Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you still find crafting rewarding in One Tamriel? What is your experience?

Zedrian
Zedrian
✭✭✭
I am interested to find out what the community thinks of the direction crafting is taking and if crafting writs were rewarding to you since One Tamriel.

1) Crafting is both a short term and long term investment with the prospect that you can craft among the best armors and weapons in the game in any way you want with any style. It was very true for a very long time before One Tamriel and one might argue before the DLCs came out. Unlike many other MMOs and RPGs, crafting in ESO is not a lucrative profession and I personally leveled crafting because I always enjoyed crafting and because I like the feeling of completion. Also with the new sets and CP adjustments of older sets, the demand in crafted items has dramatically decreased for me. I fear ZOS has been side tracked by other things and forgotten the role of crafting in the game.

Do you find crafting undervalued lately?

2) Crafting is an investment… I have spent many thousands of gold to buy nirncrux to research all the nirnhoned traits. I have diligently made an effort to collect motifs to provide more choice both for me and for those that ask for my craft. I have invested a large amount of skill points in crafting. And I thought the crafting writs were both a way to progress the craft and reward the crafter for his/her investment. Indeed, the incentive is appealing as you can collect very valuable Gold tempers and surveys. Since One Tamriel the rewards from the writs have declined by too much… Here is my experience and it may be due to the fact I was unlucky. How is your experience so far?

I have 2 crafter characters level 50 in all crafts and they both regularly do the writs from Belkarth. Since One Tamriel came out on PS4 I have gotten 1 Alloy, 1 Wax, 1 Kuta and only 1 survey (!!!!!) in 60 or so writs, a much lower drop rate than before One Tamriel. Did the drop rate decrease?

And I was disappointed by the rewards. For example, for 56 ingots invested in a Blacksmithing writ I got:

25 Galatite ore, which I will never use since I am above CP 160
A repair kit which is always welcome for trials, though I have hundreds of them
Some money which is OK
And some exp which is OK since I am only CP535

The cumulative results of these efforts are in fact a deficit. I am in deficit of CP160 materials, materials which I should of sold to a Guild trader and buy the tempers from someone else. So in your opinion are the rewards still an incentive to do the writs?
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Zedrian on December 9, 2016 11:30AM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes in crafting writs were made due to the proliferation of players with multiple accounts with full rosters of fully built crafters created as mass writ factories.

To get an idea of the sheer number of daily writs some players generate look through some of the threads on this subject on the crafting subforum.

These are not evil folks or exploiters really. This is simply the ESO game they prefer to play. But it has made, as several of them acknowledged on multiple threads, writs unattractive if you have one smith, one carpenter, one tailor and so on.

Best bang for the buck is the enchanter writ. They don't cost much to fill and you get a Kuta about once every three writs.

These new shipment rewards of essentially useless low level materials were added because such materials became more difficult to farm under the OT node system.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on November 19, 2016 4:56PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whats crafting? is that some sort of removed skill?
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• RedJoker
    RedJoker
    ✭✭✭
    Max level crafter here. I suppose I do find crafting undervalued as of late... It's nice to be able to craft what I need for my toons, but dropped weapons and armor seem more versatile (especially with the matching jewelry).

Perhaps crafting will make a comeback with player housing? Being able to craft furniture, etc. might be interesting and help put a personal touch on our houses...

A few crafting ideas I'd like to see ZOS implement:

1) Jewelry crafting
    2) Being able to change the style of dropped or crafted armor
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedJoker wrote: »

1) Jewelry crafting

Yes, and yes.
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    Max level crafter here. I suppose I do find crafting undervalued as of late... It's nice to be able to craft what I need for my toons, but dropped weapons and armor seem more versatile (especially with the matching jewelry).

Perhaps crafting will make a comeback with player housing? Being able to craft furniture, etc. might be interesting and help put a personal touch on our houses...

1) Jewelry crafting

I find this very interesting. Instead of saying writs rewards should be improved to compensate your time in craft, why not improve craft in other meaningful ways.

I agree it would make crafting interesting if we could do Jewelry, Furniture and change style of dropped armors and weapons!

Another thing I discussed with friends about writs was how redundant they are. Maybe special writs that actually make you journey to set specific crafting locations or can be done in conjunction of your daily activities (quests/dungeons/trials) and in exchange you get a more lucrative reward such as a dropped set weapon/armor as a reward instead of an ornate white piece.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Motifs that will actually be worth something!
  • Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    The only surveys I want are the ones in Craglorn. That is really what keeps me doing crafting writs. I do the gear, enchants, potions, and provisioning writs.

