The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Weakest Class in Solo PvP?

• jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    I always play as mDK in PVP...
    Need buff. But mDK was improved with TG
    So I think there will be no buff in near future
    It's sad...
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Nothing can compete stamina 1v1 or solo PvP.

You will barely find a decent Magicka NB getting killed by anyone in 1 vs. 1 if he follows the rule Survival -> DPS.

A player should always ask himself how many 1 vs 1 did he actually survive with his current build and if he won a fight how long was the fight. That's the only way how you improve your build to survive strong players in any competition.

A fight vs. strong players will always take a while and might never end because we both know very well how to play.
    Then it's decided by patience, pressure and who is making the first mistake. If I loose, I [snip] this up, nobody else.
    I keep track of my fights, if I don't care I don't find out what happened or where to improve in specific.

However, most players don't even care how often they actually die because death doesn't matter in ESO but it should matter for personal statistics because then you start seeing your build and play style from a different perspective.

And a Magicka NB who didn't find his balance between sustain, survival and acceptable DPS is a very bad player.
    Since you voted Magicka NB the weakest I am certain that your issue is trading survival for more DPS.

Imo a very bad deal but major cause for most bad NBs out there.

Not dying doesn't mean anything if you don't have enough dps to kill your opponent.

Again, you will not kill decent players in 1 vs. 1 , no matter how hard you try pushing your dps.
    But you will make your self a very easy target to kill because you show your weak spots to decent players.

A pure DPS build in 1 vs. 1 only works well when your are playing vs. casuals but you need to stay flexible
    and find your balance of sustain and survival on the long run to be prepared instead
    underestimating decent opponents.

Wrecking faces of casuals is silly and bad measure.

Top player duels are not decided by quick kills, they decided by sustain and patience.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:27PM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

You will barely find a decent Magicka NB getting killed by anyone in 1 vs. 1 if he follows the rule Survival -> DPS.

A player should always ask himself how many 1 vs 1 did he actually survive with his current build and if he won a fight how long was the fight. That's the only way how you improve your build to survive strong players in any competition.

A fight vs. strong players will always take a while and might never end because we both know very well how to play.
    Then it's decided by patience, pressure and who is making the first mistake. If I loose, I [snip] this up, nobody else.
    I keep track of my fights, if I don't care I don't find out what happened or where to improve in specific.

However, most players don't even care how often they actually die because death doesn't matter in ESO but it should matter for personal statistics because then you start seeing your build and play style from a different perspective.

And a Magicka NB who didn't find his balance between sustain, survival and acceptable DPS is a very bad player.
    Since you voted Magicka NB the weakest I am certain that your issue is trading survival for more DPS.

Not dying doesn't mean anything if you don't have enough dps to kill your opponent.

Again, you will not kill decent players in 1 vs. 1 , no matter how hard you try pushing your dps.
    But you will make your self a very easy target to kill because you show your weak spots to decent players.

But in this game your defense and survivability comes from your dps pool. The harder you hit the stronger your shields, the bigger your heals, and the better your resources. And if you show your weak spots to someone with low dps or someone who sacrifices a good about of dps to place in say his stamina pool, it doesn't matter because he wont be able to kill you cause he doesn't hit hard enough, and eventually you'll burst threw him and win. This game is basically a dps race because everything in the game comes from your dps pool. So yea skilled duelist the duel can take awhile I've been in duels for upwards of 5 to 7 minutes but it will eventually come to a end because someone will mess up. NB duels rarely end in a draw. Open world 1v1 is a different story if the fight is taking too long I just cloak away before the zerg comes
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Magic NB and magic DK are tied for last place, IMO.
    Glamdring wrote: »
    oh i so long for next "dlc" and to give all thoose maulbeth exploiting magplars their ass handed to them.
    Can somebody link me to where they said Malubeth was getting nerfed?

I´d put NB ahead bc of the possibility to play ranged builds, shade teleport and the access to movement speed.

