The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alik'r quest "The Initiation" bugged

MeerkatWarlord
I gathered the ingredients, and went to the back of the tent to drink the Ash'abah potion and the game pops up with "Item not ready yet."

I've abandoned the quest, relogged and reset several times and the problem persists.

It's a main quest for Cadwell's Gold. I can't skip it.
I play on the XBOX ONE

Zanaam-ri - AD Khajiit DPS MagBlade (Grand Master Crafter)
Haldrion - AD High Elf DPS MagSorc
Gedryn - EP Dark Elf DPS StamBlade
Amalene - DC Imperial Stamplar
Jeebo the Mad - AD Argonian Tank Dragonknight
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Initiation is not required for Cadwell's Almanac in Alik'r, so you can skip it and come back later. The next Almanac quest is Tu'whacca's Breath at Tu'whacca's Throne.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MeerkatWarlord
    @Enodoc

Ah, thank you.
    I play on the XBOX ONE

Zanaam-ri - AD Khajiit DPS MagBlade (Grand Master Crafter)
    Haldrion - AD High Elf DPS MagSorc
    Gedryn - EP Dark Elf DPS StamBlade
    Amalene - DC Imperial Stamplar
    Jeebo the Mad - AD Argonian Tank Dragonknight
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    Thanks for the report. We've resolved this issue internally and will be pushing the fix to the Live servers soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post
  • franaa
    franaa
    Soul Shriven
    Jekerl wrote: »
    Thanks for the report. We've resolved this issue internally and will be pushing the fix to the Live servers soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Still doesn't work for me. I tried everything. PC version. 15 min logout, quest reset, resetUI, unstuck. Still can't drink the bloody potion.
    Edited by franaa on February 12, 2017 1:40PM
  • Jekerl
    Jekerl
    mod
    This isn't the same issue but the end result is the same. We've identified and are fixing an issue on our internal servers. We will push a fix to the Live servers as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you're stuck, you can contact CS and they can help you progress.

Thanks for the reports!
    Jeremy Sera
    Lead Content Designer
    Staff Post