The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Craft bags is something you would see in a f2p business model!!

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
While its not directly f2p its becoming more and more essential to have with all the new mats and sets in the game.

Its also simmilar to things i see in other f2p business models, where they annoy you so much that you have to subscribe.

Those who don't sub still pay money for dlc and cosmetics so its stupid to assume that only sibscribers deserve craft bags.

If it were available in crown store purchase for 5k crown i would buy it, i already bought the dlc and subbing wouldn't help me with anything except the craft bags, so its a waste of money for me to sub.

ZOS please consider a one time purchase for craft bags on crown store, the way things are going im going to have to sell imprtant gear and mats just to empty up space and will probably get fed up and quit

EDIT: changed p2w to f2p cause thats what i originally meant
Edited by Bigevilpeter on September 17, 2016 1:52PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought these threads died?
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have moved this discussion to: Crown Store & ESO Plus
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a what deranged way is a craft bag P2W? Please explain in detail.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

They will keep coming back the longer the game goes, because they become more of a must over time
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, from the perspective of having one account with the bag and one without it. It's no more essential to have a crafting bag now than it ever was. You simply don't need to hoard every single set or material in the game, but if you choose to do so there are now 12 character slots and 5 guild banks whose inventories you can access in addition to the full complement of bank slots on the account. I'd personally have no problem with the bank slots being increased from time to time, but there is no reason to change the whole basis on which crafting bags were introduced.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they pop up every other weeks or so...

looks like this guy is asking for the game to go pay to win.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vipstaakki wrote: »
    In a what deranged way is a craft bag P2W? Please explain in detail.

Read the OP has all the details you need

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    We have moved this discussion to: Crown Store & ESO Plus

Thank you.

They will keep coming back the longer the game goes, because they become more of a must over time

You're going to need a sleeping bag. This subject gas been extensively, some would say exhaustively examined.

ESO plus needs a reason to draw you in that isn't required to play the game (or even impact anything other than convenience).

Edited by DocFrost72 on September 17, 2016 1:31PM
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bigevilpeter That's not right.

Here let me show you something you would see in P2W business model

- Quest locked with cash shop item, TL;DR you need to buy item from cash shop to proceed the quests http://twinsaga.aeriagames.com/itemmall/Webshop/Quest+Items
    - Let alone Crafting Bag, in P2Win business model you would need to spend real money to even upgrade your bank/inventory slot which in ESO you can do that with in-game Gold.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should have nothing about a crafting bag is p2w, just someone wanting something for nothing most likely.

This game so far has been really good about keeping p2w out of the store, that's not to say at some point that might change but there are so many different opinions on what p2w is it varies as mush as the players.
    So far nothing in the store to give me an advantage over other players or make me god like on the battlefield. But some folks can twist the most simple things into things they are not. :neutral:
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on September 17, 2016 1:41PM
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

- Quest locked with cash shop item, TL;DR you need to buy item from cash shop to proceed the quests http://twinsaga.aeriagames.com/itemmall/Webshop/Quest+Items
    - Let alone Crafting Bag, in P2Win business model you would need to spend real money to even upgrade your bank/inventory slot which in ESO you can do that with in-game Gold.

Aren't dlc quests locked behind a paywall and you get by subbing?

Don't you have a limit for upgrading you bank and you can never get to the point of the craft bags?

Even by your explanation thats p2w the way i see it

• DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't you have a limit for upgrading you bank and you can never get to the point of the craft bags?

If inventory size was a measure of winning, you'd be right. It's not, however. And unfortunately for you, this does not in any way constitute pay to win.

Two equal players, one with the craft bags and one without, will still be equal. You feel inconvenienced by something you've dealt with for years, once you saw a shiny. I'd be very much on your side if they reduced bag size and made the old bag size for paying customers only, but news flash: that did not happen.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If inventory size was a measure of winning, you'd be right. It's not, however. And unfortunately for you, this does not in any way constitute pay to win.

Two equal players, one with the craft bags and one without, will still be equal. You feel inconvenienced by something you've dealt with for years, once you saw a shiny. I'd be very much on your side if they reduced bag size and made the old bag size for paying customers only, but news flash: that did not happen.

Its p2w that i have to sell gear that i might need in the future to empty up space, its p2w that i have to sell my runes, food abd alchemy ingredients to open up space.