Pots and provisioning are very easy if you have the mats and skill as they tend to remain the same 3 or 4 for me so far. Heavy armour is nice since I'm sitting on 800 Rubite, and similar with Light armour.

The only thing I run low on is ruby ash, which is easy to find. Enchanting writs are nice for the kuta and rare surveys.

I like being a master crafter as it gives me the freedom to make what I want when I want it in the trait I want. I still have at least 2 toons running crafted gear (Hundings Rage and Seducer).

I'm not a fan of crafting for other people.

And who doesn't like finding 2 gold mats when refining 100 rubite ore lol
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

1) Jewelry crafting

Yes, and yes.
    Jewelry crafing is on the 2014 list of forgotten content.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and No. (Way to ride the fence I know)

There are still crafted sets that I use in end-game builds, so still useful. I still have people occasionally asking me to make something for them, though a little less often now.

What bothers me the most in what they did to nirnhoned. It's value now is mostly just to learn it so you have nine traits and it no longer has much value in-and-of itself. Which, considering the amount of work many of us had to do when it was first out to learn it, track down stones, etc it's a bit of a slap in the face.

The biggest thing I've given up on somewhat is motifs. I pick them up when I see a good price or find them normally, but I don't see the need to really have all the styles anymore. 1. Not too many people request weird styles and 2. Who is going to change all their max-gold gear b/c a new motif came out?

They really need to add costume crafting (ability to craft a set of "costume" armor that goes in the disguise slot and can be dyed) to at least give some more versatility to crafting again.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im hoping that Crafting makes a comeback in future DLCs with new sets. But what annoys me is that my Master Crafter cant go to "Low Level" areas anymore and farm low level mats for my lowbie characters.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    being able to craft gear, food and pots for my toons is good.

anytime i get a bit bored i put a film on my other rig and either craft food or poisons that can be npcd for a bit of gold. poisons... if you are maxed make 16 per click at 5 gold each. it's not like the ingredients are hard to find.

writs are a bit hit and miss atm. sometimes i do all available on all toons - a bit time consuming - now i'm just doing clothing and provisioning. building up a stock of wax and hoping for psijic fragments... it's going ok. i have large stacks of low level mats from 'failed' writs plus some surveys that i will get round to one day.

i would be happy if zos put in jewellery crafting or maybe more traits.
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Crafting
    Staff Post
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafting is not very rewarding once you get to the higher levels. All it's used for, at that point, is to gold gear out. The gear sets have long be out classed or haven't changed in two years. Dropped sets are not way more powerful than ever before and it really makes crafting seem useless.

Why wait months to grind out crafting levels when you can farm for a day or so and get gear better than what you could ever craft and that are quite a bit more interesting.

Another issue is that many of the sets are only meant for stam, magicka, or tank, when a few of them can have a more neutral approach and still be good. Traits should also be looked at as they are not very diverse. Dps have one trait clear good for gear and one clearly good for weapons, tanks and healers have a little more options.

Crafting with regards to food and potions are good enough for me, but gear needs to be looked at in the end.
    Edited by Panda_iMunch on November 19, 2016 6:56PM
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Consumable crafting is great!

Equipment crafting i have been suggesting needs a significant change since 1t came out.

basically, the 1t uptick of drop sets along with other changes makes, IMO, the use of crafting during the developing levels far less beneficial over what you can do just gathering. the outleveling of crafted vs the each drop is at touyr level of drop sets is a huge downside.

it makes the difference between "crafted" and "non-crafted" equipo nowhere near as good as the difference between "crafted" and "uncrafted" consumables - even though equip crafts take as many skill points and more time to work up than do consumables.

At the higher end crafting the lack of jewels for any crafted set, now that every drop set has jewels is also huge.

i have been suggesting they "finish" the 1T upticks for equip with a package of changes in u13 or u14.

I will post that at the end of this post.

my experience since 1t...

Several of my 50-cap characters have switched to all drop-sets. others, when i get round to them, will likely move close to that. That is even with a substantial of crafter 50-cap pieces and sets already crafted and qualitied up in inventory.

leveled a char from 17 to 50-cap and immediately went for drop-sets i had gathered since 1t during the event.

My play style tends to not generate a lot of drop-set weapons and legs, so as things continue and my last two hit 50-cap and my other 50-caps get regeared - my bet is that will be where most all of my equip crafting goes to, if any, with possibly chest/legs done for appearance if i decide to go with a bigger set.

yes, you read that right, crafting is on track for me to fill in for slot-pieces i dont get from drops and for cosmetics. its not a case of "its better" like say potions, poisons, food and enchants are... its "its hard to get these in drops that look good."

