The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yet another "An error has occurred"

Alexium
Alexium
✭✭✭
Hello, fellow Tamrielians. I want to ask you for advice because Tech Support probably cannot help me. I think some of my Internet provider IP are banned or blocked on the route to game servers. Sometime I can't enter to the world but can select character. An error has occurred etc. I found that some IPs are work fine, but I can't change it manually because they are "gray" (same for many users). Sometime my router received fine address and all ok. I found also that using VPN service (example Tunnel Bear) fully eliminating problem. But this is a limited traffic... Any advices, friends?

P.S. My provider not provide "white" IP service for a time.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Have you tried contacting your ISP to ask them for help? If you explain you need these ports open for an online game, they may be able to help you. This article lists all the ports needed for each platform.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Contacted. Waiting answer from them. I send them your article about ports also. Can you provide me one or some EU server IP addresses for route testing or connection testing? Or this impossible by security reason?
    Edited by Alexium on July 21, 2016 5:53PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    You can use 195.122.154.1 for the EU server test. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    You can use 195.122.154.1 for the EU server test. :)

@ZOS_DaryaK I came here because I have same problem also. I wasn't sure if it was ok for me to do this also. But sure glad. I did. From doing this EU server test. I been getting around between 302.2 ms amd the highest ping I got was 477.4 ms.

I think this is why I keep freezing and getting kicked out of game alot. My internet provider won't be able to come until 1st week of the month to open the required ports. I tried my end but not work.

But thank you so much @ZOS_DaryaK . +1 for you :) For the time being though. Am I allowed to use a vpn? Which one will work on my PS4. If your allowed to say. Thanks a million also! You to OP! +1 for asking this question.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    ISP answered. They aren't have any problems. Even with a ports. They think some IPs are in the blacklist and recommend use "white" IP for test (can offer it for me now). I don't know what is blacklist. By ZOS? By other providers/servers? Never mind.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    How can I to check my IP for any blacklisting?
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    I found also I can enter to world on the PTS but can't do it on the Euro. Same IP.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alexium wrote: »
    How can I to check my IP for any blacklisting?

I'm not sure this will help. Was interesting for me as well. But confusing. First time hearing about blacklist. Learned something new. I unsure if this is correct though.

https://www.whatismyip.com/blacklist-check/
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    Checked most problem IP. It is really have more block records than "good IP". I'll think what are causing this problem.
    Edited by Alexium on August 15, 2016 5:59PM