Zenimax, FIX THE VIPER SET!!!!

alephthiago
alephthiago
✭✭✭✭✭
This is getting out of hand, viper's sting coming from bow attacks when the set's description says it should proc from melee attacks, yesterday i decided to take screenshots everytime i wasnt in heavy battle and when you can clearly identify the attackers and there is a limited number of them, its amazing you guys have not fixed this bug when EVERY player knows its happening.

http://imgur.com/a/XDHbF
http://imgur.com/a/rVoz0
http://imgur.com/a/3IIpo
http://imgur.com/a/XItkq
Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
*** kitty AD Stamblade
Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never been hit for more than 2.6 k from viper sting. It's not viper sting that kills people... unless five people are hitting you. Then that is a different problem all together. People have been using viper for months... sad. Viper and widow and vali, etc... is not going to make a bad player into a good player... never has happened or will happen.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There´s nothing that needs to be "fixed" with the viper set since nothing is bugged with it. The viper set is working as intended. It´s strong but it´s still working as it should be. And to be honest, a 4,5k hit from a set isn´t in need of a fix.....

Just curious: What gear (with traits) are you using in pvp? Because no one with 5-7 pieces with impengear will get hit but that much (at least I don´t think it likely, but I can be wrong) from viper
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here come the mindless proctato spuds coming to defend their broken set.

Almost none of them ever read the OP.

Fewer bothered to read the MELEE damage requirement on their one button kill set. Or the fact that it procs on BOW poison damage and it shouldn't.

It's okay. Let them lick the windows, they aren't hurting anyone.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix any time soon.

I don't imagine they'll even look at proc sets until or after the class balance patch, next year. Assuming they even bother to do anything about proc sets in the first place, I don't think I've even seen them comment about stacking procs without cooldown yet.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate Viper, but it's not Viper that's bugged. It's weapon swapping. If you shoot with your bow then quickly swap to your other bar that has the viper bonus, it will proc.

Here's an example of a bow heavy attack then swapping to my DW bar

FirVpDJ.jpg

You can see the heavy attack, weapon glyph and viper all proc at once.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I have never been hit for more than 2.6 k from viper sting. It's not viper sting that kills people... unless five people are hitting you. Then that is a different problem all together. People have been using viper for months... sad. Viper and widow and vali, etc... is not going to make a bad player into a good player... never has happened or will happen.

If you read the post you'd see the OP is complaining about Viper being able to proc while using a bow from range, not about the damage in general.
    If you rely on this set I can see why you'd only read the title then instantly come to its defence.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    And here come the mindless proctato spuds coming to defend their broken set.

Almost none of them ever read the OP.

Fewer bothered to read the MELEE damage requirement on their one button kill set. Or the fact that it procs on BOW poison damage and it shouldn't.

It's okay. Let them lick the windows, they aren't hurting anyone.

Not defending the set, just questioning the rant.
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I really hate Viper, but it's not Viper that's bugged. It's weapon swapping. If you shoot with your bow then quickly swap to your other bar that has the viper bonus, it will proc.

FirVpDJ.jpg

As you can see this is the reason ppl think viper "procs" on bow skills. But this isn´t a bug with the set itself but a weaponswapbug
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    As you can see this is the reason ppl think viper "procs" on bow skills. But this isn´t a bug with the set itself but a weaponswapbug

Yep. It happens with other sets too. I don't need a Red Mountain bow, because when I swap to my DW where I get the RM bonus, the poison injection/volley ticks can still proc it.
    Sets generally don't care where they're triggered from, only what bar you're on when it wants to proc.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There´s nothing that needs to be "fixed" with the viper set since nothing is bugged with it. The viper set is working as intended. It´s strong but it´s still working as it should be. And to be honest, a 4,5k hit from a set isn´t in need of a fix.....

Just curious: What gear (with traits) are you using in pvp? Because no one with 5-7 pieces with impengear will get hit but that much (at least I don´t think it likely, but I can be wrong) from viper

Incorrect . Vipers will still proc ranged with defile weapon enchant loaded . Needs fixing . All the proc suits have timer issues and at times double proc . @ZOS_GinaBruno needs to have someone in the dev department look into why proc sets are ignoring cool down in PvP .
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

melee...melee....melee
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the screenshots is from a guy hitting me from the keep's wall, its snipe after snipe, no weapon swap...
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

FirVpDJ.jpg

It's not weapon swap. I believe it's the enchant that procs viper.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just fix PvP. Nerf Procs and Jesus Beam, everything will be fine.
    PC EU
  • LEGENDARYYY
    LEGENDARYYY
    ✭✭✭✭

FirVpDJ.jpg

This could maybe be related to my casting bug thread.

Something is really going on with the casting/swapping in the game atm. Needs some more attention.
    CP capped.

EP - Nord - Eystein Blodsbringar - Tristat DK Tank
    EP - Nord - Eyjolf Blodsbringar - Stamina NB PvPer
    EP - Argonian - Tired-Of-Cats - Magicka Sorc PvPer
    EP - Khajit - Cutepaws - Banker
    EP - Redguard - Jathod Trearan - Stamina DK DD
    EP - Redgaurd - Dhenus Okzhat-Si - Stamina Sorcerer DD (vMSA toon, 569K)
    EP - Altmer - Haqsin - Magicka Sorc DD
    EP - Altmer - Minia Feaine - Templar Healer

+ about 20 deleted alts

GM of Pact Veteran Trade (Craglorn), Traders of the Ebonheart (Mournhold), Pact Veteran Trade II (Mournhold)

All part of the "Akatosh Imperium".

Want competitive Cyrodiil? Support THIS thread.

Me soloing Veteran Elden Hollow and AA: HERE
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that we have a fix for this coming in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank heavens !
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, didnt expect that, thank you gina.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭

Only for viper our for all global proc sets? Maybe you can also fix the range on jesus beam and the full healt healers/tanks with there high dps.maybe i will try eso again...
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "future patch".. and herein lies the catch... thinking Update 14 in 6 months time ?!
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Just out of curiosity, will it be a band aid fix just for viper or are you going to fix the underlying issue with projectiles and weapon swap?
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

What kind of fix? I don't wear Viper, but if I would - i would want to know what is going to happen with my gear I'm spending a lot of time\gold for.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »

What kind of fix? I don't wear Viper, but if I would - i would want to know what is going to happen with my gear I'm spending a lot of time\gold for.

Probably work as described? only in melee attacks?
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, i thought they were going to fix the fact that the set is OP. My bad :-(
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout you guys fix cloak.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fix will probably be how the game reads poison enchants.... currently the poison enchant on a bow counts as a melee hit when it procs off of bow attacks, thus proccing Viper, its has nothing to do with weapon swapping... although apparently both variations will proc Viper, so they need to fix both the enchant counting as melee and the weapon swap counting bow attacks as melee.
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • camknox
    camknox
    ✭✭✭
    Me thinks/hopes, that this fix is in the current patch
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Wrobel I recommend increasing the cooldown on viper, or changing it to direct melee damage instead of just melee. That was it's harder to use in ganking.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR