Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah...for those of you whom didn't get a chance to read this - here's some scripture on being a good pvp player:
    Autolycus wrote: »
    "a player who knows their own build and character so well that, in the midst of combat, they are focusing exclusively on what their opponent(s) is (are) doing, and reacting instinctively, rather than thinking about what they should do next."

i'm printing that out and attaching it to my controller :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We have edited several posts on this thread.
    Please remember to keep all conversation appropriate for the forums.
    Keeping the Community Guidelines in mind whilst posting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_PeterT gotcha - I'll leave the IC DC merchant alone...hard to imagine whomever named and coded him didn't have it in mind also o:)

actually, thinking about it - i may have been the only player in eso who saw any humor at all in it (50 going on 15 :D )...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 20, 2016 11:33PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, playing DC, just ran in to a really good tight group of AD outside of Chalman farm...they baited and dominated us for awhile...killed me three times- the first kinda caught me by surprise, the last two I actually got ran down (suspiciously enough - i seemed to keep losing all my resources...hmmmmm, poison anyone)...

really nice work...at the end - that same big red Zerg swallowed me up inside the tower...

oh yeah, whoever was inside roebuck (AD - 8ish pst) tonight, nice defense - i really liked that aggressive defense strategy...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 21, 2016 3:37AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    wow, playing DC, just ran in to a really good tight group of AD outside of Chalman farm...they baited and dominated us for awhile...killed me three times- the first kinda caught me by surprise, the last two I actually got ran down (suspiciously enough - i seemed to keep losing all my resources...hmmmmm, poison anyone)...

really nice work...at the end - that same big red Zerg swallowed me up inside the tower...

oh yeah, whoever was inside roebuck (AD - 8ish pst) tonight, nice defense - i really liked that aggressive defense strategy...

Might of been the same group of AD farming Arrius LM last night. I sat there and watched them farm a boat load of reds and the blues that showed up. It was a great show.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might of been the same group of AD farming Arrius LM last night. I sat there and watched them farm a boat load of reds and the blues that showed up. It was a great show.

they had set up to the east of chalman farm, and used the elevated terrain there very well...when I first saw them, I only saw one or two players, so myself and another 4 or 5 players went after them - the next thing I knew there were another 6 or so whom just mowed me down...their individual players were very strong, but, it was their group play that was so impressive - i was definitely woefully unprepared to run in to that group :(

even more interesting though was the AD defense of roebuck that I saw...normally most groups inside a keep will "turtle" up when attacked...not these folks - they kept coming out to try and wipe us (almost did it once or twice)...after we breached the wall (lumber mill side) - it was impossible for us to get in (cold fire ballista, firepots, meatballs, flaming oil - you name it and they had it on the breach)...after a while a second breach was opened about 30 meters away - as soon as the breach opened about 15 to 25 (it's tough to count when you're dodging cold fires and poison arrows) AD came running out...totally unexpected (in my head, i could totally hear them screaming as they rushed out) freaked me out a bit - fortunately there were some more composed DC players there...

when we got inside, same thing - instead of running inside the keep, they fought us on the walls and keep grounds...

love seeing different stuff :p
    Edited by geonsocal on September 21, 2016 6:49PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They intentionally do that to farm people who don't know better. I have seen a group of blue like that at BRK LM when Yellow owned it. I did /sitchair and just watched them farm. One blue approached me in a goblin costume and started tea baggging in front of me. I LOL'ed irl and made my guy laugh in game. Then the blue had to quickly re join his group since more yellow pugs were heading to the LM.

It's hilarious to watch. Next time you see them farm put yourself at a respectable distance from them and just watch them farm. Their coordination is really good and you can get an idea of how they do it so well by just watching and leaving them alone.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very cool - you pulled up a chair and watched the show :)

it's nice to get to the point of the game when you're not just focused on staying alive or getting AP, but, can appreciate watching different/interesting tactics from other players and groups...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do Cyrodil often, but few weeks ago I joined up with PUG taking keeps. It appears there are strategies I was unaware of; and not just combat. Some of these guys wanted to run down those filthy reds taking the elder scroll, but the group leader was persistent about taking keeps. The server was almost completely red. Who knows what Bananna squad is doing. By the time we got to the next keep the last one was under siege again.
    So the PUG leader says the cherries are making a pull for emperor. I had no idea that's how they did it. This keep taking thing can go on for hours on to the next.
    Not for me though. I don't enjoy the PvP thing so much. I left to go run trials.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While watching, I had a red come up with an smack me with Viper Sting/SA then immediately stopped when they noticed I wasn't there to fight everyone. She excused herself, and then I continued watching til reds ruined the fun.