Its p2w that it annoys you so much that you have to sub.

maybe p2w was a bad description f2p is better i guess
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Its p2w that i have to sell gear that i might need in the future to empty up space, its p2w that i have to sell my runes, food abd alchemy ingredients to open up space.

Trust me, go ahead and make your life easier; get a guild bank. Use mules on seperate characters. (For 2400 gold, you get 80 slots to store stuffs). None of the green and white quality gear you pick up in most instances is even comparable to crafted set gear.

You, in my opinion at least, are fighting a losing battle calling craft bags pay to win.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You feel inconvenienced by something you've dealt with for years, once you saw a shiny.

I agree that the crafting bag is not P2W, but I disagree with your statement above. There are FAR MORE different sets pieces and ingredients now than there used to be even 6 months ago. The bank/bag space available in game regardless of sub has not changed. That's a very stealthy but conscious way from ZOS to push/force people towards subbing. I sub myself so I don't really care but I reckon it would be fair from ZOS to add some extra bag space, like 20 slots.

• Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really? Do you just argue for the sake of arguing?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You feel inconvenienced by something you've dealt with for years, once you saw a shiny.

I agree that the crafting bag is not P2W, but I disagree with your statement above. There are FAR MORE different sets pieces and ingredients now than there used to be even 6 months ago. The bank/bag space available in game regardless of sub has not changed. That's a very stealthy but conscious way from ZOS to push/force people towards subbing. I sub myself so I don't really care but I reckon it would be fair from ZOS to add some extra bag space, like 20 slots.

It has changed quite significantly in so far as there are now 4 more mule slots. I am in favour of periodic increases in the bank slots, however. I would much prefer if they were added as personal character bank slots so that there was an opportunity to keep some items personal to each character rather than everything being shared.

Bear in mind also that we have housing coming in the first quarter of next year, and I would be very surprised (and even more disappointed) if some sort of storage space wasn't included in that.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ needed something to make it worth resubbing each month for, and they nailed it with crafting bags. If you could buy it, then ESO+ would become useless again. Keep it the way it is.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    It has changed quite significantly in so far as there are now 4 more mule slots. I am in favour of periodic increases in the bank slots, however. I would much prefer if they were added as personal character bank slots so that there was an opportunity to keep some items personal to each character rather than everything being shared.

Bear in mind also that we have housing coming in the first quarter of next year, and I would be very surprised (and even more disappointed) if some sort of storage space wasn't included in that.

The four extra char slots are a crown store option, not an in game option... if people have to either sub or spend crowns to enjoy the game normally, due to the multiplication of style items, crafting mats, etc., that's not really fair from ZOS imho. Not a dealbreaking thing, but still not 100% fair.

And yes HOUSING... may the ZOS' highest authorities hear you, I hope there will be storage in the houses. But again, we know nothing yet about housing, it might just as well be a pure crown store purchase option... I hope to be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if even subscribers had to spend crowns to access housing :-(

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITT: OP doesn't understand what P2W means.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it were available in crown store purchase for 5k crown i would buy it, i already bought the dlc and subbing wouldn't help me with anything except the craft bags, so its a waste of money for me to sub.

So would many if not most subscribers and where would the game be then? Fact is, it is far cheaper to just buy the DLCs with crowns than to subscribe.

The four extra char slots are a crown store option, not an in game option... if people have to either sub or spend crowns to enjoy the game normally, due to the multiplication of style items, crafting mats, etc., that's not really fair from ZOS imho. Not a dealbreaking thing, but still not 100% fair.

So the bags should just be given free to everyone? How exactly do you propose the game continue making enough money to pay all its employees, keep all the hardware up and running, continue to improve the game, AND make a profit if they give practically everything away for free?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyena wrote: »
    So the bags should just be given free to everyone? How exactly do you propose the game continue making enough money to pay all its employees, keep all the hardware up and running, continue to improve the game, AND make a profit if they give practically everything away for free?

I didn't say the bags should be given to everyone, let alone for free. I was merely suggesting that the bank/bag expansions that you can buy ingame for gold be expanded for about 20 slots given the increase of collectible items.

