The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Haven't played since July could you offer some help on builds please?

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
To start with i am at 497 CP but ideally would like to start a new toon. Since the patches have made changes obviously I have no idea what to go with now.

I have a imperial templar
khajiit nightblade
and a high elf sorc

I was thinking of creating a dragon knight purely for pvp but wouldn't know what to start with. Should I go dark elf dk or something like that?
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    since I cannot edit the op

I don't really have people to farm with
    PS4 Eu Server
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk skills were changed a while back not sure if before or after you stopped playing
    but the stamina morphs of DK skills now deal poison damage

dark elf is still a great option for mDK's if that was what you wanted,
    if you were thinking of a stam toon though redguard is a popular choice
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    dk skills were changed a while back not sure if before or after you stopped playing
    but the stamina morphs of DK skills now deal poison damage

dark elf is still a great option for mDK's if that was what you wanted,
    if you were thinking of a stam toon though redguard is a popular choice

Yeah I was thinking more stam as I have mainly played magika for the most part. Redguard would be your suggestion then
    PS4 Eu Server
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguard is hard to beat for a stam DK. Imperial is decent too because of the high stat caps, but you'll really appreciate the extra stamina sustain from Redguard.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do enjoy playing my redguard DK and they are a good & popular option, the stamina return from the passives are amazing,

but other stamina orientated races do have their benefits list in order i would recommend for PvP only
    Orcs
    Wood elves
    Nords - Imperial (even in my mind)
    Khajit
    link to all the passives

argonians (while typically viewed as a magik/healing/tanking race) are also a viable choice, they have the passive that restores a percentage of all stats every time a potion is consumed, combine that with the DK passives that restore stamina when using some skills & all 3 stats when an ultimate is used and you have resources for days

or you can go with a magic orientated race (yes for a stam charcater) you can run the cheaper to make blue food & still have enough magic; you wont be min/maxing but worthy of consideration

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to decide whether you want to go magic or stam. I think stam is stronger ATM on DK in PVP. I would go redguard if that is your goal. Imperial is not bad, but the sustain from Redgaurd is better than the extra health IMO. If you want to go magic, then Dunmer is the clear choice. I love mDK in PVE, but am not a huge fan in PVP. They used to be gods in cyro, but that hasnt been the case in quite a while.

Once you figure that out, I would just focus on leveling and getting all your skill lines maxed. Then you can seek out an end game build, which very well might be very different next patch. Best to have everything leveled so you can always adapt.