The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Video] Magicka Templar Outnumbered PvP - A Display of Magicka Templar "Balance"

LeifErickson
LeifErickson
✭✭✭✭✭
This is my first time playing magicka templar. I did not have all the passives I needed as I just started playing it. I hope you enjoy!

[video removed]

Let me just say that magicka templar with malubeth is completely insane and super easy to play. This video is not a display of skill, rather a display of how OP magicka templar can be. It took no time at all for me to learn the class and definitely needs to be looked at and adjusted. Hopefully seeing me only having to use jabs to heal while fighting zergs and take full ccs and live through them with a bunch of people on me can give you (and hopefully Zos) a perspective on how OP this spec is. Then again, we also ran into a group of black rose stamina builds and I couldn't figure out if we were the OP builds or if they were.

Make sure to watch the video all the way through to see the bonus clip at the end courtesy of @BurritoESO (Slow Loris).
[Edited to remove video for inappropriate content in the bonus clip]
Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on September 28, 2016 12:49PM
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sick music
    Templars 2 op
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a nerf magicka dk thread now
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »
    This is a nerf magicka dk thread now

And now its a nerf Magicka Sorc thread
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mistform contributed more to your survival than any Templar skills or Malubeth when you were facing players with decent alliance ranks. You were mowing throw the low alliance ranks though. At the beginning I think you killed a whole PvE guild or something judging by all of the low bars. Nice vid even though.
    Edited by timidobserver on September 28, 2016 2:20AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao, you weren't lying the ending is absolutely brilliant

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest, after watching your stamina pool through out the video, you could of easily been cc'd every 6 seconds and worn out. If someone was cc'ing you every 6 second's, the outcome might have been different.

There is a magicka nb at 7:30 that had the right idea. He came in, used Fear and left. Was just waiting immunity duration's and draining your stamina.

Your opponents were in the wrong in most of your video. Giving you the opportunity to get kills and grant stamina with repentance is bad for them. If you can't kill anyone, you don't have any stamina to continue the fight.

Magicka Increase Poisons would of worked wonders against you while using Mist Form too.

Magplars are defiantly good, borderline overpowered even but they can be brought down. Nightblade's are the same in the sense, if you let them cloak, its going to be very easy for them to pull off crazy feats.
    PS4 NA DC
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that ending...bahahaha :joy::+1:
    'Chaos
  • Ashnunn
    Ashnunn
    ✭✭✭
    Not enough insta proc sets were featured in this video

CP 561
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BurritoESO I find it suprising that you still hold on to this clip even though it was recorded months ago when I was spamming dizzying swing, wearing medium armor and still learning the class while you were holding block with malubeth.
    I still have the clip of our 1v1 a month later after I switched to DW and revamped my build. I remember you asked if you can keep malubeth on for our 1v1. I let you keep malubeth for our duel and still whooped your ass. Let me repeat myself...I beat you in a duel with flurry while you had malubeth on. Is this why you are praying to this one clip of me? Would you like me to post our 1v1? I will also give you a courtesy rematch since you seem like you are trying to prove something. Dont worry, Il let you keep malubeth on for our duel
    Edited by PrinceFabious on September 28, 2016 4:05AM
  • donJay
    donJay
    ✭✭✭
    2 low dmg malubethplar showing off how op the set is, not the class. I fight you guys all the time. Low dmg. and survivability only because of malubeth. Weaksauce tbh. Magplars are op and don't need the malubeth crutch. Whisper me if you need tips or how to up your dmg, one of your friends already did ;)
    Edited by donJay on September 28, 2016 4:29AM
    ANIMOSITY BEST GUILD NA + EU
    Former Los Pepes
    Former Nemesìs
    Former Dynamic
    Former Nexus

EP | Magplar l Argonian l don-Jay
    DC | Magden | High Elf | don-Bae

Magden Solo PvP Vid
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread will end well
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clearly it's the goblin costume that is OP, nothing else. Nerf goblins.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on September 28, 2016 6:17AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rly..a nerf templar thread because when there is several of them they're OP..
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saturday night I got sick of Elder Procs Online and logged on to my Templar. The group of 4 that killed me over and over on my Sorc were dealt with and the pug group that followed. Solo. I don't even use Malutard, I use 2 Engine Guardian, 5 Kagrenac and 5 Transmutation. God mode.
    PC EU
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

More than several, guy. Its most magplars on trueflame/haderus. Its sickening. @Wrobel. Nice balance.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    BRogueNZ wrote: »

More than several, guy. Its most magplars on trueflame/haderus. Its sickening. @Wrobel. Nice balance.

