The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Cyrodiil Town Capture

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Cyrodiil Town Capture system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What are your thoughts on the new Cyrodiil Town Capture system?
  • How many players were you able to capture a town with?
  • Did you feel that the rewards were worthwhile? If not, what would you change?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - wrong topic -
    Edited by ManDraKE on June 28, 2016 3:23PM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guards are being killed by npc/roaming monsters in the 3 towns. You have to fix that.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Guards are being killed by npc/roaming monsters in the 3 towns. You have to fix that.
    Did they not remove the monsters from those towns ?That doesn't make any bit of since and if roaming monster are killing the guards.they should buff the guards.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Did they not remove the monsters from those towns ?That doesn't make any bit of since and if roaming monster are killing the guards.they should buff the guards.

To be honest, that is pretty rad. I really hope the guards and monsters get buff's. I wanna see npc's that have lots of health. I want town capture to be very hard for small scale to capture it. Which means defending a town with small numbers against a zerg would be possible.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 28, 2016 3:57PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please put stamina on Ravager set ring/amulet from epic bags from town vendors please ? Dunno why you threw in hitpoints instead, but it's not good for dps.

Thanks.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What are your thoughts on the new Cyrodiil Town Capture system?

Fanctastic!

They also bring back 'blood porting' to the game but in a more controlled manner. This makes the towns actually quite important to hold and not let people flag them. Eg. If AD holds Bruma you can suicide at Bloodmayne lumbermill and respawn up at Bruma and jump straight into the action at bleakers between the EP and DC. It's very easy for the town to be 'flagged' though and prevent spawning there so I think it is balanced.

It will improve scroll runs by having another spawn point further up the map making it easier to intercept the enemies while they are running your scroll back to their side of the map.

How many players were you able to capture a town with?

The town is very easy to solo if you are a geared player. You can cap all 3 flags just in time before the first flag respawns, the guards do repawn pretty fast though, but they are pretty fast to kill. Mind you this is without enemy players. I don't think the NPC's should be made too annoying or it will take away from some of the fun fights you might have there. They should be slightly harder to kill but avoid annoying CC's like negate etc.

Did you feel that the rewards were worthwhile? If not, what would you change?

Getting the pvp gear in jewlery etc is really good.

You get offence and defence ticks which is awesome. I love fighting in the towns as it is a change in environment, it's great for taking a scroll to.

Now you can get defence ticks from doing this: https://youtu.be/5vJkEnYXYgU

Overall I'm really looking forward to some interesting fights around these towns.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on June 29, 2016 1:47PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is exciting and will hopefully bring some small scale back to the game and maybe give us something else to do besides roll out of bombard every second.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is a fun adition. Though it might be a "hit or miss" for small scale pvp mainly because there's some travel distance to get to town which can be further aggravated if your faction doesn't control any of the nearby keeps. IC offers a quicker fix to small scale pvp because it resumes fights in a couple of loadscreens. Secondly the place is going to get zerged frequently because the towns offer a close respawn to all the tedious keeps (DC, Brindle). But all in all it will add a new flavor to AvA too and I think that's a nice small change because you might alert others that you're going to those keeps if you flag the town before sieging the keep or you might take over the town after the keep for a faster travel to those keeps in case they are attacked by other factions.

The town's map icon flags once you have a 50% on the first flag, giving other people plenty of time to notice someone is capturing a town. IIRC you don't get assault buff (don't remember the name of the passive) until you fully capture a town.
    So the logical order would be to take the hardest flag first, make people notice and travel there and possibly fight when you are on the easiest flag. This is assuming the town is empty which I don't think is gonna be the case, I think towns are gonna be filled with gankers/campers.

One thing to notice is that you can capture a town but the guards roaming the town will spawn as they do now on live: according to which faction is holding the nearest keep. So technically you don't really capture the town, you capture the town's flags. So the flags' guards can be of one faction and the guards roaming the town can be of another faction. I'd suggest to change this to have consistency with the System's name: "Cyrodiil Town Capture".

I was able to capture a town solo and killed another solo player in the process. So I believe it's completely doable as a solo player but if you add the flags' guards, the town's guards and 1 or 2 gankers you have a chance of waste your time traveling there.