Besides, I was just pointing out something with regards to "fairness". ZOS financial balance is a different topic altogether, about which we have not enough info to say anything even remotely relevant.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yes HOUSING... may the ZOS' highest authorities hear you, I hope there will be storage in the houses. But again, we know nothing yet about housing, it might just as well be a pure crown store purchase option... I hope to be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if even subscribers had to spend crowns to access housing :-(

I was merely correcting you when you said nothing had changed. I hadn't realised you wanted it all for nothing. That seems an unreasonable approach, not least in a topic the very basis of which is the OP's belief that the crafting bag should be made available in the Crown Store.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was merely correcting you when you said nothing had changed. I hadn't realised you wanted it all for nothing. That seems an unreasonable approach, not least in a topic the very basis of which is the OP's belief that the crafting bag should be made available in the Crown Store.

I don't want it "all for nothing". But I do believe that the crown store should offer optional stuff only. If the ratio between harvestable stuff in game and inventory space is changing so drastically that extra character slots are compulsory for the game to be playable, I don't think that's fair. As a matter of principle.
    The base game "buy to play" option should be playable with a reasonable level of comfort and subbing or crown store stuff should simply provide you with more options or convenience. At the moment I don't think the base game provides that reasonable level of playability because of those inventory issues.

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have crafting bags and still have inventory issues. It's the "got to save everything mentality". It's not the game's problem or the developer's problem. It's the players own choices.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I have crafting bags and still have inventory issues. It's the "got to save everything mentality". It's not the game's problem or the developer's problem. It's the players own choices.

Remove BoP would help me,I could.move stuff to another acct.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To a certain extent, yes. But it's also the game's design. For instance, in One Tamriel, you won't be able to farm lower level crafting materials as you need them. You'll get them when doing crafting writs and you will have to hoard them somewhere, taking up inventory slots or bank space. Of course you won't feel a thing if you have a crafting bag :-) . But for those who don't, that is yet another burden to carry.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope.

Dlc quests are locked behind the dlc; you can sub and get access as long as you're subbed.

You can buy crowns, buy the dlc, and get access for as long as the game is active.

The whole game was locked behind a paywall; you had to buy the game. The dlc works the same.

The 4 extra slots are nice. However they aren't a necessity. I have two maxed out crafters. One used to carry all the mats needed to craft armor and weapons for the three of the 5 guilds I belong to. Some crafting items were held in my bank. The other maxed crafter held all the alchemy, ingredients for food, and runes for enchanting. I kept rekuta, and kuta in the bank, along with the purple provisioner mats. Everything else was on the characters. I use the other 6 original characters to collect stuff and hold it until one of my crafters needed it. I used the crowns I got with my sub to buy the dlc so if and when I decide to drop the sub I still have the dlc. The crafting bag is a nice perk for a sub, but it isn't pay to win.

Until you can smother Molag Bal with all the ore, ingots, flowers, meat, flour, wood, jute, flax, hide, kreshweed and all the other mats you carry, or whack him over the head with the crafting bag for a instant kill, the crafting bag isn't pay to win.

Or better yet, walk into vet maelstrom arena, hold up the crafting bag to take out every opponent, and instantly become champion and get all the rewards. Now *that* would be pay to win.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

To a certain extent, yes. But it's also the game's design. For instance, in One Tamriel, you won't be able to farm lower level crafting materials as you need them. You'll get them when doing crafting writs and you will have to hoard them somewhere, taking up inventory slots or bank space. Of course you won't feel a thing if you have a crafting bag :-) . But for those who don't, that is yet another burden to carry.

As you level up your crafting skills and your character, you'll not need the lower level mats. Just talk to STEVIL about it. You get lower level mats for doing writs, in addition to whatever is appropriate level. I tried it on the pts; did ruby level writs and got a crate of regular hide.

Those people who are crafters for guilds with many members at many different levels might have issues with not being able to find lower level mats, but apparently they come in crates of 25, so one inventory slot.
    Edited by JKorr on September 18, 2016 1:29PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    As you level up your crafting skills and your character, you'll not need the lower level mats. Just talk to STEVIL about it. You get lower level mats for doing writs, in addition to whatever is appropriate level. I tried it on the pts; did ruby level writs and got a crate of regular hide.

Those people who are crafters for guilds with many members at many different levels might have issues with not being able to find lower level mats, but apparently they come in crates of 25, so one inventory slot.

I know all this.
    But if you want to craft for OTHER PEOPLE you'll rely on those mats you get from writs and you'll have to keep them over time. Of course it's not one slot, that's 50 slots (if you want to have everything OTHER PEOPLE would need).

5 crafts (wood, leather, cloth, metal, alchemy) x 10 levels = 50 slots.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 18, 2016 1:57PM