The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maw of Lorkhaj crashing issues

x_Nathan_F
x_Nathan_F
✭✭✭
Hey there ZOS tried doing maw normal but the people in the group kept crashing are there any fixes for this thanks!
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_DaryaK
  • TrivialGinger
    Having the exact same problem.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here but on vet. We all start to randomly freeze and crash as soon as we near the door to the first boss. Even when we make it in and start the fight, we lose 4 to 5 ppl. It's completely unplayable.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Hey guys, I was able to confirm the team is investigating this issue. When we have more information, we'll update this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was able to confirm the team is investigating this issue. When we have more information, we'll update this thread.

We tried hel Ra and people were crashing a lot at the archer boss with the admired welwas
  • Vezuls
    Vezuls
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness. And I can confirm this happens in HRC as well.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Almost a month later but no response on this; is there another topic I should be looking for? :)

Crashes make this content pretty much unplayable.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_DaryaK

Any news on this? Now it is the weekly trial again and it's pretty much impossible to play through the disconnects currently on Xbox.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    @Dalglish I know it wasn't on these forums but @ZOS_Finn said in a recent Reddit AMA:

"We fixed a number of performance bugs in OneTamriel for Consoles. The performance should be better when the Update goes live."

This was in response to a question about problems in Vet Maw.

Can only hope there is some detail soon as Maw, Hel Ra and VMA are all plagued with issues on XBOX
  • LordDragos
    LordDragos
    ✭✭
    vetmaw is almost unplayable, half our team lags out at a time.

please fix ASAP

Imperial Dragonknight Tank - EP
    Breton Magic Nightblade - EP
    Breton Templar Healer/DPS - EP
    Imperial Stamina Nightbalde - EP
    Imperial Templar Tank - DC
    High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Imperial Stam Sorcere - DC
    Dunmer Dragonknight - EP

GT: iMak0
  • LordDragos
    LordDragos
    ✭✭
    correction it is unplayable we have 1 dc every 30 seconds on first boss in vmaw
    Imperial Dragonknight Tank - EP
    Breton Magic Nightblade - EP
    Breton Templar Healer/DPS - EP
    Imperial Stamina Nightbalde - EP
    Imperial Templar Tank - DC
    High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Imperial Stam Sorcere - DC
    Dunmer Dragonknight - EP

GT: iMak0
  • HonourXL
    HonourXL
    ✭✭
    trials in general has a lot of issues with crashes, screen froze and extremely low frame rate.
    XBOX- EU
    Honour XL aka Kaiser Mehmed
    DC - STAM NB
    DC - STAM SORC
    AD- MAG TEMPLAR
    DC - MAG DK
    DC - STAMPLAR
    DC- MAG NB
    EP- STAM DK
    MY CHANNEL:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCnvn5pMPMXYfjcTPHOHi5mA
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the Hel Ra crashes only ever seem to happen when it's night time in the instance; can any of you guys take note of this next time and see if it matches up?

There are still the odd dc's now and then but when its night time there is like 6-7 disconnects constantly during the group split phase.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    I consistently disconnect if I go left/lower side in Hel Ra. Doesn't seem to matter if it is day or night but others I have run with have said it's worse at night. Also doesn't seem to matter which character I run on and being dropped during lower fight means zero loot every time.

If I go right/upper I've had fewer DC's but I still experience lag and low frame rate at times during the upper boss fight

Hel Ra performance after the split fights appears to be without issue so it really is just something unique to the part where teams split

The other issue with split is when team members get uppercut back through the closed door on the right and are unable to get back in. Also had instances where people have said they've got through the doors but then found themselves locked out again. Have had people DC and find themselves back at trial load in area and then also unable to resume as locked out at both doors

When this happens they cannot rejoin until both boss fights are over.

In MoL the DC and freezing are just random and make no sense/have no visible trigger. The other day I got to last boss without issue then got kicked to dashboard before we could start the boss fight.
    Edited by Enigmatic on October 4, 2016 9:15AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's got something to do with AOE's because I find the more stamina dps we have the less frequent lag/dcs are, anywhere in the game - I'll have a look later at whether or not it's daylight or night before I go in and see if we can get anywhere with that.

Whilst you're at this, fix the scaling - Scrubs shouldn't be able to complete these trials on V1 and get a coffer at V16 and plenty of them are doing it on Xbox.

I actually don't know why these aren't set to allow only V16's entry in the first place.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally maybe we can get a fix. I wanna run maw.
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭

We tried hel Ra and people were crashing a lot at the archer boss with the admired welwas
    Dalglish wrote: »
    For me, the Hel Ra crashes only ever seem to happen when it's night time in the instance; can any of you guys take note of this next time and see if it matches up?

There are still the odd dc's now and then but when its night time there is like 6-7 disconnects constantly during the group split phase.

Did hel Ra as well and someone brought this up, it does seem to make sense because when it was night we had a lot of crashes.
  • ButtersEP
    ButtersEP
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK what's going on with this? Will it atleast be fixed with One Tamriel
  • Khilseith
    Khilseith
    ✭✭✭
    ButtersEP wrote: »
    @ZOS_DaryaK what's going on with this? Will it atleast be fixed with One Tamriel

Based on previous major updates I'm assuming One Tamriel is just going to make everything worse. You'll probably be lucky to even set foot in Maw. But who knows. Maybe they'll actually fix the game.
  • sam0621
    sam0621
    That guy dark must've been fired for acknowledging this issue.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    sam0621 wrote: »

If you mean me, no, I'm still here! I'm not a guy though. ;)

I'm sorry I don't have any real news for you yet but I want to reassure you that this has not been forgotten.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry I don't have any real news for you yet but I want to reassure you that this has not been forgotten.

Thanks for the reply Darya but I find it hard to believe there is no news when your console update has probably gone to certification on console already; is it still broken in the next patch?

It would take 2 minutes to test as the crashes (particularly at first boss) are definitely memory leak/rendering crash issues; and involves guaranteed disconnects. There are little ways to limit the chances of disconnects but it's just crazy that we have to avoid looking at a wall and walk backwards to avoid disconnect 'mechanics'.

This is as a major, major issue; one that has been broken for at least 2 months. Can you please let us know the stats regarding unique users entering Vet Maw? That will surely be an indication of how bad these trials are broken. It is your most challenging content to date, but almost unplayable at the moment.

@ZOS_Finn is this your area to comment? Apologies if you are only involved in dungeon mechanics and not performance.
    Edited by Dalglish on October 10, 2016 9:43AM
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Nexus_Emperor
    Nexus_Emperor
    ✭✭
    Elder Scroll Gulch lol
    I'm play ESO on Xbox 2015-2018
    AND i Move create New Account on PC EU server Cp1080
    i play Trials i like it more i complete Vmol +VSS+Vhof+Vcr
    i love these game and fun time with new people
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks so much for listening & replying to the concerns of your players, it's nice to know you care <3