The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about healer gear PVE

Lightninvash
Lightninvash
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now I am running engine guardian set as my monster set(the shoulders need replacing to light set but other than that its ok). I run 5 pc seducer and am working on getting it all enchanted with prismatic enchantments. I have 2 pieces gold rest is purple. The pieces without prismatic enchantments have basic trash enchants on them for now. I run dual swords as torug's pact and a willpower resto staff. My jewelery is also willpower. I run 5-1-1( 5light, 1 med, 1 heavy)

That being said what kind of resto staff should I get? I had previously used my helm and shoulders as torug's for 4pc bonus on that bar. Should I swap out my swords for another set? Lastly, with Seducer I rarely run out of magicka but would there be a better set that would help me out more than seducer?

I am trying to dps and heal. Is my setup decant or how should I tweak it for better results? I don't seem to have too much of an issue staying alive or managing resources but my spell power and max magicka is lacking. I also don't know what mundus to run I normally have thief up for crit rate.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deltia came up with a very useful build. Check it here The Battery

Of course, you don't need to follow every aspect of it, but its a good startup
    Edited by Milvan on August 29, 2016 3:36PM
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/285808/is-warlock-lich-still-the-best-for-pve-healer/p1

The thread I linked has some gearing information that is valid for trials. @code65536 and @Nifty2g has some good infor in their posts.

For regular 4 man content needs are not quite the same.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not a Templar, you can look into Healer's Habit, but as a Templar you get Major Mending by laying down Ritual of Retribution or Channeled Focus.

If the resto staff is going to be a 1-piece, a Master's Restoration staff (from DSA) would make your Stam DPS really love you.

If you are not running out of resources, then Engine Guardian is overkill. Have you thought about 1-piece Kena, for example? For extra Spell Damage (which increases your healing done).
    The Moot Councillor
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 4-man content, you can run just about any magicka gear setup, and do fine. I personally run 5 Seducer, 3/4 Magnus, and 3 Willpower, but viable non-support armor includes the Lich Set, Kagrenec's Hope, Julianos, and other sets. These gear setups will even work for normal trials perfectly fine.

Ideally, you'll run either a Maestrom Resto Staff or a Master Resto Staff (depending on which one you have)

However, if you want to get into veteran trials and stuff like that, I'd say it's very important that you get a set of Spell Power Cure and another Support set, in addition to a Destruction Staff instead of Dual Wield (unless you coordinate with your other healer and get it all worked out so he runs the destro spells). Also, in trials, you are much less likely to add in DPS because you're healing a ton. So, 4-man != trials.

If you're anything like me, you'll have a hard time finding a competent group to farm SPC with, but it's very important to have that for vet trials.

But for normal trials and dungeons, you'll do perfectly fine with a Seducer setup.

Let me give you an idea of my bars for dungeons and trials.
    Due to my lack of proper trial gear, I run with 5 Seducer, 3 Willpower, and 3/4 Magnus

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to trials; I take everything that the group needs (probably to 'make up' for my lack of proper gear lol)
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Joysheeped
    Joysheeped
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    SPC+Worm
    SPC+Gossamer
    SPC+Twlight
    SPC+Infallible

Which one you use depends on your group composition. If someone else in the group is running Worm and Infallible (and 5p Infallible is quite popular with magsorc and magdk DDs these days), use either Gossamer or Twilight. If your group is very stamina-heavy, don't use Worm. Adapt based on what the situation calls for.

But always run 5p SPC. Even if you only have it in trash Prosperous traits, you should always run it as the healer.

This is probably the goal you want to work on for trials at the moment because SPC is actually an OK DPS set seeing you want to both DPS and heal. However, for 4-man dungeons I would say you mostly just need SPC+Worm and SPC+Infallible. As for restoration staff your ultimate choice would be either Master Restoration Staff or Maelstrom Restoration Staff because the former gives stamina DPS and tank stamina and the later gives yourself better magicka regeneration (if you use Regeneration). As for mundus it really depends on you because SPC and Infallible both give no magicka regeneration at all. If you still don't have any sustain issue than go for thief; otherwise go regen mundus.

Also,

1) don't use any prismatic enchantment on a healer/ DPS, go for pure maximum magicka enchantments only;
    2) use spell damage enchants on your Willpower jewelries if you have no sustain issue, any extra regen in PVE is a waste.

