The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newbie questions.

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I'm new to ESO can anybody tell me ow long server maintenance usually takes? (PS4).
Also on an unrelated note Which DLC's are worth buying? I'm not an ESO plus member but bought the thieves guild DLC and its amazing! If someone could recommend another DLC that would be great (unless they are all amazing).
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium defo, but they all good imho
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes maintenance has an estimate for how long it'll be but that tends to vary. Could be anywhere from 3-9 hours depending if everything works out as intended.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hold off on buying the DLCs... don't get me wrong they are great (my favorite is orsinium), but the core game has plenty to keep you busy. If you really get hooked (like me), you'll likely end up becoming an ESO plus member and you get all the DLCs as part of that.
    ... also, periodically, ESO will offer DLCs at a discounted price.
    Edited by pizzaow on November 30, 2016 2:22PM
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium defo, but they all good imho

As for PvE content; Orsinium really was excellent. It went beyond what I think we had in preexisting zones. Also I would recommend Imperial City if you enjoy PvP (and it has some PvE components, and the two dungeons).
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Players Helping Players
    Staff Post
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked a question in helping players and no one answered me! Maybe you guys can, My question was: is it worth me upgrading gear with resins etc (I'm lvl 20). It seems I'm constantly changing my gear as i progress so i fear if I use my precious upgrading resources on gear now they'l be obsolete in 3 levels time. Advice is appreciated, thanks.
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    Don't upgrade your gear till you reach cp160 and then just use it on set items that you like. For leveling you can pretty much go nekked, so just swap out any ol gear you pick up that's newer/better.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I thought so. thanks!
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    I asked a question in helping players and no one answered me! Maybe you guys can, My question was: is it worth me upgrading gear with resins etc (I'm lvl 20). It seems I'm constantly changing my gear as i progress so i fear if I use my precious upgrading resources on gear now they'l be obsolete in 3 levels time. Advice is appreciated, thanks.

No, do not upgrade low level gear. You will burn through that gear way too fast.

Orsinium was and still is the best dlc they have put out.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on November 30, 2016 8:43PM