The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dominion body markings disappearing

Lluanda
Lluanda
✭✭✭
I bought the dominion tattoo pack, and while they work fine on my altmer templar and argonian templar, they disappear on my dunmer nightblade. The face one will be visible, but the body isn't. My friends can still see the body markings though, but I have to take it off and on again to see them myself. Strange thing is that there isn't a check mark in front of it in the menu either when this happens, and it happens at every travel or reload I do.
  • Mr_Apollo
    Mr_Apollo
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps a screenshot would help zos mods to see it?
    "Am I truly lost? Is this the end of me? Perhaps...just like all stories have a beginning, all of them will have an ending"
    ~Brelin Geolas

"The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing"
    ~Lyris Titanborn

"It is good the people wear clothing. M'aiq wears clothing. Who would want to see M'aiq naked? Sick, sick people. Very sad."
    ~M'aiq the Liar
    Kornwalsky - Dunmer - Nightblade
    Tinker Knight - Khajiit - DragonKnight
    Erenimir - Altmer - Sorcerer
    M'zorna - Orc - Sorcerer
    Kristof Nordgård - Breton - Templar

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    My Wings of the Wind Goddess and Winged Brows disappear from my Orc Templar every time she fast travels. And, like Lluanda, the check marks have gone, although I have to click on them twice to enable them, which suggests that I may be the only person who can't see them.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Apollo wrote: »
    Perhaps a screenshot would help zos mods to see it?

I'm on console and there really isn't anything to see as they simply don't show up. Will see if I can make a quick video later which would be more useful.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    My Wings of the Wind Goddess and Winged Brows disappear from my Orc Templar every time she fast travels. And, like Lluanda, the check marks have gone, although I have to click on them twice to enable them, which suggests that I may be the only person who can't see them.

That's exactly what happens to me. On the login screen I always see the markings correctly though and sometimes they do show up after logging in, only to disappear on travelling.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Which platform and megaserver are you on, @Lluanda?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Just been testing my characters on the EU Server. My Dark Elf, Breton and Redguard are displaying correctly, but my Wood Elf (sorceror) loses her Wings whenever I load her, the same as my Orc Templar (please see above).
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I am on PS4
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue I just posted. I thought it was because of my costume, but it seems it may be the tattoos themselves dropping in visual on each rezone.

It doesn't seem to actually remove the selection because even though the check is gone i have to double click the x button on PS4 to get them to show up (which I would think is remove and apply).
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    I Can confirm this. Bought the pact Tattoo but IT dissapears after a while. Also even in the store you Can let them appear with your actual (Drop)costume, but ingame Not.

PC EU Megaserver, doesnt work on my altmer.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those of you running into this issue, what other items do you have equipped when the tattoo/markings disappear?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    My Orc is wearing the Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown, but I honestly don't think this is relevant because many of my characters wear it but not all of them suffer this problem.
    It happens on both PS4 Servers btw.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you running into this issue, what other items do you have equipped when the tattoo/markings disappear?

I've had them disappear while wearing various costumes; also, I've noticed on my toons that if you wear the Corseted riding outfit the tattoos hang out from under the bodice instead of being on the body.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Hi Gina,

All of my characters wear costumes but the disappearing markings seem to be character specific not costume specific because two characters wearing the same costume are affected differently.
  • Lluanda
    Lluanda
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina, I'm on Xbox EU and it mostly happens to my character names Celsa. As for items equipped on her, not sure if you only mean cosmetics so I'll include it all: Salwar sand kissed ensemble, red flower in her hair, grothdar x2, aether jewellery x3, crafted twice born star set & maelstrom ice destro+resto. Sometimes it suddenly seems to work properly by the way, and either way others can always see the markings, but I can't. When I wear body + face, it is usually only the body disappearing on travel or going through any loading screen, but sometimes the face markings too.

It occasionally happens to my first (altmer templar) character named Indigo as well, but not nearly as much. She only has the body markings on her and she wears the same outfit but different adornments: dominion circlet thingy and earrings (don't know what specific earrings I've put on her lately, but can check if needed), also 5x aether, 5x spell power, master resto and either aether lightning staff or a maelstrom resto. I haven't seen it happen to my Argonian Templar.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi again Gina,
    My Orc (PS4/EU/Templar) only displays her head markings if I remove any jewellery. Her body markings disappear if she wears any costume.
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    Hm i am Vampire altmer and I wear the amberplasm appearence with a costume. It dissapears Most of the times when i die
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hiya, also having this issue with my wood elf nightblade. The tattoo doesn't show for me when I switch zones. I only wear the body tattoo and not the head/face tattoo. I have to activate it again from my collectibles.

