The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Dawn of the Enchanted Viper" Bug?

Absentia
Absentia
✭✭✭
I have completed all necessary quests and "The Missing Guardian" quest. I have the Celestial Investigator achievement and all other Craglorn achievments except the ones who are related to finishing the "Dawn of the Enchanted Viper" quest. I've completed "Mage's Tower", "Sanctum Ophidia" and "Assaulting The Citadel" Quests and Trials.
But Titus Valerius still does not give me the quest "Dawn of the enchanted Viper. I tried everything: Log out and in, restart the game; nothing. I also wandered around Dragonstar, but no messenger showed up. I have tried to get the quest from another player, but that didn't work either.
The only answer i have for this is that it's a bug.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the quest, but now stuck at actually killing the exalted viper. After killing a certain npc, it never spawned. Tried logging and reactivating the bridge, but now it seams I am locked out of the door where I need to be to defeat the boss with the waypoint still pointing to the inside of the room. Guess will have to abandon and see if I can pick it up again.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Did try and ask Zenimax for help, but all i got was a standard answer like "log out and back in", "abandon quest and restart", "wait til next update comes and maybe fixes your problem"... not very helpful.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    I also traveled with someone who was doing the main quest line for the first time, in the hope of finding a possible quest that i missed, but nothing. I talked to all the NPCs in Craglorn, except for the repeatable questgivers i had no success. I also tried getting older main quests from other players, but that didn't work either. I can't restart the main questline or find out what is missing. So please tell me, what shall i do?
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Are older Solo Quests still playable, after you completed the following quests. The related NPCs i talked to, aren't giving me the quests they should.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    It's definately a bug, maybe because i finished some craglorn solo quests before onetamriel. Other players tried to share all necessary quests with me:
    The corrupted stone
    The warrior' call
    Elemental army
    The shattered and the lost
    The missing guardian
    The serpent's fang
    I could not take one of them, this means i already did ever single one of them.
    This is all so annoying because without the "dawn of the exalted viper" quest i won't get 4 achievements.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    BTW: do we ever get some kind of answer?
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    As a last try, i went with someone, who did the whole craglorn solo quests for the first time. We did all the lower craglorn quests. He got the celestial investigator achievement. The we did the rest. In the end he got the "dawn of the exalted viper" quest. In the whole time i couldn't get a quest and did not get the "dawn of the exalted viper" quest. So even if i missed on a quest, i'm not able to fix this.
    I play on PS4 on a european Server.
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    While looking into the issue. We noticed that you didn't list Slithering Brood as one of the quests you'd completed. That quest is available in either Belkarth or Dragonstar.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for the reports!
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You for your response. In fact, i did all quests in craglorn including slithering brood (snake/scorpion bosses) , and i also tried to get this quest from another player too, without any success. At the moment i'm only able to get repeatable quests in craglorn. I had it on my list, but forgot to mention it here, i'm very sorry for this.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank You Brian for Your response. I'm glad, that you're confirming me that i've completed all necessary quests, and that you're looking into the problem.

Ticket. 161026-001379
    "Hallo, Vielen Dank, dass Sie das Elder Scrolls Online Support Team kontaktiert haben. Ich heiße Brian, danke für die Details und bitte entschuldigen Sie die Unannehmlichkeiten. Ich habe Ihr Quests angeschaut und konnte sehen das Sie die nötige Quests beendet haben. Wir werden uns diesen Fehler untersuchen.
    Mit herzlichen Grüßen.
    Brian,
    Elder Scrolls Online Team"
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a way to get the achievement under exploration / craglorn / "exarch's stronghold explorer" without the quest "dawn of the exalted viper"?
    Because without this achievement i don't get the other achievement "upper craglorn pathfinder" and without this achievement i don' get the "upper craglorn master explorer"achievement.
    So because of 1 quest i can't play, i'm missing the last 3 achievements i need in exploration.
  • Absentia
    Absentia
    ✭✭✭
    Finally it worked. Thank You so much for the great support!