However, if you still want more magicka and spell damage before getting those sets, then some nice setups in my opinion are:
    3*Willpower + 3*Worm+ 5*Seducer/ Magnus/ Kagrenac's Hope/ Julianos
    with Seducer giving the most regen and Julianos giving the most DPS.
    Khajiit Magicka NB :O
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

I will def check this out after work.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/285808/is-warlock-lich-still-the-best-for-pve-healer/p1

The thread I linked has some gearing information that is valid for trials. @code65536 and @Nifty2g has some good infor in their posts.

This sill be good info to look at I eventually want to run trials and knowing what works would be great.
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    If you are not a Templar, you can look into Healer's Habit, but as a Templar you get Major Mending by laying down Ritual of Retribution or Channeled Focus.

If the resto staff is going to be a 1-piece, a Master's Restoration staff (from DSA) would make your Stam DPS really love you.

If you are not running out of resources, then Engine Guardian is overkill. Have you thought about 1-piece Kena, for example? For extra Spell Damage (which increases your healing done).

sorry should have mentioned I am a Templar. I want to get into doing maelstrom arena I haven't attempted it yet as I feel like I am just an average player. Though other players I have grouped with lately have told me that I am pretty good. I like engine guardian because of the possibility of stam and hp regen for more dodge rolls or break free. It can be a life saver in dungeons like VCOA when I run out of stam to break free on last boss while being melted by lava. or something. I had thought about the kena for spell damage but what would I do for shoulders? do the 2pc set? @AlnilamE
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 4-man content, you can run just about any magicka gear setup, and do fine. I personally run 5 Seducer, 3/4 Magnus, and 3 Willpower, but viable non-support armor includes the Lich Set, Kagrenec's Hope, Julianos, and other sets. These gear setups will even work for normal trials perfectly fine.

Ideally, you'll run either a Maestrom Resto Staff or a Master Resto Staff (depending on which one you have)

However, if you want to get into veteran trials and stuff like that, I'd say it's very important that you get a set of Spell Power Cure and another Support set, in addition to a Destruction Staff instead of Dual Wield (unless you coordinate with your other healer and get it all worked out so he runs the destro spells). Also, in trials, you are much less likely to add in DPS because you're healing a ton. So, 4-man != trials.

If you're anything like me, you'll have a hard time finding a competent group to farm SPC with, but it's very important to have that for vet trials.

But for normal trials and dungeons, you'll do perfectly fine with a Seducer setup.

Due to my lack of proper trial gear, I run with 5 Seducer, 3 Willpower, and 3/4 Magnus

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

I'm kind of a control freak when it comes to trials; I take everything that the group needs (probably to 'make up' for my lack of proper gear lol)

so for trials you think I should drop my dw. I was told having Dw was amazing for a few reasons like gaining back stam for rolls and break frees etc. also for more spell dmg for higher heals.
    Joysheeped wrote: »
    SPC+Worm
    SPC+Gossamer
    SPC+Twlight
    SPC+Infallible

Which one you use depends on your group composition. If someone else in the group is running Worm and Infallible (and 5p Infallible is quite popular with magsorc and magdk DDs these days), use either Gossamer or Twilight. If your group is very stamina-heavy, don't use Worm. Adapt based on what the situation calls for.

But always run 5p SPC. Even if you only have it in trash Prosperous traits, you should always run it as the healer.

This is probably the goal you want to work on for trials at the moment because SPC is actually an OK DPS set seeing you want to both DPS and heal. However, for 4-man dungeons I would say you mostly just need SPC+Worm and SPC+Infallible. As for restoration staff your ultimate choice would be either Master Restoration Staff or Maelstrom Restoration Staff because the former gives stamina DPS and tank stamina and the later gives yourself better magicka regeneration (if you use Regeneration). As for mundus it really depends on you because SPC and Infallible both give no magicka regeneration at all. If you still don't have any sustain issue than go for thief; otherwise go regen mundus.

Also,

1) don't use any prismatic enchantment on a healer/ DPS, go for pure maximum magicka enchantments only;
    2) use spell damage enchants on your Willpower jewelries if you have no sustain issue, any extra regen in PVE is a waste.

