The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Not being able to log into cyro after crashing

Hekaterin
Hekaterin
✭✭✭
As the title says - since One Tamriel, I've regularly had this problem that once I vrash in Cyrodiil, I won't be able to log to the character I crashed with until I log to another character first or wait around 15mins+.

Anyone else experiencing this? As I asked around, some of my guildies have similiar issues with login after crash. Really wish this would be fixed or at least acknowledged!
  • samytheslayer
    samytheslayer
    ✭✭
    Same here. You have to remember that the debs are *** ***.
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭
    Yes has happened to me twice already in the past week on xb1. After the disconnect the game keeps getting stuck on loading screen for cyrodiil and problem persists for hours.
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    When relog after lagging out load back into a different character then go back to the one you were on. Only way Iv found to get past the load screen
  • Rosvira
    Rosvira
    ✭✭
    lisa had this before lolz
    Rosvîra - EP Sorcerer
    Arivsor - DC Sorcerer
    Legendary Nobhead - EP Templar
  • Aistis1990
    Not good. Loading screen for twelve moons can't play .This one's Sad very Sad... ;(
  • Azharan
    Azharan
    ✭✭
    Same problem here :(
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it happens to me multiple times a day
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep same issue ! Just add it to the ever growing list of items that need fixing
  • Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    As far a I've seen, still no word from zos on this issue? It's seriously starting to be such a pain, especially when you need to get back fast... and usully when finally manging to log in, I'm back at homebase or pve area :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    When you say you're crashing in Cyrodiil, are you being disconnected to the login screen, or are you crashing all the way to your desktop/dashboard? Any error messages (for those of you on PC)?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    When you say you're crashing in Cyrodiil, are you being disconnected to the login screen, or are you crashing all the way to your desktop/dashboard? Any error messages (for those of you on PC)?
    Usually when I crash the whole game freezes and I either get the zos crash reporter or windows notify that the program has stopped working. Crashing and logging back to the character I crashed with are slightly different issues though.

Mind you it's only when you crash in cyrodiil that you can't log to that character without getting infinite loadingscreen.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hekaterin wrote: »
    Usually when I crash the whole game freezes and I either get the zos crash reporter or windows notify that the program has stopped working. Crashing and logging back to the character I crashed with are slightly different issues though.

Mind you it's only when you crash in cyrodiil that you can't log to that character without getting infinite loadingscreen.

Ditto.

Also, if you get an infinite load screen using transitus, etc. and Alt-F4 + manually cancel the lingering ESO task, you will still have to log into another character to get back in.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happening on the Ps4 as well.

When cap closing sometimes it puts you into the floor, you then go into an insta loading screen which doesn't end, you have to restart. If you try and go back on that same toon you are then placed in another long loading screen which won't end. You have to go on to another toon before rejoining on your other one.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't matter if i crash or got disconnected, i can't relog to my character (if he is in Cyrodiil).
    Relogin with another character helps thou.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm with PS4.

1. Can get into a long loading screen when using the transit shrines, when a keep wall/door is repaired to full health, or even when a critical rush (two handed ability) is used.
    2. Have tried to wait out of the loading screen, over 15mins and no luck.
    3. Have tried to wait out of the loading screen, successful only once, after waiting for several minutes, but every time you die, or need to fast travel, you get another long load screen, need to do #6 below to resolve issue.
    4. Have tried to close application, log in with same character, and still get stuck on long load screen.
    5. Have tried to close application, log in with another character which is also in Cyrodiil, and also get stuck on long load screen.
    6. Have tried to close application, log in with another character NOT in Cyrodiil, and will load normally, log out and log into that character in Cyrodiil, and everything will seem to be normal.