The purple boxes might be a good thing for those looking forward to fill those sets but the layers of RNG (right piece + right trait) don't make it appealing in my personal case. I'd probably change the price a little bit, since changing the box system itself is not likely to happen.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. NPC guards are just unnoticable and can't do anything. It equal to come on flag and simply ignore them as they are zero threat even for low levels.
    2. Vlastarus and Cropsford need some more textures of barricades. Just like in Bruma where flag barricades with combination of city style itself made it best city for kiting zergs coz there is tons of places there where you can easily break LoS. Impossiblte to do same in other cities except using houses, so except Bruma it is easy for zergs to steamroll other two cities making it harder for small-scale groups to fight there.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guards need a boost and more damage . The system is fun though and it's nice to have new areas to check for respawning .
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Cyrodiil Town Capture system. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:

[*] How many players were you able to capture a town with?

The NPC guards are soloable, which is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's nice that a single player can take control of a town and feel like they've made an impact in Cyrodiil, but, on the other hand, if the guards aren't much of an issue for a single player, then a zerg will be able to completely steamroll them, making them no help to outnumbered defenders. There really needs to be a system in place where a solo player or small group can easily take a city while a large group (10-12+) will have a difficult time, otherwise the cities well become just as zergy as everywhere else.

[*] Did you feel that the rewards were worthwhile? If not, what would you change?

The new armor sets are interesting, but it's got way, way too much RNG involved (trying to get the right piece AND the right trait) for me to even bother. I'd strongly suggest cutting down on the RNG by removing certain traits from the loot table (Training and Prosperous should never, ever be on end-game gear.)

Also, what happens in a month or two after the cities are introduced, when everybody has the pieces they want? What's the incentive to keep coming back to the cities (PVPers have no interest in the repeatable PVE quests in the cities, especially if there's little chance of finding PVP along the way)? I'd suggest adding in a useful consumable (maybe a new siege weapon? maybe crafting materials?) to the vendors in the cities, in order to keep people coming back.

[*] What are your thoughts on the new Cyrodiil Town Capture system?

Honestly, I feel like it's going to be another system that won't really add to the game. You guys have done this before with capturable districts in Imperial City, where you caused the districts to become a zergfest for two weeks and then a ghost town from there on out, while completely killing any action in the sewers (as the districts are a much better place to farm stones.) I predict everybody will rush to the cities for a week or two, buy all of the gear that they want, and then the cities will go back to being largely ignored.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on June 29, 2016 3:57PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With regards to Vlastarus (since that's where I went today):
    • If your alliance is not in control of the central flag, it is virtually impossible to get to the PvE quest givers, as the guards on the flag will detect you as you approach the doors. As for the quest giver that's right next to the flag, forget about it.
    • As luen79rwb17_ESO said above, the guards patrolling the village are of the same alliance as the controller of Castle Brindle, rather than the controller of Vlastarus. This leads to altercations between the patrolling guards and the flag guards when they are not of the same alliance.
    • It might be more interesting if the flags were further apart.
    You can cap all 3 flags just in time before the first flag respawns,
    @IxSTALKERxI So if you're not quick enough, the first flag will flip back to the previous owner? What's the time frame on that?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    [*] As luen79rwb17_ESO said above, the guards patrolling the village are of the same alliance as the controller of Castle Brindle, rather than the controller of Vlastarus. This leads to altercations between the patrolling guards and the flag guards when they are not of the same alliance.

The same exact issue occurred in Cropsford where the flag guards were EP but the patrolling guards were AD. At the time, I thought it was intended ... but seeing this post above maybe it isn't. Can we get @ZOS_BrianWheeler or someone on the PvP Team to weigh in ... just when you have a chance?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 30, 2016 12:04AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The Idea is really cool, yet i think together we can develope a even better version :)

I could solocapture the Town with Purple PvE Gear 300 CP. I would love to see some strong guards or a "HERO of Town" Guard which is hard to kill alone :)

I suppose we are talking about the Gear? The gear itself is nice, yet needs some improvement.
    1. Heavy Armor jewelry should be available in Robust/Healthy/Arcane traits to ensure a wider variety of cool combos.
    2. RNG is again at its best with those, remove useless traits like Prosperous, Training, and charged, this will reduce the ragequit rage by 20%.
    Edited by Alcast on June 30, 2016 3:56PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    The guards from opposing Alliances patrolling in enemy held towns is currently as we designed it to bring a little "life" to Cyrodiil towns, much like how guards and Dremora NPCs fight in Bruma.