Yeah, not everyone is out there to cut your head off. People like that red have a brain, and they can make judgement calls as to who to off and who to chill out with.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 22, 2016 5:19PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a chance to play one of my EP characters (nord magplar) last night...

since i've started this journal i've been trying to focus on some of the differences between playing in the different alliances...

it feels like when I play EP that I gain AP at a faster rate (?), it also seems that players stay together a little better - idk...

one thing I did learn for sure was it's awfully annoying getting killed by a player with the same class as your own...twice, in fairly quick succession some stoner (literally that's their id) waxed me twice...to add insult to injury they used radiant oppression on me - it just so happens, that one of my magplar's favorite moves (javelin being my all time fave)...

some stoner was a really aggressive player and all over the place fighting outside the keep - i actually went up on the wall and deployed my cold fire ballista in the hope I could get a lucky shot in and get in a revenge kill (beating them 1v1 definitely wasn't gonna happen)...no luck with that..

I'm keeping an eye out for you mister/miss stoner (if for no other reason then I can easily remember your ID :p)...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 22, 2016 9:19PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I don't do Cyrodil often, but few weeks ago I joined up with PUG taking keeps. It appears there are strategies I was unaware of; and not just combat. Some of these guys wanted to run down those filthy reds taking the elder scroll, but the group leader was persistent about taking keeps. The server was almost completely red. Who knows what Bananna squad is doing. By the time we got to the next keep the last one was under siege again.
    So the PUG leader says the cherries are making a pull for emperor. I had no idea that's how they did it. This keep taking thing can go on for hours on to the next.
    Not for me though. I don't enjoy the PvP thing so much. I left to go run trials.

totally understand...after a day at work - i'm not too keen on having someone bark orders at me, plus, my priorities and interests may not coincide with everyone elses...

if you ever get the itch again - come back to scourge and do some solo play...it's easy to shadow other groups, and, when in doubt as to where to go next - the outposts are normally pretty active...your instincts were correct - it's always right to fight for your scrolls (rp wise, plus they add some nice buffs)...

I actually have a lot of fun defending keeps and outposts - which doesn't really require you to group...maybe try to focus on your bounty (luv em)...

basically, try to focus on what you want to do...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played StamSorc seriously last night in Haderus.

Yeah that stuff is fun. I don't have Dawnbreaker, but popin' off Negates on Reds was hilarious to watch at Alessia Mine. A group of 8 where scared of my negate as 4-5 AD where approaching them LOL.

They got into Alessia via front door. They proceeded to then bang down the inner door down. I stood alone at the doors mouth and just shot Venom Arrows at reds casting anything while AD dumped oil ontop of them. 10 min later, they try to approach the door and then negate it. I pop a negate on their negate then they get pushed out.

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 23, 2016 1:40PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you had fun :) ...I'm learning with the forums too not take a lot of the build advice too seriously...so much depends on a person's specific build and their playstyle...

case in point: Negate...it gets killed on the forums - sounds though like you were having a pretty good time with it...

I really like the part about popping negate on their negate...I like it when someone hits you with a move- and, you just happen to have the same thing slotted...hmmmmm, a sorcerer using a bow - very interesting...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 23, 2016 5:19PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you can't copy pasta builds.

A build for your toon is as personal as your relationship with your toon. If you care about the character and want him to be a specific role, then do just that.

The funniest part of the game is making the character and figuring out what he/she is going to be. And half the time, what you expect they might end up being, doesn't always work out. The fun part is figuring out how to get what you're looking for out of the character. Sometimes you get surprised.