So thats my experience from leveling a char from 17 to 50-cap and gearing.
    thats my experience from re-gearing 3-4 already equipped 50-cap characters.
    thats what i plan to do when i get to the others too.

My usual package of suggestions are:

To include some or all of these for equip crafting:
    1. Ability to craft jewels for the sets even if quality limited to purple. (All drops have jewel options)
    2. Ability to up-scale pieces to higher level keeping quality. (new drops scale to you)
    3. Ability to craft lower gear with higher mat, losing the lower cap on met levels. (Fits with scaled nodes)
    4. Writs to ask for ONE item with a specific trait and style, but allow more items if you dont have trait/style. (cost effective change spreads resource cost over item types.)
    5. Writs no longer assign a material type or tier, but instead base their rewards on the tier the crafter used to satisfy the writ. if they provied iron dagger with sharpened and dunmer style, the gold, gear pieces and the 25pc mat box would be based off iron AND the chance of survey goes up as they provide higher tier payouts.
    6. Ability to change one of a set 2-3-4 pc bonus for another bonus of the same 2-3-4 pc type at time of crafting. (Allows for greater versatility without inventing new sets a plenty. Also can help some lesser sets.)
    7. Drop the 10x mats cost for CP160 over Cp150. (CP 160 drops everywhere now... its no longer s special threshold thing anymore. if you are cp160 every drop set is cp 160 not nine 150 and one 160. So the need for cp160 crafting to be 10x is no longer relevant.)
    8. Add some form of change the look of drop sets or change/make disguises/costumes.

Not all of these my own but i think they go a long way for forming a comprehensive 1T upgrade/rebalance of equip crafted.

I am not a fan of just chasing the same dragon by trying to fix it by adding some more pre-defined sets here and there.

While i think all of these are worthwhile, i think 1-2-3 are critically important.

1t started the process, just needs to be carried through fully into crafted equipment.

the last one i just added. its clearly just cosmetic in nature.

While i wouldn't argue traits need work, my bet is there isn't an easy fix that wouldn't be controversial so i focus on what i see as less hotbutton more easy to do changes. Remember, they "fixed" traits just a while back and there we are now.
    Edited by STEVIL on November 19, 2016 6:57PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally hate the changes to Farming (which in turn put a damper on Crafting) that came with One Tamriel.

My Master Crafter can no longer get anything but the 3 highest tier mats now and Iron Ore. Umm.

I took Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting before One Tam came out. I used to be able to just switch zones and get any type of mat I needed to get. Not anymore.

My Crafting Bag that I get with my ESO+ is now no longer useful to me. Being that almost all my lower to medium level mats are almost gone with no way to replace them (other than the few you get through writs), Although this is not the case for Enchanting mats.

Enchanting mats for some reason didn't get changed. I can still get Ta even as a Master Enchanter. ;)

I took Crafting so that I could make my own sets for my Main, alts and for new players in the guild I am in.

Just yesterday I had to for the first time tell someone I was sorry that I couldn't make them level 25 gear. Why?
    Because my numbers for the mats needed to make that gear are in the lower end of the 2 digits range. I definitely would not have had enough mats to make a complete set of it for them. This saddened me :(

Because of my play style I tend to run around solo the majority of the time.

One Tam has taken Crafting away from me, Farming pretty much because now all I can get is the Highest Tier mats (which I don't need any more of because I have tons of them now) and with the changes made to the mobs I no longer do WB's (except when the guild I am in does their occasional one), Dolmens (because of how many camp those now), nor Delves.

I am slowly running out of reasons to continue playing. And find myself just standing around in Vukhel Guard doing nothing, talking to other people in my guild or just watching all the people running around there.

I can personally say that since One Tam hit I have just about lost all interest in even playing this game anymore.
    Edited by Tia413 on November 19, 2016 8:35PM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
    • Main Account and also Retired Account
      But still a Proud Member of Midnight Cartel
      Platform: PC/NA
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tia413 wrote: »
    I personally hate the changes to Farming (which in turn put a damper on Crafting) that came with One Tamriel.

My Master Crafter can no longer get anything but the 3 highest tier mats now and Iron Ore. Umm.

I took Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting before One Tam came out. I used to be able to just switch zones and get any type of mat I needed to get. Not anymore.

My Crafting Bag that I get with my ESO+ is now no longer useful to me. Being that almost all my lower to medium level mats are almost gone with no way to replace them (other than the few you get through writs), Although this is not the case for Enchanting mats.

Enchanting mats for some reason didn't get changed. I can still get Ta even as a Master Enchanter. ;)

I took Crafting so that I could make my own sets for my Main, alts and for new players in the guild I am in.