There has always been a request for having more "visible fights" between the alliances and while this is a very small skirmish in the grand scheme, we liked how this plays out as the guards of the towns always kill off any would be enemy attacker NPCs. It also gives a further benefit of Alliance patrols in these towns if you capture the nearby Keeps and capture the towns.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    The Idea is really cool, yet i think together we can develope a even better version :)

I could solocapture the Town with Purple PvE Gear 300 CP. I would love to see some strong guards or a "HERO of Town" Guard which is hard to kill alone :)

I like this idea and I already can see the headlines on the Cropsford Newspaper Scroll:

Local boy makes it! "Hoping to make a big difference in the Alliance War and bring honor to my hometown!"

6 hours later the guy has 250 obituaries.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guards from opposing Alliances patrolling in enemy held towns is currently as we designed it to bring a little "life" to Cyrodiil towns, much like how guards and Dremora NPCs fight in Bruma.

There has always been a request for having more "visible fights" between the alliances and while this is a very small skirmish in the grand scheme, we liked how this plays out as the guards of the towns always kill off any would be enemy attacker NPCs. It also gives a further benefit of Alliance patrols in these towns if you capture the nearby Keeps and capture the towns.

Thanks, Brian!

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good to me! Anything for a bit of NPC AvA conflict. While you're here, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, any idea when we can see your responses to the Imperial City Q & A thread? Thanks!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    You can cap all 3 flags just in time before the first flag respawns,
    @IxSTALKERxI So if you're not quick enough, the first flag will flip back to the previous owner? What's the time frame on that?

Yes. I havn't actually timed it but the guards spawn quite quickly, like only a few minutes, and standing on a flag by yourself takes a little while to flip.

NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I suppose we are talking about the Gear? The gear itself is nice, yet needs some improvement.
    1. Heavy Armor jewelry should be available in Robust/Healthy/Arcane traits to ensure a wider variety of cool combos.
    2. RNG is again at its best with those, remove useless traits like Prosperous, Training, and charged, this will reduce the ragequit rage by 20%.

Good post. My only question is: What ideas do you have to make it better?
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its Great Its nice its something added But the proximity of the towns need to be looked at 1 town if in say EP hands can hit Brindle,Roe, Faregyle and BlackBoot the other town east can Hit Alessia (bridge crossing) Faregyle(bridge crossing) Bloodmane and 1 non AD keep Drake. Seems AD set up to have to play defense.

Now that single keep way up north Yep it can Hut Dragonclaw (lol) Alswell hey a out post Bleakers then use mill gate to hit Chalmans sure with a stretch Dagger Glade and Eps Kingscrest but this is already in there hot attack zone of Alswell back to Chalman Nothing new or dynamic has been added to shake up the top of the map.

It looks like Dagger can post guerrilla warfare all over the map

Zeni take a look at your placement and shake this up
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Guards attacking others can cause some bugs like:
    Bruma Rangers using their aoe attacks to kill Dremoras walking in Bruma, but this aoe attacks aggroing Alliance Guards, forcing them to fight each other, and since both can't be killed - they fight endlessly.
    Here is endless fight of Pact Flag defenders vs Bruma Ranger:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZfCI__kIQ&feature=youtu.be
    Edited by Cinbri on July 1, 2016 7:55PM
  • Pr0jektile
    Pr0jektile
    ✭✭✭
    I may be missing something, here. Is this only currently available on PTS? I did not notice anything like this on XB1/NA yet.
    It is not your ability, so much as your willingness to do what is right that will set you apart from the rest.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pr0jektile wrote: »
    I may be missing something, here. Is this only currently available on PTS? I did not notice anything like this on XB1/NA yet.
    @Pr0jektile Yes. This is the feedback thread for the current PTS, and Town Capture will be coming to the Live servers with Update 11 (August 1st on PC, August 16th on console).
  • Pr0jektile
    Pr0jektile
    ✭✭✭
    @Projektile Yeah, idiot. Didn't you read the thread?
    It is not your ability, so much as your willingness to do what is right that will set you apart from the rest.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this mechanic is fantnastic!

