The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magica templar you are the weakest link ."Good buy*

qrichou
qrichou
✭✭✭
patch nerf ,buff patch new gear it is useless if you aint got stamina .
I get stunned for 8 sec feared wb belyflopped by dyzingswing dragonleaped ambushed the all stun fear ground you for way to long .
Breakfree doesnt give immunity .
My magica is useless i still cannot get past froozen part in vma
I get rekt by lvl 27 dk .
Yes , im sick of promises not kept , the "MY HOUSE" bs
I was patient for way to long .
DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR 1 TIME AND GIVE US A REASON FOR PLAYING MAG TEMP
because its possible
  • Elevenstorm
    Elevenstorm
    ✭✭✭
    What?
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    What?

?
    because its possible
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know you don't need to put spaces before periods, right?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    gramerpolize much
    because its possible
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or commas for that matter.
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    But mag templar is fine lol
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Oke i feed you
    what if you stuffed it all where the sun dont shines .
    there , feel better?
    because its possible
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Good bye"

Magicka Templar is very strong in this patch, re-evaluate your gear and skills.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    ostrapz wrote: »
    But mag templar is fine lol

in pve but not in pvp
    because its possible
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ain't, I'm and don't are contractions, the joining of two words into one, and the point where the words are joined is denoted by an apostrophe.
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    Have you tried spamming radiant?

Though really, it has been my experience that magicka templar is still strong. Sure, it has been the "stamina patch" but that doesn't mean templar is weak.

VMA is meant to be difficult, you just have to keep trying and adapting to what you learn each time you die, and you will die A LOT. An acquaintance of mine died like 300+ times before he cleared it the first time, and now he hardly dies at all.

I don't play a templar, so I'm not really familiar with what ever game breaking nerf you claim they have received. Also, stamina management is something that all magicka users have to learn, and its definitely possible, and something worth practicing.

I think your build is just not working, and that you should try branching out and trying new set ups.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    "Good bye"

Magicka Templar is very strong in this patch, re-evaluate your gear and skills.

yes i can get my spell dmg up to 5266 ,but that is all useless if i am stunstacked feared petrefyed and belyfoppingfor 8 sec.
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Ain't, I'm and don't are contractions, the joining of two words into one, and the point where the words are joined is denoted by an apostrophe.

****of
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Marque wrote: »

Though really, it has been my experience that magicka templar is still strong. Sure, it has been the "stamina patch" but that doesn't mean templar is weak.

VMA is meant to be difficult, you just have to keep trying and adapting to what you learn each time you die, and you will die A LOT. An acquaintance of mine died like 300+ times before he cleared it the first time, and now he hardly dies at all.

I don't play a templar, so I'm not really familiar with what ever game breaking nerf you claim they have received. Also, stamina management is something that all magicka users have to learn, and its definitely possible, and something worth practicing.

I think your build is just not working, and that you should try branching out and trying new set ups.

It hits like a truck but 1 ambush and swallowsoul heavy. att "cheat* ( weaving / animation cancel) and fear (it. stacks) im a dead man walking , cant breakfree and if i can it give no immunity (bugged) .
    because its possible
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Cry much??
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    Cry much??

Keep it going bad comment are better then none .
    because its possible
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll leave the spelling and capitalization errors for another time, I can see you're frustrated. As for your topic:
    qrichou wrote: »

Well, this was the stamina balance patch, there are many good sets available for magicka templar.
    I get stunned for 8 sec feared wb belyflopped by dyzingswing dragonleaped ambushed the all stun fear ground you for way to long .

Immovable potions maybe? Block? You have options, but this really has nothing to do with magicka or templar.

Have not experienced this myself, but again, nothing to do with magicka or templar.

VMA is all about the mechanics, watch some videos of other magicka templars running it to get ideas.

L2P?

While I found the "protect this house" characterization humorous, things have been steadily getting better for templars. Our skills are less buggy, or are at least as buggy as everyone else's now. Our damage is solid, we have the most enviable execute in the game, etc. I have no trouble on my magicka templar main in PvE or PvP, at least no templar-specific trouble.

Is there some specific aspect of mageplar that you don't like, because it seems like you just don't like PvP.
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    Nightblades are very strong currently, and as a heavy armor magicka dk in pvp I can get shredded by them too. The key there is being able to out last them, because they are designed for quick fights not long ones. 5 light armor is like walking around with nothing but toilet paper wrapped around your body. When pvp'ing you need to be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Try immovable potions, and bring and extra friend or two than you normally would. Small group pvp is a blast anyway.

They aren't cheating, it has been stated by Zenimax officials that animation cancelling is a welcome side effect of combat mechanics, and it isn't as difficult to learn as it seems. There are video tutorials available on it to make it even easier. I don't think fear actually does stack. (Empirical evidence welcome on that.)

If you do have 5266 spell damage in pvp, then I sort of expect that you haven't intentionally built into survivability, and should try that because as you said yourself, damage is no good if you are dead before you can use it.
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking pvp, they are honestly best magicka class atm aside from sorcs and nightblade bombers. Dps magplars are really strong with tons of pressure and still heal to full with 2 bol. Tanky malubeth snb templars are really common right now and are great in groupplay when you need to focus down the healer but hes the tankiest thing in the fight
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    We'll leave the spelling and capitalization errors for another time, I can see you're frustrated. As for your topic:

Well, this was the stamina balance patch, there are many good sets available for magicka templar.

Immovable potions maybe? Block? You have options, but this really has nothing to do with magicka or templar.

Have not experienced this myself, but again, nothing to do with magicka or templar.

VMA is all about the mechanics, watch some videos of other magicka templars running it to get ideas.

L2P?

While I found the "protect this house" characterization humorous, things have been steadily getting better for templars. Our skills are less buggy, or are at least as buggy as everyone else's now. Our damage is solid, we have the most enviable execute in the game, etc. I have no trouble on my magicka templar main in PvE or PvP, at least no templar-specific trouble.

Is there some specific aspect of mageplar that you don't like, because it seems like you just don't like PvP.

i round it up for you ****of you had you chance .
    because its possible
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not entirely sure what you said, but magic templar is in probably the best spot it has ever been since launch. I believe stage 5 is the hardest in the arena, and it is by far the easiest on a magic templar. You stand there and press one button for 95% of it.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

L2P?

i round it up for you ****of you had you chance .

Well, I tried, best of luck to you.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It hits like a truck but 1 ambush and swallowsoul heavy. att "cheat* ( weaving / animation cancel) and fear (it. stacks) im a dead man walking , cant breakfree and if i can it give no immunity (bugged) .

So you have stacked Spell Damage and don't have enough stam to deal with cc... Nothing to do with ZOS or Mag Temp it is a L2P issue
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    I am not entirely sure what you said, but magic templar is in probably the best spot it has ever been since launch. I believe stage 5 is the hardest in the arena, and it is by far the easiest on a magic templar. You stand there and press one button for 95% of it.

unless you get stunned
    feared etc .
    because its possible
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka templar is plenty strong. We aren't -- and shouldn't -- be without vulnerabilities.

Buggy CC immunity is another issue altogether, not a new one, and not one limited to magplars.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all else fails...get Malubeth set. :D
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭

So you have stacked Spell Damage and don't have enough stam to deal with cc... Nothing to do with ZOS or Mag Temp it is a L2P issue

well as i stated magica is useless. . i picked a highelf for high magica but without stam your the weakest link hence my statement .
    because its possible
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've closed this thread as it clear that constructive discussion is no longer possible.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.