Just yesterday I had to for the first time tell someone I was sorry that I couldn't make them level 25 gear. Why?
    Because my numbers for the mats needed to make that gear are in the lower end of the 2 digits range. I definitely would not have had enough mats to make a complete set of it for them. This saddened me :(

One Tam has taken Crafting away from me, Farming pretty much because now all I can get is the Highest Tier mats (which I don't need any more of because I have tons of them now) and with the changes made to the mobs I no longer do WB's (except when the guild I am in does their occasional one), Dolmens (because of how many camp those now), nor Delves.

I am slowly running out of reasons to continue playing. And find myself just standing around in Vukhel Guard doing nothing, talking to other people in my guild or just watching all the people running around there.

I can personally say that since One Tam hit I have just about lost all interest in even playing this game anymore.

Ok so since you dont know better...

ta is a quality item not a level item. just like you can still find white armor and swords, just like whenever you craft new pieces they are white - enchant nodes can give white pieces.

enchant nodes are handled just like equip mat nodes are as far as they scale to your level/skill for the leveling elements.

But one difference is you can purchase lower tier potencies in stores.

They may consider that in future updates for equip but they kinda gave it as a bonus possible when they gave ther writ crate thing. meh, not as good as the buy option but all worse than the use mats for lower craft or dial-harvest options.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that I can make anything I need and do not rely on guild traders, I also like that I can craft gear, food, potions and enchantments for any new characters I make.

My biggest rewards (non financial) come from being able to craft items for friends, guild mates and people I might get on well with when grouping. I made a couple of 8 and 9 trait sets yesterday for friends and they appreciate the help.

I have only been back doing the writs for a week, so am still assessing their viability. One complaint I do have is that I still need to travel elsewhere to get my daily undaunted pledges when all of my writs go to Craglorn. This is a little annoying when you do writs on 6 characters and still want to run the pledges.

I would like to see a revamp of crafting to make it more appealing and desirable, especially weapons and armour. They have introduced some good sets you can craft in the TG and DB dlc's but not everyone has access to these.

Crafted sets have lost their appeal with all the new gear out lately and at least half of the traits we research serve no real purpose. I am not one for wanting to sell my skills, just see some reason for people to want to learn crafting and get some enjoyment out of it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

ta is a quality item not a level item. just like you can still find white armor and swords, just like whenever you craft new pieces they are white - enchant nodes can give white pieces.

enchant nodes are handled just like equip mat nodes are as far as they scale to your level/skill for the leveling elements.

They may consider that in future updates for equip but they kinda gave it as a bonus possible when they gave ther writ crate thing. meh, not as good as the buy option but all worse than the use mats for lower craft or dial-harvest options.
    Thank you for replying, but please don't insult my Intelligence (In Reference to the part of your quote I made Bold). I am 54 years young and my Comprehension of things is perfectly fine. However my Reactions times have gotten a bit slower.
    Push my belly Button ... wait for it .... wait for it.... poppiefreshdoll.jpg:)

I am a level 50 Enchanter
    I know Ta is a white Enchanting mat.
    1. Rune = Ta
    2. Translation = Base
    3. Glyph Quality = White
    4. Aspect Level = 1

Essence Runes = determine the attribute or stat of the glyph EX. Fire, Poision Dmg, add Magicka, etc

Potency Runes = determine the level of the glyph & are additive or subtractive.

But when I harvest a Rune I get mats for any level from them (this part pertains to the POTENCY RUNES Only).
    Unlike when I harvest a Cloth node for instance.

That is what I was trying to point out.

And yeah, until they implement some way for us to be able to get additional mats for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking we are unfortunately not able to help new players to the game out. :(

And Writs are a viable way to get those missing levels of mats, but can you imagine how long it would take to get enough of them together to make a person a whole set of gear? By then they will no longer need it lol

I know that the 1 and only guild I am in currently, I have already had to turn down several NEW PEOPLE to the game when they asked questions about the game and how to do this or how to get that, and then after finding out about the Craftable sets asked if I could help them out by making them a set that would be good for their builds.

I know it would have at least given them a sense of direction to go in when looking for gear. But when you don't have the mats, well there isn't much you can do.
    Edited by Tia413 on November 20, 2016 3:28AM
    • It's my life. And It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. -- Bon Jovi
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No,crafting is pointless if your maxxed out. Make a couple twice born star sets and your done.
    Improving is essential
    Daily mails are ok
    I make food and bevs for myself once a week.
  • Tia413
    Tia413
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    No,crafting is pointless if your maxxed out. Make a couple twice born star sets and your done.
    Improving is essential

I agree.

