The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Official Feedback Thread for New Monster Masks & Item Sets (Dungeons)

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the new Monster Mask Sets and six new item sets that you can get from the Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun dungeons (Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack.) Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • What did you think of the two new Monster Mask Sets and six new item sets that you can get from the Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun dungeons?
  • Did you encounter any issues with the two new Monster Mask Sets and/or six new item sets?
  • Are these sets ones you would consider wearing on the live servers?
  • Do you have any additional feedback and/or opinions?
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is quite hard to test these when templates don't have the new item sets (or the upgraded old ones).

Just made a template character on PTS & realized they have the exact same gear as in Dark Brotherhood PTS.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    It is quite hard to test these when templates don't have the new item sets (or the upgraded old ones).

Just made a template character on PTS & realized they have the exact same gear as in Dark Brotherhood PTS.

Came here to post this.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I will never understand Zos. How can you test the new gear sets without having them? This is how bugs enter live, such as the Vicecannon DoT breaking any Nightblades cloak for 15 seconds.....
    PS4 NA DC
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just downloaded and logged on to look at the new sets... oh

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom - was not providing the new sets intended?
    Edited by Panth141 on June 27, 2016 9:32PM
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay glad I'm not the only one. was looking around like a maniac for the sets.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As soon as the PTS is finished (1.3GB remaining) I will post images of all the new sets in a fresh thread, keep an eye out, unless someone beats me to it! :smile:.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    As soon as the PTS is finished (1.3GB remaining) I will post images of all the new sets in a fresh thread, keep an eye out, unless someone beats me to it! :smile:.

@Paulington

You'll have to go and grind them out, first!
    Edited by Panth141 on June 27, 2016 9:44PM
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

@Paulington

Nope, you can datamine (or use addons) and find any set or item available in the game, they'll be up within 10 minutes of me getting the PTS downloaded.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paulington

Nope, you can datamine (or use addons) and find any set or item available in the game, they'll be up within 10 minutes of me getting the PTS downloaded.

You are a special kind of hero, sir!
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made a thread about the new dungeon sets, hoping others would post pics of them slowly as they are acquired. Since @Paulington can just datamine them....

Please post those sets! :)
    Edited by Vaoh on June 27, 2016 9:56PM
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres a stam DPS monster set. but no Magicka DPS. I is sad =[
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Paulington

Here's a list in case you plan on uploading all of them:
    • Yokeda
    • Aether
    • Ophidian
    • Akaviri Dragonguard
    • Nikulas
    • Red Mountain
    • Salvation
    • Silks of the Sun
    • Syrabane’s Grip
    • Darkstride
    • Ice Furnace
    • Necromancer
    • Necropotence
    • Storm Knight
    • Stygian
    • Warlock
    • Archer's Mind
    • Destruction Master
    • Footman
    • Healer
    • Master Weapons

+
    Six new sets from two new dungeons & 2 undaunted sets.

Keep up the good work :star:
  • AkaiShy
    AkaiShy
    Soul Shriven
    Got set piece after soloing normal dungeon first boss
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Why not post info about the sets you are requesting feedback on? Thankfully players will pick up the slack and post the info...
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Please take another look/pass at your update to Stygian. If the set remains medium then even with two daggers (which is still a hit since you only gain weapon crit from the dual wield passive) you cripple yourself with 4L 3M. A stamina user has no use for the the 5th piece bonus.

It makes much more sense to change this set to a light armor set. Change the weapons from daggers to swords.

Or add jewelry so a magicka user could go 5L 2M.

This set is perfect for a magick melee NB. I can't see anybody bothering with it as is.
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    Silks of the sun set feedback:
    Talking about using it on fire mage dragonknight, as i think it was intended

Back when we had v14 as max level, we didn't have much of strong sets, and Sun was the best with its 5% percentage bonus.
    With new updates, we got new sets that are used: julianos, infallible aether, moondancer, twice-born star (started to be used after thief and shadow mundus change)

On quick calculation, it loses a lot for use as main set (look at twice born: same hp and mag, then sun gives you 529 spell damage, and twice born gives you 0.18 crit modifier from shadow mundus which is almost TWICE better with common crit chance of ~66%), and It barely beats infallable aether on non-boss targets, if you are to use it as 2nd set (jewelry + 2 piece) But when you get to the boss, and minor slayer starts to work and destroys Sun set.
    For silks of the sun set to be on par with already availabe sets (not better than them) you need to DOUBLE last bonus. In it's current state, it will probably have no use even for flame mages, and for sure for noone else.
    Or, which will be more interesting, the last bonus can work like Toxic Defiance set, increasing each flame damage tick by raw amount.
    Edited by Stillian on June 28, 2016 1:42AM
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, silks of the sun is a pretty lackluster set now.
    Healer's habit also is a trash set now.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Stillian
    Stillian
    ✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Yeah, silks of the sun is a pretty lackluster set now.
    Healer's habit also is a trash set now.

