Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover Real Adventure in our One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Discover Real Adventure in our One Tamriel Trip of a Lifetime! With the release of One Tamriel, we're launching a thrilling new sweepstakes that will allow five lucky winners to choose a travel package that will take them to one of five exotic locations around the globe. Each package will include full accommodations, meals, and exciting adventure excursions with expert local guides. Good luck!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That is awesome. It reminds me of the time I rode an Alliance-themed war mount in Cyrodiil a few years! :-)

BEZTi5a.jpg
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    aaannnnd again not able to participate...

ZOS... cool ideas but the F. do some stuff for peeps allover please.
    Give away stuff in game, that way we can all enjoy. not the few countries you did get the thing set up in....

Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice that you are doing another big giveaway and the theme of it isn't completely unrelated to the game, which it felt like the previous one was.

However, once again there are only a few countries that are eligible to sign up. I mean a lot of European countries are excluded, as well as Australia. It just seems kind of weird. Of the people I play with, who aren't American or Canadian, I can say that most won't be able to sign up. It'd be a bit enlightening to know the reasons behind this.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Saturn wrote: »
    Nice that you are doing another big giveaway and the theme of it isn't completely unrelated to the game, which it felt like the previous one was.

However, once again there are only a few countries that are eligible to sign up. I mean a lot of European countries are excluded, as well as Australia. It just seems kind of weird. Of the people I play with, who aren't American or Canadian, I can say that most won't be able to sign up. It'd be a bit enlightening to know the reasons behind this.

It's due to local sweepstakes rules, which are different per country.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Dalbhach
    Dalbhach
    I am glad I just have to answer a "skill" testing question!
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify: These vacations are for one, right? Not one plus a companion?
  • Dalbhach
    Dalbhach
    " trip for two (2) individuals (the winner and a guest)"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    opaj wrote: »
    To clarify: These vacations are for one, right? Not one plus a companion?

It is for two - you and a friend. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an issue of your states and country's laws that make you ineligible. Most times it has to deal with large prize packages need to be bonded when they are over a certain amount.

That being said though, @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I thought there were supposed to be more little contests that were available for more of us to enter. What happened with that?
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boo!

14600897_10155447577063782_2772019862659493198_n.jpg?oh=6616ec9618f44b3279ef0d8e3bdaa561&oe=58A201DB

Please try and do competitions for everyone to get onboard... at the very least you can give away codes for crown store items!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • CrazyStarGirlNZ
    Not fair. Other companies/organizations all over world run competitions where we can enter!
    Aaaand I know New Zealand is one of the destinations but but but

ELIGIBILITY
    While we’d love for everyone across the globe to have a chance at winning one of the great trips, local sweepstakes rules make this impossible. There are different competition rules per country, and even across states, and that ultimately determined the final list of eligible countries and states.

No only do we get the thin end of the servers we don't get to enter competitions.....
    Right I'm done crying, back to living in paradise :wink:
    PS4 NA
    DC Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc
    EP Mag Templar, Stam Blade, Mag Sorc, Stam DK, Mag Warden
    AD Stam DK, Mag Sorc
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nord-themed trip to a landlocked country of wine-drinkers. :| What happened to good old mead?
    Edited by Rosveen on October 5, 2016 7:42PM
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, well I live in New York... You know, the 3rd most populous state in the US, and I can't enter either. So it's not just other countries that keep getting screwed out of these contests. They can't even get the whole US to be able to participate.

Fail.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? Another region blocked contest? At least allow us to enter into the draw for second place.
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switzerland as Skyrim? What? Skyrim belongs to the Nords!
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What an interesting and exciting competition! :)

I'm torn between the "Black Marsh Package", (I'd love to visit Machu Picchu and other ruins, the Amazon Rain forest too), and the "Summerset Isles Package", (I've always wanted to go to New Zealand)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point to put only a small bunch of countries into eligible list? Ok, once again only Chosen Ones can participate and explore Elsweyr / Skyrim / Black Marsh / Hammerfell / Summerset Isles (underline whatever applicable) - once again local sweepstakes rules make the game (no, sorry, I still don't believe that).
    But oh gods, why can't others win 1k of crowns? Which rules forbid that?

PS. Idea of such contest is great anyway :)
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    What an interesting and exciting competition! :)

I'm torn between the "Black Marsh Package", (I'd love to visit Machu Picchu and other ruins, the Amazon Rain forest too), and the "Summerset Isles Package", (I've always wanted to go to New Zealand)

@Glaiceana New Zealand for sure. Zika doesn't sound like fun.
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This just made me angry. Almost none of European countries can participate. Different laws? Well, many companies do worldwide contests just fine. Where there's will, there's a way. Once again, I feel like you simply don't care enough.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... How do I choose?? I've already been to New Zealand but I love it so much there. And besides, I wasn't there for very long. At least I have a while to make my mind up!
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the deal with Canada though?
    If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.
    PC/EU DC
  • Sevric
    Sevric
    Soul Shriven
    If entrant is a resident of Canada: correctly answer without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered at a mutually convenient time in person or by telephone.

Yeah I was pretty pumped about this contest but I can just imagine winning it and then not being able to answer correctly because my math skills are s**t haha. It's weird that only we have to answer the skill- testing question, I'm also wondering what's up with that in the first place.

I would go to any of those 5 countries though since I love to travel, but never get to go anywhere exotic. Peru would be cool since I speak an acceptable level of spanish, although I'm not sure if I'd be a fan of the tropical climate.
    Edited by Sevric on October 6, 2016 3:17AM
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trend here is that whoever came up with this idea clearly learnt nothing nor took away anything from the last 1 million dollar giveaway competition...

We need a new competition team (probably marketing department, they never understand) at ZoS to provide competitions that everyone that plays/will play can enjoy, surely this is much a easier (and cheaper) to organise and run.

It's a no brainer really <sigh> anyway I guess thanks to Sophie Monk I already live Hews' Bane so back to the pickpocketing for me...
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • RagnarFirehawk
    1353.gif

lolz too funny. Got to love international rules...
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slovakia, Central Europe, again not able to participate.... WTF????
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as I remember it's considered gambling in Canada, if it's pure luck based, so they have to make it actually skill based, even if it's pointless.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »

As far as I remember it's considered gambling in Canada, if it's pure luck based, so they have to make it actually skill based, even if it's pointless.

Woah interesting. I guess that's one way of getting around the law ;) just so long as they don't make the maths too hard. Good luck Canada!
    PC/EU DC
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »

Found this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skill_testing_question

Some info on what might be asked of our fellow Canadians! Other countries should do this kind of thing so that they too could enter sweepstakes.
    PC/EU DC
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    For all of the people complaining about not being able to participate, try being productive like taking up with our politicians instead of whining here. The issue isn't Zos rules but your regional laws. This is a great giveaway and I applaud Zos on this and thinking of their players

On another note, I've tried entering on IE and Firefox but the page won't load for me? Any ideas what may be causing that?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For all of the people complaining about not being able to participate, try being productive like taking up with our politicians instead of whining here. The issue isn't Zos rules but your regional laws. This is a great giveaway and I applaud Zos on this and thinking of their players

On another note, I've tried entering on IE and Firefox but the page won't load for me? Any ideas what may be causing that?

What version of IE and Firefox are you using? Also, make sure Javascript is enabled and turned on.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on October 6, 2016 5:36PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post