The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to change the CD-key bound to my account

colerend
colerend
Soul Shriven
Hi all,

I'm a new "player", quotations due to the fact that I have only played about 20minutes or so, let me explain why.

I bought the digital edition on Steam last weekend but quickly realized I "should have" bought the imperial edition. Thus I took advantage of the steam refund-policy, and re-bought the game's imperial edition instead (also on steam). Unfortunately I had already entered my cd-key in my account settings, thinking it was no big deal I tried to re-redeem my new cd-key to unlock the imperial race - but things have turned out to be not quite that easy...

It seems there is actually no way to alter the cd-key once I have redeemed it / bound it to my account? Trying to do so results in a "You do not qualify for this product" errormessage. I have of course created a ticket to helpdesk about the issue but so far I haven't heard pip from them. (I even tried calling and they were supposed to call me back but so far nothing)

So in short, I guess my question is basically: is it indeed impossible to change the cd-key of my account by myself? Or did I somehow manage to overlook the procedure on how to do this in my account settings?

FYI, my support-ticket for this issue is still alive and awaiting response...
Also FYI: Yes, I have thought of the possibility to create a new account and bind my new cd-key to that, but I certainly didn't expect this to take so long and since I usually don't play during the week anyway, I figured this last-resort would not be necessary. Now I'm starting to think I may have no other choice though...

Regards,
Cole

Best Answer

• ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you still haven't received a response on this matter, please leave the ticket number for the support issue so that we can check on the status of the issue.

Thanks
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