The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dueling rewards

rebornhunter25
I've tried out dueling and I'm impressed but not really so much.. why don't we get xp and gold for winning or just xp for winning ? There's no real value other than knowing your weaker or better than your opponent .. I just feel jipped out of this as they could have added more to it to make it more fun other than just duel and walk away with an almost empty feeling
Its just a game, not real life... don't take it seriously
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get anything because it can be abused. Imagine farming your friends for hours to get free gold and xp? No, a title is more than enough. Just enjoy dueling for what it is.
  • Hairycherry
    There shouls be no exp or gold rewards for dueling.. The only thing I can image being added is 'betting' for dueling.
    So you can bet items // gold on yourself if you think you are better than your opponent.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There shouls be no exp or gold rewards for dueling.. The only thing I can image being added is 'betting' for dueling.
    So you can bet items // gold on yourself if you think you are better than your opponent.

Betting would be sooooooooo corrupt too. I think betting should stay in private
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

A Daily reward would suffice
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

"I'll give you 20% if you take a dive"
  • rebornhunter25
    Alucardo wrote: »
    You don't get anything because it can be abused. Imagine farming your friends for hours to get free gold and xp? No, a title is more than enough. Just enjoy dueling for what it is.

I'm not saying a large amount like 50xp or something nothing game changing that would ruin everyone's experience
  • rebornhunter25

I agree that would be a pretty sweet idea.. that would be one new way to interact with others in game , that would definitely spice things up at least for me :D
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prize is gloating in zone chat
  • rebornhunter25
    The prize is gloating in zone chat

What kind of reward is that? Nothing I'd feel good about because nobody really cares, give me something that has value
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been moved to: Dueling
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if they gave 1xp for dueling someone would figure out how to exploit it. That said ZOS is very good about adding things as they go so don't be surprised if we are actually playing a beta dueling version of what they have planned for 6 months from now.
  • rebornhunter25
    Yeah but I'm sure ZOS could patch the exploit when it's found and continue giving the in game reward as it was
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're only betting on yourself, what risk is there of it being abused? Say me and another each bet 10k on a duel, if I took a dive all I'd be doing is losing gold.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • rebornhunter25
    Yeah I'm not taking a dive for nobody but I'll place a bet against someone else if I felt confident enough .. if I lost the money at least I was the one who knew about the decision so I could only blame myself .. with rewards has to come with restrictions .. I wouldent expect any less but I would expect ZOS to address and fix the issues when confronted and therefore eliminating the problem so we could worry less about abuse then when you duel you will have more to show then you beat another player only to have lame gloating rights when nobody really cares when you share it
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A daily quest like win 20 duels vs whatever class would be cool, sure it could be abused but 20 wins really is nothing for like 1k ap and 300 gold
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • rebornhunter25
    I think that would be a neat idea they could incorporate rewards into dueling that way :) or what about having a duel only arena? I love that idea
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried out dueling and I'm impressed but not really so much.. why don't we get xp and gold for winning or just xp for winning ? There's no real value other than knowing your weaker or better than your opponent .. I just feel jipped out of this as they could have added more to it to make it more fun other than just duel and walk away with an almost empty feeling

What you get of value is not getting ganked in the arena district while you are dueling. You could always go back to arena for your duels though, then you get ap and surprises.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭
    The reward is enjoying the duel and possibly improving yourself. There are lots of ways to get a pat on the head from this game other than dueling. It's nice to have something that people do just for the pure fun of it.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm not saying a large amount like 50xp or something nothing game changing that would ruin everyone's experience

Can non-duelers get a 50xp key click infinite repeater too?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is ONLY there so you can test your skills on an opponent so you can be better prepared for fighting in Cyrodiil
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dueling is ONLY there so you can test your skills on an opponent so you can be better prepared for fighting in Cyrodiil

If you view it like this for yourself that is of course perfectly fine. But for some, like me, dueling is fun in itself (another type of PvP than Cyrodiil) and the fact that it helps develop skills for open PvP is just a positive side effect.

And about rewards: the main reward is the fun that comes with the challenge to my skill, and I haven't even been thinking of other rewards... though, once I think of it, more than one title that you can achieve could be nice - for example you could have titles for winning a certain number of duels against specific classes.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭

How would it be corrupt? If someobe was that desperate why not just open trade?
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    I think a 1v1 arena system could thrive. It would be an instanced zone where you would get a choice of two of the six weapons, then 1 out of the three Armor weights. No set bonuses, no proc sets nothing. Just you, class skills weapons and your skill level. Even the playing field for everyone and make it a skill based equation.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The last thing dueling needs is a mechanism to create even more ego, cheese, and salt.

It is it's own reward.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • imapogostick
    imapogostick
    ✭✭

I think they mean betting your own money vs his, I love that great idea. Allow us to gamble on duels! Seriously, good idea