However, if you still want more magicka and spell damage before getting those sets, then some nice setups in my opinion are:

There is so much to think about for sets. So I'm guessing a trials setup will be amazing for regular 4man dungeons as well right? So basically gear up as if I am going to run trials and I should be fine in PvE is what I am taking form this. I do not know how to get the master items and want to work on getting maelstrom resto. I had looked at SPC set because of it looking good. You also say don't use prismatic but if I don't then my hp will be lower and risk 1shots. How does one not have hp enchants but also not get 1 shot. is it the amount of defense they have that makes up the difference? @Joysheeped

sorry for all the questions just trying to be even better. I normally have no real issues in 4 man dungeons with a group that is decant. But I want to get set up for some trials and harder tasks than just dungeons. I want to push my limits as a healer and be known for my abilities.
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 29, 2016 4:55PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

so for trials you think I should drop my dw. I was told having Dw was amazing for a few reasons like gaining back stam for rolls and break frees etc. also for more spell dmg for higher heals.

It's good for gaining back stamina (although someone should be using Repentance if there are adds around, plus someone might be using the Master Resto Staff.), and for the extra set piece and spell damage, but something that the support-healers in trials NEED to run is Elemental Drain. A DPS may slot it, but don't expect them to do that. If you can communicate with your other healer, it makes it much easier, and then one of you can run Duel Wield and the other one Destruction Staff.

Also, a great way to gain back magicka as a healer in a trial (even better than Resto Heavy Attack IMO) is the Siphon Spirit + Ele Drain + Destro light attack.
    Edited by Totalitarian on August 29, 2016 5:03PM
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Joysheeped wrote: »
    SPC+Worm
    SPC+Gossamer
    SPC+Twlight
    SPC+Infallible

Also,

There is so much to think about for sets. So I'm guessing a trials setup will be amazing for regular 4man dungeons as well right? So basically gear up as if I am going to run trials and I should be fine in PvE is what I am taking form this. I do not know how to get the master items and want to work on getting maelstrom resto. I had looked at SPC set because of it looking good. You also say don't use prismatic but if I don't then my hp will be lower and risk 1shots. How does one not have hp enchants but also not get 1 shot. is it the amount of defense they have that makes up the difference? @Joysheeped

sorry for all the questions just trying to be even better. I normally have no real issues in 4 man dungeons with a group that is decant. But I want to get set up for some trials and harder tasks than just dungeons. I want to push my limits as a healer and be known for my abilities.

I have every attribute in Magicka and ZERO health enchants for one reason. You can save a ton of gold buying willpower set in HEALTHY rather than ARCANE.

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

It's good for gaining back stamina (although someone should be using Repentance if there are adds around, plus someone might be using the Master Resto Staff.), and for the extra set piece and spell damage, but something that the support-healers in trials NEED to run is Elemental Drain. A DPS may slot it, but don't expect them to do that. If you can communicate with your other healer, it makes it much easier, and then one of you can run Duel Wield and the other one Destruction Staff.

Also, a great way to gain back magicka as a healer in a trial (even better than Resto Heavy Attack IMO) is the Siphon Spirit + Ele Drain + Destro light attack.

@Totalitarian I used to run ice destro staff when a guild mate recommended the DW. Maybe I will give the Destro staff a try again.

@Khaos_Bane I already have willpower set in mostly arcane. I think one is for hp only. But I just feel like I wont have enough hp with the blue food I use.
    Edited by Lightninvash on August 29, 2016 6:08PM
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked up Twilight remedy set is it possible to have 5pc SPC and 5 pc Twilight remedy and would that make a good set for Trials.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

@Totalitarian I used to run ice destro staff when a guild mate recommended the DW. Maybe I will give the Destro staff a try again.

@Khaos_Bane I already have willpower set in mostly arcane. I think one is for hp only. But I just feel like I wont have enough hp with the blue food I use.

I run between 17.5k and 19k health which has worked just fine for me. Just play around with it and see what you like most.

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Totalitarian I used to run ice destro staff when a guild mate recommended the DW. Maybe I will give the Destro staff a try again.

Khaos_Bane I already have willpower set in mostly arcane. I think one is for hp only. But I just feel like I wont have enough hp with the blue food I use.

I run between 17.5k and 19k health which has worked just fine for me. Just play around with it and see what you like most.

see I have like 18k hp with food and a couple of prismatic enchantments. To have 17.5-19k hp would be amazing for me haha if I could attain that with all enchants to magicka id be happy. Do you have any points into hp? all mine are in Magicka right now @Khaos_Bane
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Totalitarian I used to run ice destro staff when a guild mate recommended the DW. Maybe I will give the Destro staff a try again.