My character usually wears the Elven Hero and Sandkissed Ensemble costumes (tattoo disappears on both), with the Heroic Poet hair, daedra horns, and ice blue flower. Both costumes are dyed. May be worth mentioning that my character also has a body tattoo from character creation.
    Edited by Kihamai on November 12, 2016 1:27PM
    pc na | trash tier
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're having a difficult time nailing this one down, guys. Could someone try capturing a video showing when/how this happens to see if that helps?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry Gina, I haven't the faintest idea how to achieve that (send a video to you).
    I am currently playing my Orc Templar and am very disappointed that her Winged Body Markings only display if I reset them every time she is loaded, whether from character select or a loading screen (new area/wayshrine).
    She wears a costume (Sand Kissed Salwar Ensemble or Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown or Whisperweft Gala Wear); tattoos wouldn't even show if she didn't, so this incompatibility renders tattoos a total waste of money if the issue isn't fixed, hopefully soon.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, I will do a video this evening and upload it to youtube. I'll also check if this happens in a minimal setting. (No Equipment or other Visuals)

My char is a Dunmer Templar

Edit: Right now I can reproduce the Bug:
    If I select more than 5 Visuals and have the Hide Helmet option turned on, it will disappear after the next teleport to another zone or login.
    If I select more than 6 Visuals and have the Hide Helmet option turned off, it will disappear after the next teleport to another zone or login
    In all other cases, it works fine for me, also the markings reappear as soon as I deselect some visuals and teleport again.

My selected visuals are:
    • Hats: Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask
    • Hair Styles: Long Crested Dreads
    • Head Markings: Pact Warrior Face Tattoos
    • Facial Hair: Long Patriarch Beard
    • Costumes: Dark Shaman
    • Body Markings: Pact Warrior Body Tattoos
    • Personalities: Furious

https://youtube.com/watch?v=B9SsIf5rcMQ

Hope that helps @ZOS_GinaBruno
    This was done just now, so after the incremental Patch from Saturday.

Edit2: In vMSA the numbers stated above were reduced by one for some reason. I could teleport forth and back with 6 selected visuals and outside it was fine, inside they had disappeared. When I removed the Facial Hair, so I had only 5 visuals with helmet not hidden, the markings would be shown again after teleporting.
    I suspect it has something to do with the character appearance, and then only a certain maximum number of visual alterations/options are allowed. Somehow when teleporting they are not properly restored. Maybe there is a miscommunication with the server (I assume these settings are stored on the server like key binds etc. )
    Edited by Solinur on November 15, 2016 9:09AM
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys. For anyone on PC, can you confirm you're still seeing this issue after downloading Saturday's incremental patch? We had some adjustments for character models that may have fixed this. Let us know?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. For anyone on PC, can you confirm you're still seeing this issue after downloading Saturday's incremental patch? We had some adjustments for character models that may have fixed this. Let us know?

Oh no, I was just a bit too late :P
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    It still happends to me when i enter the vMsa. I just need to reactivate it in "collections".
  • KiTsuKuzu
    KiTsuKuzu
    I'm glad i'm not the only one this happens to, it does this for all body tattoos on my templar, but not my other characters. I'm on ps4 though.

Its just a matter of hotbarring the tats and double tapping it every time i travel but still, its a little obnoxious.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    It still happends to me when i enter the vMsa. I just need to reactivate it in "collections".

Also just went to vMSA and noticed that there you can only have one less than the number I stated above...
    Addon Author
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    I've just tried removing all but 5 of my Orc Templar's Appearance options but she is still always losing her Wing Body Markings on any loading screen. Hide helmet is Off. I have kept the Assassin Personality, Sand Kissed Salwar Costume, Wings of the Wind Goddess Body Markings, Winged Brows Head Markings, and The Heroic Poet Hair Style. I selected No Jewellery and No Facial Accessories.
    I even tried having no Personality, leaving my character only 4 Appearance options selected, but it has made no difference: she still always loses her Body Markings :(
  • belacub18_ESO
    belacub18_ESO
    ✭✭
    I am wondering why the head Tattoo remains while chest Not.
    I Do know nothing of programming but maybe IT isn't originally intendet that the Markings are useable on every race. Because as Far As I noticed, only my altmer (lorewise: Not pact)loses pact Markings while my dunmer (PACT!) keeps IT.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, let's try something else. Can you guys post a screenshot of your character not wearing any armor, costumes, or collectibles? Just your character in their skivvies.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    This will almost turn into *** gallery now :D

Here you go:

161115-190651.png
    161115-190813.png
    Hi everyone,
    I've just tried removing all but 5 of my Orc Templar's Appearance options but she is still always losing her Wing Body Markings on any loading screen. Hide helmet is Off. I have kept the Assassin Personality, Sand Kissed Salwar Costume, Wings of the Wind Goddess Body Markings, Winged Brows Head Markings, and The Heroic Poet Hair Style. I selected No Jewellery and No Facial Accessories.
    I even tried having no Personality, leaving my character only 4 Appearance options selected, but it has made no difference: she still always loses her Body Markings :(

It's just an idea but, maybe it depends on how many "visuals" your character "naturally" has? Maybe you can remove more to see when they disappear? Don't forget to teleport after each change.

Also maybe related: upon porting/relogging my last chosen pet turns up again.
    Edited by Solinur on November 15, 2016 6:12PM
    Addon Author
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get this too. Sometimes the jewelry and facial tattoos will disappear as well. Again this is every time I fast travel, log off/quit the game. I have put on dozens of different costumes and it doesn't matter which ones I use, this happens every time. Its funny though, that even while ingame the body tats are disappearing, it shows it available/on when in character select screen. Again mostly just the body tattoos, sometimes the other facial tattoos and jewelry disappear but those seem random to me. THe body tattoos are STILL disappearing every face travel, load screen, logging off.