Hope that is enough information for the devs to work on this, let us know if you find something.
  • Finisherofwar
    Finisherofwar
    ✭✭

On xb1 it crashes the game to the main dashboard of xb1. After it crashes if you try to log back into character you get stuck in infinite load screen and if you close game and relaunch you just get infinite load screen again when trying to log in. When this happens you are unable to play again for around 2 hours which is what is happening to me right now hence why I'm writing this.
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Right now, the issue I have is that I get an infinite loading screen when entering Cyrodiil, have to Alt+F4, and then when I log back in I can't queue at all to any campaign. Need to log out and back on again to be able to enter it. o.O

This has happened a few times these past two weeks. :(
  • Kser
    Kser
    Soul Shriven
    Hekaterin wrote: »

try login in other toon then go to ur main toon
    it gonna work
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having a similar issue, crashing in PvP and not being able to log into my character for a very long time.

For example last night. I was on my mount and I crashed ( error message saying something like ESO quit responding ). So I shut down ESO, start it, and then try logging into the same character. At that point I get the load screen of death.

Just recently It has been taking me like 30 minutes to get back into the game after a crash. It never used to be like that.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• hobicabobjob
    hobicabobjob
    ✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »

It doesn't matter if i crash or got disconnected, i can't relog to my character (if he is in Cyrodiil).
    Relogin with another character helps thou.

Can confirm this works for me too.
  • Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    Kser wrote: »
    try login in other toon then go to ur main toon
    it gonna work
    I do know that (I think I did say so?) but my point is, you waste quite a lot of time and usually you end up back to homebase and not where you crashed at. Don't think it's intended to get infinite loadingscreens from crashing, right?
    Edited by Hekaterin on November 3, 2016 5:30PM
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    Same happens on PS4, infinite load screen. I find it if you log in another toon that's not in cyrodiil then back to the one in cyrodiil, it will load properly.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup once i crash i won't be able to log back in with that character. I'm forced to log in with an alt and then log back in with my main and of course ill be in the que to get into cyrodiil again. Ffs
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't believe this is finally being addressed! It made me give up on PvP almost completely.

On Xbox, I've experienced both complete straight crashes to the desktop and the game freezing (including the audio repeating and image still).

Everytime the consequence is the same:

If you try to log in directly into the same character, you get infinite loading screen.

If you log into another character and back in the original one, you can log in but will be out of Cyrodiil.
  • Aistis1990
    I was afraid that gonna need to quit this game because character is ultimately stuck... but ATM i've got a TIP how to avoid it.

Once you get crash to windows. Reload game and Log any other character from your account. Then log your main -> Problem solved. Tried it myself 100% worked haven't need to stare to loading screen long.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried that trick and it didn't work. The DCing on XB in Cyrodiil since Tamriel One has been extremely frustrating to the point that it's just not even fun anymore
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno XB1 crashes to dashboard, sometimes with the error message that we don't have an account. Then it takes about 30 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil with the original character.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • Sounomi
    Sounomi
    ✭✭✭

This bug has been around for awhile now. It seems that the server gets stuck on loading something for your character and can't get past it until either your session on the map times out (usually 10 to 15 minutes) or you log on and off another character, which seems to kill the session right away. I used to get this problem a lot if I got disconnected from the game during a large keep battle. However since One Tamriel, this problem will always occur to you in Cyrodiil if you get disconnected from the game, the game throws up an error window, or you kill the game's process through task manager (which is required for long lasting load screens usually). Talking to my PvP guild mates it seems that this bug doesn't affect everyone but those that are affected will almost always get it.
  • Aistis1990
    I don't know where's a problem actually . Have clean windows installed , downloaded clean files for ESO. Still I get like 3-10 errors to window daily. ;( I just kill game process by task manager and start a new. But while I'm in Cyrodill I can't log in normally. Loading screen freezes and never logs a character. At night time I left this loading screen and gone to bed. After 8 hrs sleep i went by pc and still saw it loading. So if not the tip with logging another character first , I already have been quited this game. Developers please do something. It ruins ESO gaming experience and people can't actually play ;(

Server (EU)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the extra info, everyone! Just want to let you know that we're continuing to investigate this issue.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post