The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Grouping is broken... since SotH DLC

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
Now when you group, only one person gets to be in the group... you have to travel to make it work.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that one person cannot leave group.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to SotH console folks!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Rittings wrote: »
    Now when you group, only one person gets to be in the group... you have to travel to make it work.
    We did have a known issue in the patch notes that the UI from the person initiating a group would be broken, and make it appear as though you're not actually in a group (relogging or going to a new zone fixes it, though). Is this what you're running into?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did have a known issue in the patch notes that the UI from the person initiating a group would be broken, and make it appear as though you're not actually in a group (relogging or going to a new zone fixes it, though). Is this what you're running into?

Yup... that's what we are running into.
  • Getsome122
    Getsome122
    ✭✭
    Grouping has been broken since Dark Brotherhood dropped. And on the rare occasion that it does work and you get grouped with idiots who have no clue what they are doing you get punished for using that garbage with a timer before you can try to group again.

I expect the grouping is probably still just as broken now as it was since the last dlc. They don't seem to fix anything anymore.

Hence why someone like me hasn't played in weeks and won't be continuing my ESO plus until I see posts in here showing positive feedback showing they are actually fixing everything they have broken lately.

Edited by Getsome122 on August 16, 2016 11:09PM
  • onlinegamesb16_ESO
    onlinegamesb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

This is not the only and rather a small issue, compared to the major problems regarding the activity finder! And someone over there should be aware of it!

We are (were, because of the present issues with the activity finder) a group of 3 friends playing together and also normally start the activity finder while already being in a group. (We assigned ourselfs as: 1 tank, 1 DD, 1 healer ... meaning only 1 DD left and it should not be a problem to find one!)

EITHER: On most days it will not find anything/anyone at all FOR HOURS!

OR: On some days it adds the 3 of us to another group of 2 and opens a raid which results in one person not being able to enter the dungeon that is only designed for 4 players. This ultimately ends up in a kick-vote competition who is gonna kick the friend of the other one out first. HOW %$§%$§%!

And by the way: Same problem when starting the activity (not) finder alone!

P L E A S E god damn it, finally look into this!!! It is unbelievable that this problem STILL is not solved!

Edited by onlinegamesb16_ESO on August 18, 2016 11:34AM
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... a broken activity finder basically condemns this game to the bottom of the pile of games. Neverwinter has their group finder running so smoothly - ESO isn't even able to compete right now. It's a dead man walking, until they can find a way to fix it... bringing out a dungeon DLC only further compounds the problem.
  • meba
    meba
    ✭✭
    I got this in a support mail "If you continue to have trouble, as a possible workaround, some players have been able to queue solo, while others have better luck queueing as a group. Another suggestion is to manually form a group and travel as a group directly to the dungeon via Wayshrines." lol
    playstation/na • òbłìvîón
  • Dond006
    Dond006
    ✭✭
    Same here.
    Solo player DPS or HEALER, the finder never answers.
    It's a shame as there were many performance improvements in this patch, but no more activity finder......seriously ? Again ?.....
    I think I will stop my ESO+.
  • Tvex
    Tvex
    I cancelled my eso+ in protest. It's all you can do because telling them over and over and over on the forums doesn't matter. Money matters. And hopefully when they see eso+ subs being cancelled they will clue in on what a giant player base they have alienated by not attending to the simple activity finder.
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    Me too, not paying subscription until they fix this on going problem with group finder. Its disgraceful that they keep on doing DLC and as always something goes wrong , don't they bother to test these things any more, just happy to take your money I suppose well not mine any more until, IF they fix it. Such a shame as I along with many others love the concept and scope of the game. Please FIX the the game we LOVE and don't bring anything else out until (A) you fix the base game and (B) test all DLC before its released.Please,Please take note of all these comments posted else you'll find your selves playing this game on you own ZOS as the paying public have had enough. I wont delete it yet in the hope you'll listen..................
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    meba wrote: »
    I got this in a support mail "If you continue to have trouble, as a possible workaround, some players have been able to queue solo, while others have better luck queueing as a group. Another suggestion is to manually form a group and travel as a group directly to the dungeon via Wayshrines." lol

They should have not released the DLC until they had no problems with it and not just fob you off with work arounds.....its not good enough.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos doesnt fix stuff anymore. Thats why I wasnt playing since dB dropped.
    Edited by jello on August 31, 2016 11:28AM
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • JwhyBee
    JwhyBee
    I have been having the same issues as everyone above has mentioned. What I find to be the most annoying thing is that we use the activity finder and get put in a group of 5. the group gets disbanded and we have a 15min cool down!!!! It wasn't our fault the group feel apart but we get punished!!!!!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I managed to get into some dungeons last night for the first time in a couple of months, so there may have been some improvements/fixes pushed in somewhere. I hadn't tried for a couple of weeks, so don't know when anything might have changed.

Ran the normal undaunted after specifying Direfrost in the grouping tool with my two tanks, one on a 10 minute wait, the other was instant. Also did a random with one of them, got in inside a minute.

Probably shouldn't broadcast it in case it is not fixed but maybe some of you who are having trouble might want to give it a try.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Anamander
    Anamander
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I managed to get into some dungeons last night for the first time in a couple of months, so there may have been some improvements/fixes pushed in somewhere. I hadn't tried for a couple of weeks, so don't know when anything might have changed.

Ran the normal undaunted after specifying Direfrost in the grouping tool with my two tanks, one on a 10 minute wait, the other was instant. Also did a random with one of them, got in inside a minute.

Probably shouldn't broadcast it in case it is not fixed but maybe some of you who are having trouble might want to give it a try.

I'm a healer and have gotten into dungeons with group finder with- in minutes no problems since maintenance. :D
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anamander wrote: »

I'm a healer and have gotten into dungeons with group finder with- in minutes no problems since maintenance. :D

It all depends on the time of day you queue. Try queuing at 6pm EST on the NA server and tell me you had no problems queuing... in fact, from 6pm to 2am EST you can pretty much forget activity finder...

• Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    Anamander wrote: »

It all depends on the time of day you queue. Try queuing at 6pm EST on the NA server and tell me you had no problems queuing... in fact, from 6pm to 2am EST you can pretty much forget activity finder...

That's my usual game time window (PC NA) and I don't have any problems.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am in Oz so during the week am currently on abiut an hour after the daily writs and undaunted pledges roll over and about 3 hours before the usual PS4 NA maintenance time of 6am. I guess that is the quiet time for the US.

Did a couple of randoms and a couple of undaunteds again last night with my tanks and only a couple of minutes wait. Took a little longer with my healer - maybe 10 minutes.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.