And with One Tam they have now pretty much limited Max Clothing, Blacksmiting and Woodworking to only be able to craft CP 160 gear with it.

Unless we are willing to go buy the level 1-40 mats off a person via a Guild Trader. Nah, I will pass on that.

So, I worked my rear end off to get these to level 50 for what?

I already had my CP 160 gear before One Tam as well as Level 50 in Clothing, Blacksmithing, Woodworking and Enchanting.

Now all those Crafting Skills are pretty much useless. :(
    Unless, some one hits CP 160 and needs stuff made for them.
    And the odds are very slim on that happening because by then they surely would have leveled up their own crafting.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Thank you for replying, but please don't insult my Intelligence (In Reference to the part of your quote I made Bold). I am 54 years young and my Comprehension of things is perfectly fine. However my Reactions times have gotten a bit slower.
    Push my belly Button ... wait for it .... wait for it.... poppiefreshdoll.jpg:)

I am a level 50 Enchanter
    I know Ta is a white Enchanting mat.
    1. Rune = Ta
    2. Translation = Base
    3. Glyph Quality = White
    4. Aspect Level = 1

Essence Runes = determine the attribute or stat of the glyph EX. Fire, Poision Dmg, add Magicka, etc

Potency Runes = determine the level of the glyph & are additive or subtractive.

But when I harvest a Rune I get mats for any level from them (this part pertains to the POTENCY RUNES Only).
    Unlike when I harvest a Cloth node for instance.

That is what I was trying to point out.

And yeah, until they implement some way for us to be able to get additional mats for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking we are unfortunately not able to help new players to the game out. :(

And Writs are a viable way to get those missing levels of mats, but can you imagine how long it would take to get enough of them together to make a person a whole set of gear? By then they will no longer need it lol

I know that the 1 and only guild I am in currently, I have already had to turn down several NEW PEOPLE to the game when they asked questions about the game and how to do this or how to get that, and then after finding out about the Craftable sets asked if I could help them out by making them a set that would be good for their builds.

I know it would have at least given them a sense of direction to go in when looking for gear. But when you don't have the mats, well there isn't much you can do.

I was not insulting your intelligence. It was a reference your knowledge of game mechanics.
    One thst seems to still be in play.

POTENCIES drop from nodes right now in game based on skill level enchant potency or your character levels. This is not as you repeat again above "when I harvest a Rune I get mats for any level from them "

Cloth works the same way. Level of mat determine by craft/char skill.

And none of that has anything to do with TA the quality item.

Aside, if you are getting potencies of every level frpm a character harvesting runestones, you should reinstall or report the bug.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not find crafting in 1T useful at all (except alchemy and enchanting) due to the fact that most if not all the bestinslot sets for any class/build are dropped/looted sets with a predefined and unchangeable motif style.
    Edited by olsborg on November 20, 2016 3:58AM

PC EU
    PvP only
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Consumable crafting is pretty good and useful. Foods and enchants could be made more complex, but I have no quarrels standing.

Woodworking, blacksmithing, and tailor need some love. Maybe they could add some crafting specific traits as to make it unique and add some value. They could also add or change a few sets that are barely used and make them more viable in the current meta (excluding sets designed for leveling).

Another thing they could do is make sets that add a new mechanic or change has some abilities work. That would certainly shake things up.
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Addendum

just transitioned another 50-capper to 552/552 where the 55 are both drop sets.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol its actually less profitable now then ever. zos has made it clear there wont be gear lvl increases which gear lvl increases is when crafters have the most potential profit. sure there are people willing to finally pay a decent price for gear now. but they still rare and hard to find, particularly because people think 5k gold to craft an item is like a months rent even though you can easily make 100k in a day if you wanted to.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love crafting in ESO, never had this much fun doing it in an MMO before.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    zos has made it clear there wont be gear lvl increases
    Do you mean a new gear level cap (then what's your source ?) or ability to crafter to increase gear level ?
  • pala_the4th
    pala_the4th
    ✭✭
    I love crafting, I stil research even stuff I dont use, but I am not doing writs anymore, just a waste of time and resources.
    Yes to being able to change style of dropped armors and weapons!
    I am doing dungeons and veteran pledges to get the sets, but I wanna be able to change the style of that staff to what I like. It would be great if I could change the weapon attribute as well.
    EU XBone
    High Elf Sorcerer
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Still enjoying it after 11 months, but I haven't reached CP160/max writ level yet.

Still, hoping that update 13 will blow away some cobwebs from the proverbial crafting tables.