Negate is a great ulity tool, it costs like 192 ult meter to put down, but I can't tell you how many times the reds and blues where slowly backing away from it. The psychology it brings to large scale fights it's great.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, you know it's a rough night when you're still shooting your siege weapon on the outside wall when the flag on the keep gets turned...

playin a DC NB (NB should really stand for noob tonight), things just ain't going so well...days like this make me wish I was playing my stamplar :#
    Edited by geonsocal on September 26, 2016 6:09AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one cool thing from last night's gameplay - i was in a group and for whatever crazy reason decided to mic up, turned out to be pretty cool, I ended up running with a level 40 magsorc...

just running into a magsorc is rare enough, but, this player was actually playing with pets - haven't seen that for awhile...

it was cool to watch them play - definitely a boss getting right up to the front of the group (anyone who goes to battle in a bathrobe earns my respect)...

also had a chance to kick my first person from a group...group leader left and I got stuck - took me a minute to figure it out, but, promptly booted someone whom had their mic on with the TV blaring in the background...

always amazes me people whom play their music or TV in the background while grouped with a bunch of strangers...

where in the heck where all the reds last night...I have a sneaky suspicion that more and more players are heading over to haderus - hmmmmm...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 26, 2016 9:40PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to run with a top guild on EP for a year.
    I got tired of hearing all the smack about the players in the other factions and in-fighting and arguments without any factual evidence, so I decided to see what it's like to be in DC and AD.
    I wanted to see the home bases of all factions.
    I didn't find any difference in any faction. Everyone accuses the other side of alliances, but it's all coincidental.
    Whoever is the leader in the campaign will get pushed by the other two factions.
    Whoever has the low population will get pushed to their gates by the other two factions.
    I like defending keeps and do not DPS by any means. I get killed a lot so I heal and support.
    I'll play for the underdog in the campaign.
    I don't spy and steal scrolls.
    I watch from afar when I see farming.
    I have 8 characters in different factions in different campaigns and enjoy the variety.
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on September 27, 2016 5:31PM
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhxOldGamer68 ...thanks for sharing - i really like hearing the impressions of others regarding the alliance war...I'm pretty much with you - the different alliances and players seem the same to me...

you seem like the perfect person to ask something I was wondering about - i have 6 characters - do you have any pattern for which characters you play...I'm finding that whichever character I play after playing my templar or dk is super hard (it seems like my magsorc and NB's take longer to get in a good rhythym)...i'm trying to come up with some kind of system for character rotation...

got another one for ya :) ...a little off thread but, i see the old gamer tag and I was just wondering if this is your first mmo?
    Edited by geonsocal on September 27, 2016 7:20PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's always fun to see how everyone reacts prior to the server being taken down for maintenance- total disregard for caution or stealth...everyone running around looking for a final dance partner :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played EP last night and had.a total blast...always feels like you're running in a big red locust Zerg that's just devouring everything around you...

playing DC today and just had to respawn at Southern high rock gate - cuz, we own 0 keeps at the moment - not such a great feeling...

please tell me - how in the world is it possible that EP never wins any of these campaigns here in Scourge...I just don't get it...it sure seems that when they want to, some of the larger EP pvp guilds could dominate this campaign...

oh well, it's always a challenge to try to win back your keeps and both of your scrolls...

Edit: ya know - it's actually not that bad a fight, other than having to suffer the indignation of being pvdoor'd early (we have rayles back now), it's really pretty fun...I've never really fought that much around rayles and Warden so I'm enjoying the new terrain, plus- there's no shortage of AP running at me :p
    Edited by geonsocal on October 1, 2016 6:20PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saw a bunch of non-vets out there playing this weekend...for those of you brave ( :# ) enough to bring your lower leveled characters in to scourge - kudos to ya...

they're actually really durable thanks to the combat leveling system - of course they can barely kill a baby gaur out there, but, it's always fun to mix it up with the non-vet characters, and, interesting to watch every enemy player target them (option 1 - find a low health target, option 2 - find someone whom's not cp531)...

from what I've noticed - the squishiest folks are the vet players with less than 200 cp...

PS...thanks for the maintenance zos - i can actually go get a decent night's sleep :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 3, 2016 6:23AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

from what I've noticed - the squishiest folks are the vet players with less than 200 cp...

This is because a lot of these players under level 50 are probably already maxed out on CPs and possibly just playing an alt. I rarely see any real "low level" players in scourge. And I agree, thanks to this maintenance I won't be going to work tired as hell lol. Too bad though I was just starting to have fun :/
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

Sorry, I've been off the forum lately. Yes, this is my first MMO. Destiny was close, but my reflexes are too slow in Crucible so I don't bother with Iron Banner. I still play Destiny with co-workers to run quests, strikes and raids.

