occasional drops to 20-25 FPS in towns during prime time.

Anyway, as to the topic at hand, that is one ugly *** add-on. The only point I spend in keen eye is for alchemy reagents. Everything else is really easy to see... Not sure I'd claim PC master race over this.
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG All I see are golf tees everywhere... how can anyone play with golf tees everywhere?
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    So lots of post have been removed for baiting and off topic comments. Please do not let this thread become an platform bias debate as it is mainly regarding addons. That being said we are moving this conversation to Add-Ons & UI Mods for the discussion to continue in a civil and constructive manner. Remember to follow the community rules.
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    PC Master Race!

still if i gather same performance hardware-rig like consoles have, it will be cheaper
    so PC is cheaper too

I spent CDN $379 last month on my PS4. Show me a PC rig for CDN $379 (with assembly costs included, since I've never built my own PC before) that will give me the same performance benchmarks, and maybe I'll believe you. I used to play ESO on a four year old $699 laptop that had 8 gigs of RAM, a 2.5 Ghz processor, and a Radeon HD 8650G graphics card. Pretty bad, obviously, but no better than any desktop PC I could have bought new and pre-assembled for $379 last month. I regularly got sub 30 FPS on my laptop with everything set on medium (plus all extras disabled, like shadows and grass), and went down to 5-10 FPS in towns after One Tamriel dropped. This isn't the case at all with my PS4. At worst, I get occasional drops to 20-25 FPS in towns during prime time.

Anyway, as to the topic at hand, that is one ugly *** add-on. The only point I spend in keen eye is for alchemy reagents. Everything else is really easy to see... Not sure I'd claim PC master race over this.

How would one even compare performance benchmarks for PC against a PS4?

It would be tough to do what you ask since PS4 and XBOX have their settings tuned down to an unknown level, particularly texture detail and filtering, and draw distance, and they are both locked at 30fps.

I can't say for certain but I am pretty sure I could price out some 1-2 generation back hardware for PC that could run the game at 30 FPS locked while having the settings tuned down to say "Medium".

Hard to know for sure though. But for PC you generally get what you pay for performance wise as long as you don't go any higher than the top mid-range stuff. High end hardware generally has a huge premium attached to it that does not translate at all to performance gains.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Aurielle wrote: »
    PC Master Race!

so PC is cheaper too

How would one even compare performance benchmarks for PC against a PS4?

It would be tough to do what you ask since PS4 and XBOX have their settings tuned down to an unknown level, particularly texture detail and filtering, and draw distance, and they are both locked at 30fps.

I can't say for certain but I am pretty sure I could price out some 1-2 generation back hardware for PC that could run the game at 30 FPS locked while having the settings tuned down to say "Medium".

Hard to know for sure though. But for PC you generally get what you pay for performance wise as long as you don't go any higher than the top mid-range stuff. High end hardware generally has a huge premium attached to it that does not translate at all to performance gains.

The person I was responding to claimed he could build a cheaper rig with the "same performance" as a console, so that's why I asked. I HIGHLY doubt that I could go to a local electronics store and pick up a PC for CDN $379 or under that could run the game the way my PS4 does. I also highly doubt that I'd be able to cobble together some parts from Newegg, take them to a PC tech, and have a PC with comparable performance built for CDN $379 or less. Believe me, I tried.

Don't get me wrong, I obviously agree that PC is a better experience overall. I'm just really skeptical when anyone says you can have an excellent PC gaming experience for "cheap", or that you can get the same performance out of a PC that you could get out of a console for the same price (or lower). If I could afford to spend $600+ on a mid-range gaming PC, I would!

Gotta say, though: the only thing I'm missing at this point about ESO on PC is my old addons. And even then, I'm learning to live without them. It's actually kind of fun hunting down skyshards and lorebooks with a map open on my tablet. Exploration achievements actually feel like, y'know, exploration achievements. ESO on console is pretty awesome, considering the relative price. And for me, at least, it was a MAJOR graphical/performance upgrade.

You gotta give us buff timers though, ZOS. For the love of Talos!
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can stand the world looking like that, more power to you.

*shudder*

Heh, my computer is a potato, and I have to suffer the indignity of low graphics at the moment (but strangely only since a few months ago; before then it was perfectly content to run at high ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I'd prefer no grass to no graphics XD
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it find pokestops and gyms? Lol
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so you know, this addon is a massive, and I mean *massive* memory clog. Use at your own risk and don't wonder where your FPS drops come from.

I prefer to spend 15 skill points on keen eye passives and have my game run properly. But to each his own.

• Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can stand the world looking like that, more power to you.

*shudder*

Heh, my computer is a potato, and I have to suffer the indignity of low graphics at the moment (but strangely only since a few months ago; before then it was perfectly content to run at high ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

I'd prefer no grass to no graphics XD

Yeah, same happened to me when One Tamriel dropped. I used to get 30-60 FPS on high (without shadows, water reflections, grass, or ambient occlusion enabled, though -- that utterly tanked my performance). After One Tamriel, I got 20-30 FPS in open world, 5-10 in towns. I had to dial everything down to medium/low, and even had to lower subsampling to medium. It was hideous. Thankfully, PS4 is a very affordable option. :)
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need the perk for flowers, as those pesky things are hard to spot when you like to have the grass :)
  • Sortep1977
    Sortep1977
    ✭✭
    It's helpful for a newly-created character. After putting one point in the passives, it's all right. Also, I've got the add-on. It really isn't that helpful. Because, once you gather the node, the marker for that particular node stays there. I'm gonna remove it once I get home.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a cheat to me. It gives an unfair advantage over people who do not use the addon. You have 15 more skill points for passives and skills than those do not use the addon. (and it is so ugly how it messes up the screen, MIN UI forever!) I be glad when it is ban.