Khaos_Bane I already have willpower set in mostly arcane. I think one is for hp only. But I just feel like I wont have enough hp with the blue food I use.

see I have like 18k hp with food and a couple of prismatic enchantments. To have 17.5-19k hp would be amazing for me haha if I could attain that with all enchants to magicka id be happy. Do you have any points into hp? all mine are in Magicka right now @Khaos_Bane

No points in Health. I use my jewelry to adjust my health and that is it. It doesn't really matter how you chose to get the health you want. I was just trying to point out that it saves you money using jewelry for that purpose.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on August 29, 2016 6:31PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This sill be good info to look at I eventually want to run trials and knowing what works would be great.

sorry should have mentioned I am a Templar. I want to get into doing maelstrom arena I haven't attempted it yet as I feel like I am just an average player. Though other players I have grouped with lately have told me that I am pretty good. I like engine guardian because of the possibility of stam and hp regen for more dodge rolls or break free. It can be a life saver in dungeons like VCOA when I run out of stam to break free on last boss while being melted by lava. or something. I had thought about the kena for spell damage but what would I do for shoulders? do the 2pc set? @AlnilamE

On my nightblade (DPS and healer) I've gone 5 Julianos, 3 Willpower, 2 Torugs (destroy/resto) and 1 Kena and it works really well. I need to stop procrastinating and go get another piece of SPC to complete my set.

But I'm very good at procrastinating.

My Templar (Tank/Healer) recently got new gear (she was wearing Martial Knowledge/Healer from her big sisters still) and I went Destruction Mastery x5 (because I promised my trials co-ordinator I would get Ele Drain on her) and Julianos x5 and 1 Kena. It's working well both as a DPS set and a healing set. And she still survives as a tank even though she has less health now.

But again, stop procrastinating and go get gear... :-P
    The Moot Councillor
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

No points in Health. I use my jewelry to adjust my health and that is it. It doesn't really matter how you chose to get the health you want. I was just trying to point out that it saves you money using jewelry for that purpose.
    thank you for all the advice :)

On my nightblade (DPS and healer) I've gone 5 Julianos, 3 Willpower, 2 Torugs (destroy/resto) and 1 Kena and it works really well. I need to stop procrastinating and go get another piece of SPC to complete my set.

But I'm very good at procrastinating.

My Templar (Tank/Healer) recently got new gear (she was wearing Martial Knowledge/Healer from her big sisters still) and I went Destruction Mastery x5 (because I promised my trials co-ordinator I would get Ele Drain on her) and Julianos x5 and 1 Kena. It's working well both as a DPS set and a healing set. And she still survives as a tank even though she has less health now.

But again, stop procrastinating and go get gear... :-P

see with all these sets half I don't know what they are and where to get them. That's why I have been wearing Seducer haha. I use engine guardian because it is my only monster set atm. I know I need other ones and know now I should get a destro staff for some additional support skills. I would start grinding for gear if I knew where to grind for the items I needed.

It takes me a bit to learn because of my time constraints on playing. But I am off tomorrow and can start working on this once I know what to do haha
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just looked up Twilight remedy set is it possible to have 5pc SPC and 5 pc Twilight remedy and would that make a good set for Trials.

Yes it is possible. For that you would need to get some Twilight remedy jewelry pieces. Those can be pretty difficult to get as they are a rare drop in Normal Maw from the final boss. Thankfully you can trade these with others you ran that instance with so is not as difficult as it used to be.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on August 29, 2016 7:25PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the sets that have been mentioned here by various people:

Law of Julianos: Crafted in Wrothgar
    Twilight Remedy: Bind on Pickup - Drops in Maw of Lorkhaj
    Infallible Aether: Bind on Pickup - Drops in AA/HRC/SO
    Spell Power Cure (SPC): BoP - Drops in Imperial City Prison (v15 in normal, v16 in vet and from the vault)
    Master's Restoration Staff: BoP - Drops from the last chest in Dragonstar Arena.
    Destruction Mastery - BoE - Drops from Dragonstar Arena

This site gives you a list of all the sets, but not necessarily where they drop:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    The Moot Councillor
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

For 4-man content, you're generally better off with Dual Wield, simply because you don't need the utility of Destruction Staff. Some bosses, however, it's better to use Destruction Staff because of Crushing Shock (see the Gravelight Sentry), also, a great high-sustain attack combo as a healer is Elemental Drain + Crushing Shock + Light Attack, which is useful as your main DPS rotation against bosses where it's safer to be at range (Lord Warden Dusk)

But for Trials, communicate with your fellow healer to assign abilities for one another to run, and from there, you can run Dual Wield if the other healer takes Elemental Drain.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are that concerned about your health, get a Twilight Remedy/Infallible Aether/Gossamer/Worm Cult Resto and Destro staff with matching jewelry and either a helmet or shoulder piece of the same set (or a helm/shoulder piece for SPC and any piece of the others, so long as you have a shoulder or helm slot open)
    With the open armor slot, you can use a 1-piece monster set and the majority give a 1 piece health bonus.