In terms of killing power both are absolutely terrible when fighting "skilled" (wow you´re using the right potion and your healing spells) opponents.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• boundsy88
    boundsy88
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    With malubeth in the game magicka dk solo is damn near impossible. yea we all get that epic 1v6 every now and again, but then u think about if u were on a stam nightblade how u could of finished that 1v6 in under 30 seconds when it took 5 minutes on a mag dk.

This is how u look at the scales between the best and worst solo class.

#balance
  • TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Mag Dk I play it alot now a days in PvE (need undaunted) and PvP and i like it but just the damage isnt there my burst comes with a ulti but still fun tho! I like the Mag Dk

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    It's a no-brainer: Magicka DK.

They lack the burst to burn down players quickly, and the mobility to escape when outnumbered.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Those who claim that solo magicka templar is OP, 100% don't play one.
    -No solid CC/root capability to hold enemies nearby.
    -No mobility, even with mistform(thanks to gapclosers' snare that making mist almost usless vs large groups chasing).
    -Worst class sustain(sorry but even 25k BoL won't save you if you out of stamina in open world).
    Ofcourse nowdays no magicka templar run solo in open world to pick this option, while majority of DKs were solo-rambos that were nerfed and based on this immersion "1dk can't win 15 enemies anymore" claiming they are worst. Anyone rationally prove that I am wrong?
    P.S.: by solo pvp I see 1vX, not 1v1.

Lmao....and other than a CC/root you think mag dk has the other things you've mentioned? Mag templar has better magicka sustain with the rune, passives give higher spell damage, a more reliable gap closer, a 28 meter spammable skill that snares as well as DOT, a mele range skill that heals as well as damages, one of the best executes in the game, the only class purge which can be a high a 5 negative effects. Also, a 25k Bol seems a lot better than dragons blood. As your selected choice is in the minority, I think it is you who should prove the majority wrong!
    NA/PC
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

But in this game your defense and survivability comes from your dps pool.
    The harder you hit the stronger your shields, the bigger your heals, and the better your resources.

Your theory requires that everything is balanced with same parameters given to all players and implemented that way in ESO first. Since this is not the case it makes your defense and survivability situational and it mostly depends on class choice depending on ressource. And here we have the significant difference and main issue in ESO because the strength of a class and your efficiency is decided by the fact if your class choice is harmonizing with your main ressource or not.

Some classes end up with 20-30% of class skills on their bars while other classes provide outstanding morphs independent of ressource and end up with 80% class skills on the bars. It's not a question of fun to play, it's a question what class design has to offer to play efficient enough. A class should not rely on a ressource it should rely on corresponding passives and proper morphs matching to any ressource.

In other words specific classes like NBs have a very strong utility and abilities that make them stay flexible and very efficient in 1 vs. 1 situations. While other classes are highly depend on a specific ressource and ask themselves why the heck they actually chosen their current class.

With that being said and since our original discussion was about Magicka NBs it's pretty silly to say it's the weakest class in PvP because it's the most balanced class independent of ressource choice.

An advantage many others classes are dreaming of.
    And if you show your weak spots to someone with low dps or someone who sacrifices a good about of dps to place in say his stamina pool, it doesn't matter because he wont be able to kill you cause he doesn't hit hard enough

It does matter because survival for long lasting fights or ending up in a tie is part of Top player competitions.
    As explained already , Top player fights are decided by sustain and patience. Nobody said it's easy to find the perfect balance between sustain and acceptable DPS but it's decisive in Top player duels.

And yes, many DPS junkies only will recognize the importance if this game would provide a knock out round tournament because then death matters.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK only because 1 out of 10 times Melee MagBlades manage to get Cloak working.

People claiming MagSorcs are weak are probably the same type of people that quit playing MagDK's the moment they weren't ridiculously strong anymore.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on August 1, 2016 10:05AM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc and stam blades... rofl... probably coming from the same people that are now malutards.

using broken stuff to compete...
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight

But in this game your defense and survivability comes from your dps pool.
    The harder you hit the stronger your shields, the bigger your heals, and the better your resources.