I primarily play my alts that use staves and bows. I fight from afar and in the back. I don't play my DPS alts very much because they are squishy. Therefore, I do not find it difficult to switch. I have my buttons programmed the same for each alt - R1 first far away strike, L1 close range hit...

As far as rotation, I play based on who's the underdog in a campaign. Last night I played exclusively BWB on both AD and DC. DC is in last place so I helped try and push AD. And then I switched to AD to help push EP back since EP is in first place for the first time in months.

I remember the 1st time EP won Azura before it became Scourge. Everyone stayed up playing the last 48 hours to make sure we didn't lose the lead. And now EP is about to win Scourge for the 1st time. Good times.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, it's great to see the Japanese players on the servers. Can't miss them and their names, mostly when they are in a group together. I had Spanish players join our group one time, which was ok since one of them translated for the rest.

I like the International flare of this game. I started a new alt on the EUR server to see what it's like. Funny how you start out in Bleakrock for EP instead of Davon's Watch. Can't wait to get to LVL 10 and play Cyrodiil.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never tried destiny, I had tried halo - but, all the bouncing around kinda disoriented me...did play some COD online - but, having to stare so intensely at the screen with all the rapid movements burns out my eyes within about an hour of playing...

so, this is my 1st real mmo...I've tried slotting all my similar abilities (shields, heals, ranged attacks, melee) in about the same spots on the controller...for whatever reason though - i just couldn't find a good spot for my magsorc's streak ability..I kept streaking myself right off the tops of keeps all the time :) ...finally had to stop using it...

I've started to learn that if I'm going to play two different characters in the same day, best to pair my NB and sorcerer together...whomever I play after my stamplar (up front and in center during battles) always suffers and dies a bunch...

that's cool you fight for the underdog - i big benefit of that is you normally don't have to go looking for a fight, there's usually one headed in your direction...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your comments about the international players made me smile...I haven't had the luck to play with many folks from other countries (at least not that over been aware of)...I've been around our country a bit, so, it would be really cool to mic up with some folks from abroad...

I always wonder how they must view us "crazy" americans (David Bowie's: I'm afraid of Americans always come to mind though)...

since i've been in Scourge (about 4 to 5 months or so) DC has been winning all the campaigns...it would be nice to see another alliance take that spot for a change..
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I started my 7th character in Scourge last night (3rd DC character)...at this point I must've killed or been killed by just about every other single player at some point...

of interesting note...when I got my first AP my rank was 5,150...

he's fresh off the boat (level 10, stam DK Imperial)...it was funny, at one point I actually got jumped by two low cp level vets - i turned ww, but, unfortunately I don't have enough skill points yet to buy and slot roar, so I wasn't able to give myself time for reinforcements to show up - oh, I'll get that fixed soon...

I'm gonna bring him into IC when I play him again to go collect the skyshards (easiest group of 6 skyshards to obtain) and go hang out in the Arena district to see how other players react (some will ignore, others will just see fresh meat)...

I'll park my other 2 DC characters in IC, just in case I need to pay someone back >:) ...yeah I know, kinda petty, but, still fun...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 6, 2016 9:43PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll park my other 2 DC characters in IC, just in case I need to pay someone back >:) ...yeah I know, kinda petty, but, still fun...
    Reminds me of when I was leveling a new character in BWB last year, a lowly lvl 11 with one weapon, doing quests in the town between Farragut & BRK. Got two-shotted by a level 40 AD who was stealthed up by the quest-giver. Returned 15 minutes later on my own lvl 40 nightblade, waited for the AD player to come out of stealth to kill the next unsuspecting player, and I took care of him. Yes, I smiled afterwards.

BTW that was me (ASFDJ) waving at you on the stairs inside Alessia last night while you were on your EP character.

PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Reminds me of when I was leveling a new character in BWB last year, a lowly lvl 11 with one weapon, doing quests in the town between Farragut & BRK. Got two-shotted by a level 40 AD who was stealthed up by the quest-giver. Returned 15 minutes later on my own lvl 40 nightblade, waited for the AD player to come out of stealth to kill the next unsuspecting player, and I took care of him. Yes, I smiled afterwards.

BTW that was me (ASFDJ) waving at you on the stairs inside Alessia last night while you were on your EP character.

That's flippin awesome...sure it's just a game- but, seeing how it's a game that involves others - part of that game is getting even with folks :)

good looking out on saying hello...I'll keep an eye out for ya...