The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to log out normally on XB1 NA

nexxus_ESO
nexxus_ESO
✭✭✭
I submitted an in-game report as well. #161129-001411

You're unable to log out to the character screen. The timer runs down from 10 to 0 and then just stops. You can back out normally from there (the B button) and continue playing, but if you want to leave the game, or switch characters, you have to completely close out the game and restart.

This just started with today's patch.
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I are having the same problem since today's patch.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I had this issue early I could not log out.
  • Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue on multiple characters.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same issue as well. Makes me thankful I am not a programmer of any sort...try to fix one thing and cause 3 things to break! I understand how difficult a position these programmers are in, one little screw up and 2,000 impractical millennial's act like the world is on fire.

Good luck Zenimax!
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I guess their trying to find a way for you to never get off.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm.
    How does a bug like this get past testing?!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every patch just seems to make things worse for me , have to quit the game now to swap characters :(
  • misila72
    misila72
    I'm having the same problem. I also put in a ticket. Hopefully they fix it quickly.
  • serigal
    serigal
    The same for me I thought it might of just been in pvp but can't log out properly in any zone so far

Submitted a I game ticket as well I'm sure they'll fix it eventually....
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to log out after much trial and error, by finding a town that doesn't have the 10 second timer on log out.

Vulkhel Guard in Auridon, to be specific. So if you can remember which locations do not have a log off timer, you might be able to avoid force-quitting the game every time you want to switch toons or log off.
  • TrollHunter73
    TrollHunter73
    ✭✭
    My friends and I are all experiencing the same issue. We can't log out to the character selection screen and have to quit the game from the XBox dashboard. All of us play on the XBox One North American Server.
  • KATObloodpaw
    KATObloodpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue with my characters as well. You can't switch characters unless you quit out the entire game window.
    GT:Shock Value1134
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same with me on all my characters. If I want to jump on another character I have to close the game and start over... so annoying!
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing on all my characters on EU
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^Adding on to that, did you guys notice any augmentation in the length of the load screens?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • gootdude
    gootdude
    ✭✭✭
    Same behavior on PS4. Try using the /logout command in the chat window, that is working properly for me. it still seems to take an extra second so you see the timer get to 0, but it is actually logging me out.

Using the menu item for Log Out is not working properly, unless you are in town where it logs out instantly.

So, always type /logout in the chat window if you can't log out correctly until they fix it.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem on PS4.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually just been hitting the xbox home button and quitting the game, then relogging. Wonder how long it'll take to get this fixed?
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gootdude wrote: »
    Same behavior on PS4. Try using the /logout command in the chat window, that is working properly for me. it still seems to take an extra second so you see the timer get to 0, but it is actually logging me out.

Using the menu item for Log Out is not working properly, unless you are in town where it logs out instantly.

So, always type /logout in the chat window if you can't log out correctly until they fix it.

Confirmed, and /camp works too.

If this isn't a sign that Zenimax needs to make Belkarth not require the 10-second countdown I don't know what is.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    same problem, xbox1, NA server
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me and a friend on X1 EU.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    Can confirm.
    How does a bug like this get past testing?!

Simple - we live in the day and age of patching - nobody actually tests games anymore. That's why developers have crap like the PTS, so they can not do theirs jobs.

I remember watching a documentary for God of War on PS many years ago, the first game in the series - and showing it's testing process lol - they actually had professional game testers who would scrutinize the smallest details BEFORE they put in on the shelves - if game devs still did that, we wouldn't have nearly half the crap we do in games. They can't even take criticism from something as impersonal and detached as a forum - let alone a real life tester. They want to believe that everything they do is perfect and that when people complain it's "their issue" not the game's.

Our testing filter for bugs basically comes down to youtube streamers on PTS who suck at games and shouldn't be testing them. I don't think I've ever watched a player on youtube on PTS who didn't suck or have no idea what they were saying outside of a script - and that's who's "testing" for us lol

The fact is it's easier to wait for players to come to you with problems than to actually check for yourself before they become problems. Then when they do come to you - it's easier to ignore them and do everything else they didn't ask for instead.
    Edited by lagrue on December 1, 2016 1:02AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    I submitted an in-game report as well. #161129-001411

You're unable to log out to the character screen. The timer runs down from 10 to 0 and then just stops. You can back out normally from there (the B button) and continue playing, but if you want to leave the game, or switch characters, you have to completely close out the game and restart.

This just started with today's patch.

Same issue across all eight of my characters. Only way I was able to switch characters was to either restart my Xbox or go to the dashboard and force close the game then deal with an already logged into the game error. Hopefully this is something they fix with the random Thursday morning at 8am EST maintenance. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any word on this would be amazing.

• TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem PS4 both servers today :(

Odd though, because I didn't experience this yesterday (played after the update).

Hope they fix it soon because it is a frustrating waste of time. The /logout doesn't work for me so I am having to travel to places (such as Mournhold; Auridon doesn't always work) to log out and then travel back to Craglorn to hand in an enchantment writ the next day. (I have 12 characters on each server and log into each of them every day (riding lessons/toxin satchel) and then play my current character.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, just letting you know we have a fix for this issue in the next console incremental, which we're working on getting out to you before the end of the year. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, just letting you know we have a fix for this issue in the next console incremental, which we're working on getting out to you before the end of the year. Thanks!

@ZOS_GinaBruno how about console buff timers, or combat lock on templars after healing?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."