Magplars? Id be as bold as to say a team of stamplars (if you want to be class specific) would have made just as much of mess of most of those fights.. no cc, no defile, no focus targeting, no dawn breakers..

nothing personal OP, I just think you emphasising the cheese, your kinda blaming the class when its the players throwing fuel on their own fire.

Edited by BRogueNZ on September 28, 2016 8:19AM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a little tip, swap your ultimates round. You can block more damage when you have an Aedric Spear skill slotted on your shield bar.
    PC EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ending was pretty harsh. Didn't really find it amusing as others did, and hell, I've seen a stam sorc and DK take out whole groups of low ranked players together. Every class can be OP against the right players.
    BoL is pretty stupid though.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly every class/build is op vs bunch of pvp newbies and undergeared folks.

What truly op is multiple templars running same build and coordinated with voice comms. So, grouping is op. Nerf grouping!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BurritoESO I find it suprising that you still hold on to this clip even though it was recorded months ago when I was spamming dizzying swing, wearing medium armor and still learning the class while you were holding block with malubeth.
    I still have the clip of our 1v1 a month later after I switched to DW and revamped my build. I remember you asked if you can keep malubeth on for our 1v1. I let you keep malubeth for our duel and still whooped your ass. Let me repeat myself...I beat you in a duel with flurry while you had malubeth on. Is this why you are praying to this one clip of me? Would you like me to post our 1v1? I will also give you a courtesy rematch since you seem like you are trying to prove something. Dont worry, Il let you keep malubeth on for our duel

u mad?
    u sound mad
    'Chaos
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »

u mad?
    u sound mad
    Explain to me where in my post do I sound mad. I calmly explain the situation and even told him Id give him a courtesy rematch. Now, if you are here to talk smack..I am throwing out a duel invite in game. You are also allowed to use malubeth because I know players like you must rely on such cheese. If you decline the duel..then I just proved how unbothered I am by your "all talk no walk" mentality..as for Burrito, he lost the 1v1 while using malubeth, but we said gf and walked seperate ways which is why I didnt post the duel on the forums. But I guess I will get ready to upload
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    damn that looked like 1.5
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you: To combine a class with certain gear isn´t overpowered (just common sense wanting to achieve a good build), but the issue isn´t the templar class, but in this case the set you´re using. And Malubeth got nerfed last patch, it´s still strong but not OP. A lot of magicka builds run malubeth and the key is to drain their stamina out so they can´t cc. And when 100+ people attacking someone with malubeth at the same time and complaining why it procs so often, I´m like.....*sigh*
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this was beautiful <3

and as i mentioned in the pvp class rating thread...mTemp and procblades are by far at the top of the foodchain atm.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is my only response to your post. Ok, now I'm actually going to watch yours :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6p8-0dr1g&amp;feature=youtu.be
    Edited by JaJaLuka on September 28, 2016 12:39PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    What if I told you: To combine a class with certain gear isn´t overpowered (just common sense wanting to achieve a good build), but the issue isn´t the templar class, but in this case the set you´re using. And Malubeth got nerfed last patch, it´s still strong but not OP. A lot of magicka builds run malubeth and the key is to drain their stamina out so they can´t cc. And when 100+ people attacking someone with malubeth at the same time and complaining why it procs so often, I´m like.....*sigh*

Malubeth still procs 7k heal ticks. Its still over performing
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the good showcase of the opness of magplar! Nice music
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    This thread has been closed as we have removed the video from the first post. When posting videos please ensure that they adhere to our forum rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.