The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Appearance Change Token

robwolf666
robwolf666
✭✭✭✭✭
OK, before potentially wasting 1000 Crowns on this "Appearance" token (Like I did with the hairstyles thinking there'd actually be something new, instead of the "privilege" of just getting access already existing styles), is there actually going to be anything NEW there to choose from?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

Everything new - markings, hair styles, accessories - is exclusively accessed through your collectibles, not through the character appearance change.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    No.

Everything new - markings, hair styles, accessories - is exclusively accessed through your collectibles, not through the character appearance change.

OK, but I've looked through those in collectables after getting the styles pack from the store, and it doesn't look to me like anything is new, except for one body marking. Guess I'll have a look again.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the store description is for the hairstyles pack, but it was mentioned that this pack only contained all of the existing hairstyles currently available in character creation. While there's nothing new there, it does give you the freedom to change your hairstyle whenever you want, without having to use an appearance change token.

So, these hairstyles, when purchased, do go into your collection and can be accessed there outside of character creation.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 18, 2016 6:11PM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the store description is for the hairstyles pack, but it was mentioned that this pack only contained all of the existing hairstyles currently available in character creation. While there's nothing new there, it does give you the freedom to change your hairstyle whenever you want, without having to use an appearance change token.

So, these hairstyles, when purchased, do go into your collection and can be accessed there outside of character creation.

Yes, and also certain hairstyles that you couldn't wear on your race before can know be worn. Your Altmer can now sport an afro or dreadlocks if they want.
    PC/EU DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    No.

OK, but I've looked through those in collectables after getting the styles pack from the store, and it doesn't look to me like anything is new, except for one body marking. Guess I'll have a look again.

No new hair styles were released yet, but there are some on the PTS. When they come to live, they will work like I described - through your collections, not through the appearance change.

And yes, on the description it says the hair pack contains the "standard" hair styles, no new ones.

There are only new accessories and markings right now in the Crown Store on the live servers.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does it put your existing character back in the creation screen or do you start over from scratch?

like the op, i'm not wild about dropping 1k crowns without knowing.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »
    does it put your existing character back in the creation screen or do you start over from scratch?

like the op, i'm not wild about dropping 1k crowns without knowing.

It puts your existing character back in the creation screen (it's a different room, though).

Mind the lighting. Characters in the barbershop room can look drastically different in the game.
    Tale a look at this video that @NewBlacksmurf posted a few days ago on this thread.

Meet my characters:

• Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    Once you've made changes to your character, are you given the chance to confirm them before spending the token? Or is the token consumed upon choosing to make changes? Did I word that clearly? Eh.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elfbait wrote: »
    Once you've made changes to your character, are you given the chance to confirm them before spending the token? Or is the token consumed upon choosing to make changes? Did I word that clearly? Eh.

The token is consumed upon confirmation. If you click "back" you will return to your character selection screen and the token won't be spent. Is that what you meant?

Meet my characters:

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you!
  • Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    Elfbait wrote: »

The token is consumed upon confirmation. If you click "back" you will return to your character selection screen and the token won't be spent. Is that what you meant?

Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks so much for the answer, it helps a lot!
  • rioichi4
    rioichi4
    ✭✭
    Can you change your character's gender with the appearance change token?
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rioichi4 wrote: »

Yep!
    Appearance Change Tokens: These tokens allow for complete modification of one character's appearance, including but not limited to hair styles and colors, adornments, face and body markings, facial features, eye color, age, body and face shape, as well as selected voice and even gender. One Appearance Change Token can be purchased for 1000 crowns.
    Edited by ListerJMC on August 23, 2016 5:11AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    rioichi4 wrote: »

yep, I did that very thing. I takes you back to the character creation screen, just after selecting race/skill type
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • rioichi4
    rioichi4
    ✭✭
    Sweet. Thank you!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just FYI, if you change your gender with an appearance change token, you're still stuck with the same name. You can't change the name unless you also purchase a name change token (for 2,500 Crowns).
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    Does it reset your character upon entering the Character Creation room? Ideally I’d like everything to be the same as before and I’m just tweaking my eyes color, eye size, skin tone and hair. I’d like the rest to remain the same (e.g. size of body, legs, arms, hands)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @belfong, you’re good.

The token is consumed when you save changes (after tweaks) to your currently existing character.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 11, 2020 8:42AM
  • belfong
    belfong
    ✭✭
    Thanks mate, for confirming!
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.