Bogden, Nerenieth, and a few others have a 1 piece health buff and if your health is still too low for your tastes, enchant it for health or primatic and see what your health is afterwards. It should be enough to help your survivability without impacting your playstyle heavily, nor should it impeed your ability to perfer all that much.

You can also try slotting structured entropy for more health, max magic and regen if you want.
    Argonian forever
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lonewolf26 wrote: »

Yes it is possible. For that you would need to get some Twilight remedy jewelry pieces. Those can be pretty difficult to get as they are a rare drop in Normal Maw from the final boss. Thankfully you can trade these with others you ran that instance with so is not as difficult as it used to be.

sweet I think I will try that route since it seems to have one really good 5th trait on the twilight.
    Some of the sets that have been mentioned here by various people:

Law of Julianos: Crafted in Wrothgar
    Twilight Remedy: Bind on Pickup - Drops in Maw of Lorkhaj
    Infallible Aether: Bind on Pickup - Drops in AA/HRC/SO
    Spell Power Cure (SPC): BoP - Drops in Imperial City Prison (v15 in normal, v16 in vet and from the vault)
    Master's Restoration Staff: BoP - Drops from the last chest in Dragonstar Arena.
    Destruction Mastery - BoE - Drops from Dragonstar Arena

This site gives you a list of all the sets, but not necessarily where they drop:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Well that definitely helps. So il have to run dragon star arena to get a master restoration staff until I can get a maelstrom one. I will have to grind out some Maw and imperial city prison for my other sets as well. How hard is the dragonstar arena?

• Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dungeons
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Radiant Glory
    4. Repentance
    5. Blazing Spear
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Dual Wield
    1. Breath of Life
    2. Puncturing Sweeps
    3. Reflective Light
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

Trials
    Restoration Staff
    1. Rapid Regeneration
    2. Illustrious Healing
    3. Siphon Spirit
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Blazing Shards
    U. Aggressive Warhorn

Destruction Staff
    1. Elemental Drain
    2. Repentance
    3. Mystic Orbs
    4. Dampen Magic
    5. Ritual of Retribution
    U. Shooting Star

For 4-man content, you're generally better off with Dual Wield, simply because you don't need the utility of Destruction Staff. Some bosses, however, it's better to use Destruction Staff because of Crushing Shock (see the Gravelight Sentry), also, a great high-sustain attack combo as a healer is Elemental Drain + Crushing Shock + Light Attack, which is useful as your main DPS rotation against bosses where it's safer to be at range (Lord Warden Dusk)

But for Trials, communicate with your fellow healer to assign abilities for one another to run, and from there, you can run Dual Wield if the other healer takes Elemental Drain.

so basically keep my dw for the reg dungeons for versatility but get a destro set up for more challenging situations and utility on harder dungeons.
    If you are that concerned about your health, get a Twilight Remedy/Infallible Aether/Gossamer/Worm Cult Resto and Destro staff with matching jewelry and either a helmet or shoulder piece of the same set (or a helm/shoulder piece for SPC and any piece of the others, so long as you have a shoulder or helm slot open)
    With the open armor slot, you can use a 1-piece monster set and the majority give a 1 piece health bonus.

Bogden, Nerenieth, and a few others have a 1 piece health buff and if your health is still too low for your tastes, enchant it for health or primatic and see what your health is afterwards. It should be enough to help your survivability without impacting your playstyle heavily, nor should it impeed your ability to perfer all that much.

You can also try slotting structured entropy for more health, max magic and regen if you want.