updating the pvp sets to 160 and making them in every slot is fantastic!

rng, i know you love it zos but your the only one: not fantastic.

i will tell it to you strait, you broke this game's trait balance with overpowered critical chance; 40-50% crit rating while not even building for crit! ITS OBSCENE, but you cant change it because some fanboys would probably have a mental break down. Good news, you added a check and balance: impenetrable trait. with crit so strong in pvp you simply need to have impenetrable trait on most of your gear to not melt like butter.

you: Dylan your in the wrong tread :wink:

well no actually. :blush:
    ALL PVP SETS FROM THE NEW PVP VENDOR SHOULD COME IN ALL IMPEN SO WE CAN ACTUALLY USE THEM TO PVP
    the new vendor doing rng for each slot is fine but if its not impen its not usable.
    PLEASE do it like the monster helm vendor where the ap versions give only impen.
    the patch offers build diversity then immediatly says lol just kidding; you better have 2 million ap to burn on getting one set in impenetrable.
    Edited by dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO on July 2, 2016 2:40AM
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello again.

capture system is well needed and appreciated.

as geared 500cp could solo it. but was hard because captured resources could actually flip back on their own if you wernt fast eonugh turning all three. seems good. the only thing that seemed totally off was enemy solders continually spawning even after owning the town.

rewards. please read my previous post. 100 times.
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭

I like the idea of this new mechanic. I hope that if this feature is successful that more town based features will be implemented. I am definitely for using more of the map.

I logged on and capped Bruma this morning. It took about 6 minutes. 2 of those minutes were spent looking for the flags. It would be nice if they had a more visual color beacon than what they have now. Some of the guards i didn't even have to fight. They stood on one side of a flag and I stood on the other. Capped just like that.

When I did fight guards they were far to weak. The guards either need to be buffed to make town capping a challenge, or they need to be abandoned all together so the burden of protection is solely in player hands. There also seems to be a bug with the guards not despawning after you've captured a town. I ran into a pack of Pact guards in an AD captured town. They were literally patrolling into AD guards, fighting them for a few minutes and then walking away. The endless loop was pretty jarring.

I like the rewards. I wish all the gear pieces were strictly Impen though. A lot of these sets are made for PvP, and until traits outside of Impen are made competitive they should be Impen only. The weapon traits are fine. Going to definitely be dumping my AP into bags for Charged weapons of my favorite sets. The Hews bane weapons appear to avoid the charged trait but I really like the enchantment buffs.

This all being said I'm not sure that one town should specialize in only one set of gear. With the way the map is sliced up this leaves one town that each faction will have a nightmare getting to. I don't think any faction should have to stomp a campaign to have access to a PvP vendor. While this won't effect me personally as DC has equal opportunity to both medium and heavy armor towns, I imagine this is going to suck for some people.

**********************************************************************************************

Are there going to be anymore PvP set balance passes?
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭

another joke of a idea for pvp

bravo i applaud the wreckless thinking the. pvp team puts out.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its Great Its nice its something added But the proximity of the towns need to be looked at 1 town if in say EP hands can hit Brindle,Roe, Faregyle and BlackBoot the other town east can Hit Alessia (bridge crossing) Faregyle(bridge crossing) Bloodmane and 1 non AD keep Drake. Seems AD set up to have to play defense.

Now that single keep way up north Yep it can Hut Dragonclaw (lol) Alswell hey a out post Bleakers then use mill gate to hit Chalmans sure with a stretch Dagger Glade and Eps Kingscrest but this is already in there hot attack zone of Alswell back to Chalman Nothing new or dynamic has been added to shake up the top of the map.

It looks like Dagger can post guerrilla warfare all over the map

Zeni take a look at your placement and shake this up

another joke of a idea for pvp

bravo i applaud the wreckless thinking the. pvp team puts out.

Yep Ill agree as well don't think it was thought thru but the real oddity is how excited everyone is just over the gear vendors(something that could be added to home base if you secure the area) I took a look and I see the points @zos needs to re position the city's equal distance Or even re change the map face of Cryo I think at this point its cart before the horse.