The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Proof that Magicka Sorcerer is not OP as claimed

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    @Lord-Stien I love my sorc precisely because so little of my damage has a travel time or can be roll dodged. Try playing a staff mageblade for a bit if you think sorcs have it hard... Swallow Soul, Assassin's Will, and Impale is a far inferior burst combo to Crushing Shock, Curse, Frag, and Fury explosion. Applying Curse and Fury to the enemy is half the damage and easy as pie.

<3 sorc now.

Actually I can't believe it's not a lot of magblades complaining right now. They got hit way harder than sorcerers, and a lot worse off right now
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the right build, sorc is amazing on the non cp campaign. When you add in cp, stam builds make things rough.

It's difficult to find the right balance between max magic and regen without neglecting something else.

The most ridiculous thing to me is when I can't chase someone down because of Streak cost increase. Maybe thats my penance for using such a troll build for so long.

Would you mind telling me how you´re countering cost increase poison on nonCP @Cinnamon_Spider ?

I´m honestly interested because that´s what i´m running on my redguard stamNB there (viper tavas bloodspawn). I ravage magica builds simply bc they run out of resources in under 30s (seducer builds) while also never being able to put out enough dmg to pressure me.
    Edited by Derra on July 30, 2016 8:33AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    With the right build, sorc is amazing on the non cp campaign. When you add in cp, stam builds make things rough.

It's difficult to find the right balance between max magic and regen without neglecting something else.

The most ridiculous thing to me is when I can't chase someone down because of Streak cost increase. Maybe thats my penance for using such a troll build for so long.

Would you mind telling me how you´re countering cost increase poison on nonCP @Cinnamon_Spider ?

I´m honestly interested because that´s what i´m running on my redguard stamNB there (viper tavas bloodspawn). I ravage magica builds simply bc they run out of resources in under 30s (seducer builds) while also never being able to put out enough dmg to pressure me.

There is no way to counter poisons on any build unless they poison you back
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I run Lich in Azura. I haven't had any noticeable issues with poisons so far.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    Thats because sorceror got harder to play. Doesnt mean it isnt as good. Dont get me wrong, this isnt me denouncing that other specs are OP. Stamina still needs some type of nerf to its healing/sustain. Besides that, MSorc is still a VERY strong spec and I still consider it one of the bests to small scale with. When I was on a mag sorc (even without proper gear with impen, and 19k hp) I was able to tank, sustain and burst people quickly. With the shield change it makes it much harder for newbies to play sorc which is why they reroll. But to all the experienced players out there that know how to play each and every spec in the game with ease. They should still be good as a sorc. That's all I have to say. Sorc got harder to play, but is still really good.

It didn't get harder to play, it got boring to play. every single sorc in this game is now running the same exact build. there is no variation and sorcs weren't all that varied to begin with but with the changes in DB there is no room for imagination with the class, it's just stale and stagnant and every sorc looks the same.

Lol sorc always had no variation. For me its always been boring, nothing changed about that. But yes it did indeed get harder to play for scrubs.

hence why i said "they weren't all that varied to begin with" DB killed what limited options you did have.
    Edited by Lucky28 on July 30, 2016 11:48AM
    Invictus
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´m running 5lich 3willp 4mag but as soon as someone uses mag cost increase poison it´s GG for me ._.
    I´m running oom with heavy attack hardened.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    @Lord-Stien I love my sorc precisely because so little of my damage has a travel time or can be roll dodged. Try playing a staff mageblade for a bit if you think sorcs have it hard... Swallow Soul, Assassin's Will, and Impale is a far inferior burst combo to Crushing Shock, Curse, Frag, and Fury explosion. Applying Curse and Fury to the enemy is half the damage and easy as pie.

<3 sorc now.

Actually I can't believe it's not a lot of magblades complaining right now. They got hit way harder than sorcerers, and a lot worse off right now

In my experience and opinion, mageblade has been perfectly balanced internally -- meaning just considering its class skills and stuff -- for a long long time. However, factors external to the class make it weak for solo and small group open world right now compared to others. Big group mageblade is fine because the group covers members' weaknesses, and in fact I'd argue that PvP healing and tanking mageblade are highly underrated. Examples:

Mageblade has low ability costs and siphon attacks. It is designed to operate in a world with limited sustain, but everyone has infinite sustain... We literally cannot engage in the battles of attrition that many mageblade play styles are designed for.

Dodge roll + shuffle + overtuned stamina healing make it difficult for destro mageblade to put damage on wary stamina opponents because so much of our damage is telegraphed projectiles.

It's a burst meta with huge heals, and a lot of our damage is built around high sustained damage pressure and dots. Our burst is a slow projectile that can be dodged or blocked. I believe it's perfectly balanced, just can't really be compared to something like Curse.

Cloak is super buggy as always.

SNARES AND ROOTS ARE EVERYWHERE, and we have only mist form for a snare purge. Channeling mist is a huge release of pressure in combat, so that's not an option. Casting mist and immediately blocking is time consuming and clunky, often locking you in the animation, and weapon swap cancelling mist is not possible because it swaps your weapon twice for some reason... Mist just isn't a good snare removal for offensive mageblade. Like really, what are we supposed to do, cross our fingers that an overpriced Purge will hit just the 2 debuffs that we need, or sit there spamming cloak in place while snared down? Don't say shade. Shade is telegraphed and gives one poof, which requires time to prepare and relies heavily on LoS. To put it in perslective, shade is our Streak.

We got passed up for Major Mending, so any templar or DK outheals us, and we're supposed to be the sap healy class. Siphoning passives give mageblade +11-14% bonus healing received. Any more than that would require slotting 3 main bar siphoning abilities, which can be done but is pretty unrealistic. Mageblade is still pretty tanky -- I absolutely do not advocate giving mageblade Major Mending -- but we're not as durable as Templars and DKs by far.

With heavy armor buffs, transmutation, and prismatics being made massively available, dual wield mageblade, which is oriented around burst, struggles to keep damage on people. Also its sustain is low, making it kind of reliable on light armor passives. Heavy armor destro resto mageblade is super strong though.

For these external reasons, entire archetypes of mageblade have gone completely ignored. Refreshing Path is a fantastic ability. It goes unused not because it's bad but because mit doesn't fit in the current state of the game. Shade is impractical because of snares and cloak bugs. Dodge is cheap, so projectile based mageblades have to get in really close range. We're outhealed by 2/3 other classes, and mag sorcs have shields. Bursting people is harder now than it has ever been (not implying that is bad, just a fact).

Proxy was op, making stealth bombblade op. This was pretty much the only archetype of mageblade to thrive in the last several patches, and it was due to an op external mechanic. I made this video to show what it was capable of, in which I kill groups of a dozen or more and very literally one shot people single target with zero chance for either of them to react. Glad it finally got dealt with. Now we just need cloak bugs and overtuned sustain, healing, and snares to be addressed, and mageblade would be solid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLweA8IHBw
    Edited by KenaPKK on July 30, 2016 9:20PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´m running 5lich 3willp 4mag but as soon as someone uses mag cost increase poison it´s GG for me ._.
    I´m running oom with heavy attack hardened.
    Maybe I just haven't come across someone running poisons, or my recovery along with Lich proc is enough. I also bring plenty of potions wherever I go :)
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed several posts that were not contributing anything meaningful to this conversation. There's no need for personal attacks.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post