Your theory requires that everything is balanced with same parameters given to all players and implemented that way in ESO first. Since this is not the case it makes your defense and survivability situational and it mostly depends on class choice depending on ressource. And here we have the significant difference and main issue in ESO because the strength of a class and your efficiency is decided by the fact if your class choice is harmonizing with your main ressource or not.

Some classes end up with 20-30% of class skills on their bars while other classes provide outstanding morphs independent of ressource and end up with 80% class skills on the bars. It's not a question of fun to play, it's a question what class design has to offer to play efficient enough. A class should not rely on a ressource it should rely on corresponding passives and proper morphs matching to any ressource.

In other words specific classes like NBs have a very strong utility and abilities that make them stay flexible and very efficient in 1 vs. 1 situations. While other classes are highly depend on a specific ressource and ask themselves why the heck they actually chosen their current class.

With that being said and since our original discussion was about Magicka NBs it's pretty silly to say it's the weakest class in PvP because it's the most balanced class independent of ressource choice.

An advantage many others classes are dreaming of.
    And if you show your weak spots to someone with low dps or someone who sacrifices a good about of dps to place in say his stamina pool, it doesn't matter because he wont be able to kill you cause he doesn't hit hard enough

It does matter because survival and a resulting tie is part of competition as well.

I don't think magblade is the worse PvP class is on a different level than mag dk at least we have a gap closer lol, and whenever dizzying swing doesn't follow me when I teleport to my shade and hits me even though I'm 15m behind the caster, and gap closers stop pulling me out of cloak, magblade will probably be the best magicka class in the game. But all of my abilities are bugged and along with a weakness to CCs and being the squishiest of all the classes it's hard to place magblade over anything but mag dk. Nightblade skills are very balanced but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't matter because the other classes can get things that their class is missing from other skill lines. I still think magblade can function solo it's just not as good as some of the other classes at the moment
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 31, 2018 2:24PM
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Nightblade skills are very balanced but in the grand scheme of things that doesn't matter because the other classes can get things that their class is missing from other skill lines. I still think magblade can function solo it's just not as good as some of the other classes at the moment

No man, you cannot compare and replace all class utilities by external abilities.
    Beside the fact that class choice becomes even more questionable with your statement it sounds like a bad excuse by Wrobel for lack of PvP class morph design. ;)

However, sustain and survival for long lasting fights or ending up in a tie is part of Top player competitions.
    All Top player fights are decided by sustain and patience. Nobody said it's easy to find the perfect balance between sustain and acceptable DPS for a class but it's essential in duels and Magicka NBs are in a very good spot here.

Most players only understand the importance of survival if the game would provide weekly knock out round tournaments , then everyone is taking notice and paying attention to negative statistics including own death. Imo the best indicator for PvP knock out leader boards to prove existing class imbalance after several weeks of knock out events.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 1, 2016 11:54AM
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    MagDK definately. It shines in gropes but solo I find extremely hard to win fights, surviving is not a problem either so it becomes tiresome tied fights and that wears out after a while.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    Cously wrote: »
    MagDK definately. It shines in gropes but solo I find extremely hard to win fights, surviving is not a problem either so it becomes tiresome tied fights and that wears out after a while.

Confirmed mDK best grope class ever! :p
    Edited by Armitas on August 1, 2016 11:50AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Argonian_Jesus
    Stamina Nightblade
    Buff stamblades, incap hit like wet noodles and stun is too short.
    Reeh-Teeus EP Nightblade
  • forzajuve212
    forzajuve212
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    DK patch notes balance changes are up! Look what they did to buff mag dk! We got cinder storm dodge chance and coag blood buff and and....

Dragonknight
    Earthen Heart
    Igneous Weapons (Molten Weapons morph): Fixed an issue where this morph was not applying the Major Brutality buff to the correct targets.

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Dragonknight
    I almost thought that there would be 4 classes in PvP again in this patch instead of 3. Seems like i was wrong.
    :]
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several comments have been removed from this thread. Please refrain from posting spam and nonsensical comments. Such posts are against community rules and are not constructive towards the conversation.
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on August 2, 2016 1:05PM
    Staff Post