I completely forgot about structured entropy because I stopped using it for more buffs and things I could pop that on for more damage output and hp thanks for that! I need to redo my bars I think haha.
  • Joysheeped
    Joysheeped
    ✭✭✭
    Haha you are being polite. I am still learning so we are both trying to get better :P

Anyway, healing a 12-man trial is different from healing a 4-man dungeon because there are simply too much for healers to drop healing/ buffing/ debuffing to DPS in my opinion and thus both skills and gears have to be changed into a full healer (more support skills and regen). In fact, most of the time I have to communicate with the other healer because I alone do not have enough slots for all the skills I need. Besides, being able to keep the 9 or 8 DPS alive with stamina/ magicka and hit them with prayers and hit the boss with infallible debuff is more beneficial then adding my healer DPS to the boss (9/ 8 DPS all doing 10% more damage is better than me doing 20k DPS). Not to mention the intensity of vet trials rarely allows you to do a fully charged heavy attack while you need to use your healing springs/ combat prayers/ orbs/ etc nonstop, meaning you need more regen/ cost reduction compared to 4-man dungeons.

But to answer your question, yes, I do think trial (full) healer setup will do well in 4-man dungeons provided that your DD's DPS are good because, otherwise, you are just buffing your bad DD's DPS which really isn't meaningful. Still, since you want to heal DPS, 4-man dungeons are relatively short, not as sustain-demanding and generally requires less healing/ support skills which allows you to put some damaging skills on your bars, it is not a bad idea to do some DPS on the boss as a healer (who doesn't like beaming your enemies! lol) to make the fights go even faster.

So, for me, I always have SPC on, then, depending on my group I will wear Twilight/ Infallible/ Worm (too lazy to farm Gossamer atm). When I go into trials I swap in some regen jewelries, respec my blue CP trees into full healing, change Lady CP tree depending on the trial we are going into and change my skills for trials; and when I go into 4-man dungeons... ideally if I want to heal DPS I will go through the same procedure but I am too poor to redo my CP so I usually just change my skills and gears accordingly.

As for Master weapons, they drop from vDSA.

For enchants, I personally use full magicka enchants and put all my attribute points into magicka on my healer because I don't have issue keeping myself alive and I want the extra magicka for better magicka sustain and better healing numbers. I am CP531+ though so our HP will be different if we have different amount of CP. If you do run into problem keeping yourself alive you can try using healthy Willpower jewelries as suggested by Khaos_Bane instead of arcane (btw Kagrenac's Hope also gives 1 HP bonus). Also, only block (cast) when necessary because we healers really don't have too many stamina to block.
    Khajiit Magicka NB :O
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5p Spell Power cure+ 5p Worm/ Infallible aether depending on the other healer, and Maelstrom Resto/ Destro.
    Infused big pieces, divines small pieces
    Be aware that this setup of 7 light armour will make you squishy as hell so what I do is put a kuta Health glyph on one of the infused big pieces of armour to get me up to 18k health, the rest are Magicka glyphs and make sure to keep your Channelled focus down for the armour buff.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlnilamE would a restoration staff of agility be an ok replacement until i get my master resto staff? I was thinking for stam regen on the enchantment. Would that work ok in tandum with destro staff to gain back my stam instead of dw
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    Watching this thread :)

I'm running 5pc Kragneracs hope, 2 piece engine guardian, 3 piece arcNe willpower, 2 piece to rugs pact.

31k magika, 22k health.

I need to get more SPC pieces but it's been hard finding people wanting to run vet WGT. I'm curious about the jewelry, and I haven't had a problem in normal trials healing. Only have 300CP so I haven't run veteran trials yet. Can't do blood spawn dps, and most other groups want a minimum 400CP.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x spellpower
    3x jewerly aether
    1x armor piece aether
    1x kena
    1x lightning aether staff (easiest way to procc aether)
    1x dsa/msa Healerstaff
    Edited by The_Saint on August 30, 2016 12:54PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • phaseadept
    phaseadept
    ✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »
    5x spellpower
    3x jewerly aether
    1x armor piece aether
    1x kena
    1x dsa/msa Healerstaff

I had a Inferno willpower staff laying around. Is lightning that much better?
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phaseadept wrote: »
    The_Saint wrote: »
    5x spellpower
    3x jewerly aether
    1x armor piece aether
    1x kena
    1x dsa/msa Healerstaff

I had a Inferno willpower staff laying around. Is lightning that much better?

for aether proc you have to do a fully charged heavy attack with inferno. With lightning it procs before the first tick of your heavy attack...
    Edited by The_Saint on August 30, 2016 1:04PM
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got my decent traits for spc so decked myself out in that and 3 magnus, 3 willpower for now. Spc is amazing.

Only Heal normals trials and dungeons, so it works.

Destro is better than swords. You can add bits of dps like wall of elements and slot Crushing shock for certain things (watcher boss in prison and grenade boss there too etc)