Healer's habit will serve purpose of maximising healing output, which will have use in builds aiming that. Sun set doesnt serve its purpose, since it doesnt boost flame damage any better than current sets.
    Elitist Scum Guild PC EU
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amberplasm set.
    I'm sorry, but this is just lol. I had to read it twice to make sure it has STAMINA recovery. Could you just swap it with magicka recovery or spell damage, or something?
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Update all the old hybrid sets like Stygian and ice furnace
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Are these sets ones you would consider wearing on the live servers?
    [*] Do you have any additional feedback and/or opinions?
    [/list]

Based on the datamines info only:

I would not consider either monster helm. Stamina DPS may like Velidreth. Haj Mota buffs resist, but that's already very easy to get maxxed out. We really need a 1 piece magicka regen helm.

Mazzatun: Very underwhelming with that 45 second proc.
    Amberplasm: Interesting set. I could see it on a magicka tank. But possibly of more use in PVP where extra stamina is more important to magicka users and they could get it without sacrificing magicka buffs, so having it drop in a trial seems out of place.
    Heem Jas: seems appropriate for dungeons and trials butmwill need to be tested
    Mephalas Hand: Possibly a good set for NB and Templar tanks to aid in controlling mobs. But if it doesn't work on bosses, I wouldn't use it.
    Gossamer: Very likely the most interesting and useful set.
    Widowmaker: The tooltip is too vague. What's "nearby?"
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amberplasm set.
    I'm sorry, but this is just lol. I had to read it twice to make sure it has STAMINA recovery. Could you just swap it with magicka recovery or spell damage, or something?

It gets magicka AND stam recovery as the 5th bonus.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Amberplasm set.

It gets magicka AND stam recovery as the 5th bonus.

I know, I'm not blind. I mean the 2nd stamina recovery bonus makes no sense.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any links to a list of the new sets information?
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want people to test every set, you need to give them every set with the template character.
    People will still run the new dungeons to see what they are like and test the mechanics and difficulty.
    They aren't going to run them over and over to get the drops they need to test 5pc bonus on every set.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the looks of rhe dps set but other than burst dmg in pvp I think skoria nerien[eth will be dominant in pve inless they reduce the cooldown to 5 or 6 sec.

10 seconds is way to much time for only 30k dmg
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zos

also the set that boosts dmg 25%, does this set impact healing as well, also does the affect stack?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sets from PvE that perfectly beneficts for PvP... Oh, yeee. This will be lovely DLC.
    If sets have jewel parts i will definetly collect and wear them all.
    As magicka user not gona comment stamina sets.
    Gossamer - have same tooltip as Spellcure so it will proc for caster too seems. Mostly benefit for magicka templars and cover their weakness. It will be like pvp version of spellcure - must have in pvp for group support.
    Mephala Hand - AoE CC+damage+debuff heavy armor is what any pvp tank could dream about.
    Amberplasm - it will be perfect for 1vX or small-scale in pvp, especially on azura.
    Mazzatun - for me it will be most valuable set as it looks like triple impoved Warlock: just must have for any small-scaler or solo pvper.
    Still we need boxes containing those new sets, without it we can only theorycrafting, and such thing is not always true.
    P.S.: Monster masks from magicka user point of view: obsolete trash, definetly won't use none of those new monster sets. If instead of Major Armor buffs it gave flat armor buffs that can be stacked, than somehow Haj Mota had some value.
    Thought that monster sets should be universal and neutral and valuable for both magicka and stamina builds, but 1pc Weapon Bonus clearly states that Velidreth is only for stamina users.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 28, 2016 5:54AM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Red Mountain set. This is a stamina set and should therefore have Poison/Disease damage as 5th Bonus. Flame damage is for magicka users but most of the other Bonuses def indicate it is a Stamina set. Also the 3rd Bonus Spelldamage should be changed to Stamina Bonus.

So my Suggestions:
    3rd Bonus change it to Extra Stamina
    5th Bonus change the Flame damage to Poison Damage

2762fe1497.jpg
    Edited by Alcast on June 28, 2016 8:58AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot