Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can not invite my friend ingame

Lagencie
Lagencie
He created his character back at release and his name is Gànón - so i guess it might be because of the `´ over the a and o ... he can invite me, but i cant invite him.

is this going to get fixed? or wont i just be able to invite him for the rest of the time
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the Console, do you Friend someone with the Gamer Tag or the Character Name? Or is it Both?

Is Ganon his Gamer Tag or Character Name? If it is his Character Name, couldn't he roll a quick character with a different name, then you friend that character, then you should be friends.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lagencie
    Lagencie
    I have him added as friend since release

It doesnt work either way, nor over the friendlist, nor ingame when meeting right in person
  • Lagencie
    Lagencie
    ... Is this Derek some kind of Joke Master??

Response to my ticket prior this problem: "Thank you for getting back to us, however we have no further troubleshooting to offer for your issue."

Its a simple question ... are there á ó allowed in the names, or is this the Problem why i cant invite my friend??
  • Lagencie
    Lagencie
    Lagencie wrote: »
    ... Is this Derek some kind of Joke Master??

Response to my ticket prior this problem: "Thank you for getting back to us, however we have no further troubleshooting to offer for your issue."

Its a simple question ... are there á ó allowed in the names, or is this the Problem why i cant invite my friend??

@ZOS_DaryaK - Might it be possible to root this forward to the development section, if it is not possible to invite player with á or à in their names? This is a big problem, as i can not party up with my mate - for me its bad i cant play with him - but for him its even worse, as he can not get a party invite to any group at all. He made this character right after Release, so this might have gotten changed, so this Name isnt supported by the game anymore / in the code it refuses it.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    You should be able to invite players with special characters in their names; however sometimes those characters do get bugged and require a rename. Ideally, your friend should actually submit a ticket so our support team can investigate the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post