The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New Hat In The Crown Store

Molag_Crow
Molag_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The Silvenari Felt Bycoket hat (from the crown store) is great, but why does it make my female character bald? :p:o
BKu6mn0.png

P.S can't wait til costume/hat dyes!

--ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
YoutTube ESO Playlist
The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
Be your true, authentic self.

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the hat needs ear holes
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Worst thing is, IT IS MADE FOR ELVES.

It LITERALLY says right there on the name and on the description that it is made for the Silvenar's Own Jaqspurs. THEY ARE WOOD ELVES. Why do elven ears CLIP?!

Yes I'm upset. I reported this on beta and I'm disappointed it wasn't fixed before being released.

Edited for auto correct being stupid. Twice.
    Edited by Abeille on June 30, 2016 5:44PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought my hair was tucked in. Would look better if it let our long hair flow free. Does it do the same on male characters?
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahah three people already beat me to it
    Edited by Xexpo on June 30, 2016 5:42PM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

It LITERALLY says right there on the name and on the description that it is made for the Silvenar's Own Jaqspurs. THEY ARE WOOD ELVES. Why do elven ears CLIP?!

Yes I'm upset. I reported this on beta and I'm disappointed it wasn't fixed before being released.

Edited for outocorrect being stupid.

Damn you, outocorrect! :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edited for outocorrect being stupid.

Damn you, outocorrect! :p

*Shakes fist in righteous indignation*

I can't win against it :(
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told myself I wouldn't...

But I bought the hat too!
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    5d574893c2.png

I was enjoying the look of mine until I noticed as well that it both clips horribly and makes my character bald. Please either cover the ears or add ear holes ZoS. I may or may not be trying to make her look a bit like windranger from dota 2.
    Edited by Deceptive_Yoshi on June 30, 2016 5:55PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that saves me to buy more crowns - this is exactly that type of work, where I will not pay a dime for - hair is not showing, ears clip - wtf.
    Edited by Lysette on June 30, 2016 5:51PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was excited when they made Cadwell's hat not chop my characters hair off, because I thought that perhaps it was fixed for all other helmets, but turns out no. But now that this has been pointed out, can we please make it so that all helmets and hats don't give our characters an unwanted shave when we wear them? :) I'd play the game with helmet not hidden more often if it didn't do this.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I was excited when they made Cadwell's hat not chop my characters hair off, because I thought that perhaps it was fixed for all other helmets, but turns out no. But now that this has been pointed out, can we please make it so that all helmets and hats don't give our characters an unwanted shave when we wear them? :) I'd play the game with helmet not hidden more often if it didn't do this.

Hm, one of my male characters has a mustache - and that one is still there, when he wears a helmet.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know right! ears clipping as well kinda shocked me, but I could live with them IF my hair showed... even if it gave me the same hair style as it does for Cadwell's pot.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    I know right! ears clipping as well kinda shocked me, but I could live with them IF my hair showed... even if it gave me the same hair style as it does for Cadwell's pot.

My elves have all very long and pointy ears - it would not look nice on them at all.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Glaiceana wrote: »

Hm, one of my male characters has a mustache - and that one is still there, when he wears a helmet.

I meant long hair, sorry should have said hair cut :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Well, that saves me to buy more crowns - this is exactly that type of work, where I will not pay a dime for - hair is not showing, ears clip - wtf.

I guess it is a way of looking at it :/

I wanted to buy it because it makes sense for my Bosmer to have it, as she is loyal to the Silvenar first and to the other leaders second. I could even stand her hair not showing (she uses the "By Kyne, it's Humid" hair style, so it wouldn't show right anyway), but the elven ears clipping is unacceptable.

Meet my characters:

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i never said "where is the LOL button" before, but the time has come.
    where is the LOL button?
    PC EU

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this intended?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

i never said "where is the LOL button" before, but the time has come.
    where is the LOL button?

I'm not sure if you are laughing at the ridiculousness of adding an elven hat that clips with elven ears, or mocking me for my hissy fit :P

Meet my characters:

• bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I thought my hair was tucked in. Would look better if it let our long hair flow free. Does it do the same on male characters?

Yh it does.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bedlom wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »

Yh it does.

I've yet to see how bad that looks on my long haired Altmer dude :cry:
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to address hair and ear clipping on these costumes. I had one of the skimpy little pajama outfits that made my elf hears shrink. If you zoomed in, they were still there just really small. I also hate that lots of costumes make my character look bald like you described.

Cadwell's hat turns my glorious beard into this nasty little neckbeard. I am sure its not trivial to fix, but do they even test this stuff before the sell it?
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 30, 2016 8:10PM
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest offenders are hats/helmets that shave my Khajiit's beard. Maybe there is some esoteric law in Tamriel that requires men be clean shaven when wearing hats.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lazy implementation as in those who say yes to rolling things out have no idea of what to check cause they don't play the game they work on.

It's an obvious thing that should not ever occur as all hats should be drawn with all hairstyles
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hat is all around pretty struggle imo and the ear clipping is just the icing ontop of the cake lol
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep also makes my male character look bald. Kinda unrealistic
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for Gaudy Circlets.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Yep also makes my male character look bald. Kinda unrealistic

Aww then I won't be wearing it on my Altmer guy :#
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know if this intended @ZOS_DaryaK ? :smile:
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We wanted to provide a little insight into hat and adornment types in ESO, and how they work.

In ESO, there are three types of hats. They are:
    • Hats that have a standard brim. These will retain your character’s chosen hair style, or a very close approximation of it. An example of this type of hat design is Cadwell’s Helm of Heroism.
    • Hats that cover the entire scalp. By design, these suppress hair styles and remove your character’s hair. An example of this type of hat design is the Silvenari Felt Bycoket.
    • Hats with a built-in hair style. These are elaborate and/or very small hats or crowns that come with an associated hair style, by design. When wearing one of these, your character’s hair style will be replaced with the built-in hair style that is associate with the specific hat.
    You’ve seen two of these hat types so far—the first and second ones. The third has yet to be introduced.

We are aware that ears are clipping through certain hats. That is a bug, and we’re working on a solution.

For adornments, there are now three different types, and you can equip all three types simultaneously. Here is a brief description of the three types:
    • Facial hair/eyelashes/natural growth. You can now equip different eyelash styles on your characters. Eyelashes and beards/horns are not compatible with each other, though, nor are horns and beards. You must choose one or the other in both cases.
    • Large adornments. These include adornments such as circlets, eyepatches, hair flowers.
    • Small jewelry. These include adornments such as earrings and facial piercings.
    We hope that helps. Please let us know if you have any questions, or suggestions for future hair styles and adornments!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on July 5, 2016 6:05PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah I see, thanks Jessica. So three types of hats.. well, I am already getting used to the Silvenari Felt hat's bald/short hair on my male Altmer, just not so much on my female Bosmer. At least not all hats will hide hair though. Looking forward to the third type of hat. :sunglasses:

The felt hat is so nice, reminds me of the iconic Robin hood hat from back in my Runescape days lol. Wish it didn't make our character's hair short though... but I guess it's difficult to alter the hair around it, or? I have no idea myself. :confused:

Edited by Molag_Crow on July 5, 2016 6:19PM
    YoutTube ESO Playlist