The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 11 & Shadows of the Hist Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Update 11 is filled with new systems, features, and content, including the new Shadows of the Hist dungeons. We’re excited for you to dive in and share your feedback! Below are some suggestions on where to focus your testing, plus specific feedback we’re looking for. To aid in testing, we’ve provided four pre-made templates. In addition, we’ve copied all PC/Mac North American megaserver characters (the copy was performed on the morning of June 27) and will be doing a PC/Mac European megaserver character copy in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance!

TESTING SUGGESTIONS
  • Visit Shadowfen and team up with three friends to take on the two new dungeons, Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun. (Bonus for doing both Normal and Veteran modes!)
  • Try out the new item sets and Monster Mask sets from Cradle of Shadows and Ruins of Mazzatun.
  • Change your character’s name, race, and/or appearance.
  • Fight with the new racial passives.
  • Gather a group and try to defeat the improved trials and the Dragonstar Arena on Normal or Veteran difficult modes.
  • Perfect your character’s look by buying new hair and adornments, and combining the new customization options!
  • Dye your costumes–either with Dyes Stamps or with the free option available to ESO Plus members. (Please note, you have to be an ESO Plus member on the Live servers in order to be able to test ESO Plus-exclusive features.)
  • Team up with your alliance and capture a town in Cyrodiil.
  • Venture into the Imperial City and try out the new death respawn timer.

FEEDBACK WANTED
Please post your feedback for the following systems and features in their respective discussion thread, linked below.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bosmer seemed to have been dumped on a little. They should have either gotten some max stamina or maybe potion extention/cooldown to make them compete with redguard stamina master race.

too much reason to go redguard, not enough reason to choose other classes. :(
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    no feedback thread for the "partial" console text chat thats on pts?
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Sets are not aviable on template, so we can not test any of the new or updated sets.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great job on class balancing, Some minor buffs and no nerfs!
  • Valorin
    Valorin
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: I just added the same feedback to the official feedback threads. You might want to delete this post.

I tried around a lot with the new style stuff and tokens.

First things first: I love that you made hairstyles/bodypaints/beards and all available anytime and not part of the appearance change token thingie.

These are the things I tripped over while trying around:
    - I noticed that the character resets to the default position with every change I make during character creation or when trying to change it with the tokens.
    - The lighting during character changing is _much_ better than during character creation, where the blue light of Coldharbour falsifies colours a lot. Options for changing lighting/background during character creation would be awesome.
    - I love some of the new hairstyles, others look a bit like plastic. I also wonder why there is no simple hair-out-of-face tail hairstyle, and why many hairstyles are genderspecific without an obvious reason (plain long hair is only for males, for example). I'd love a free for all here.
    - There are two new beards, both pretty extreme. I wonder why you didn't include the beards you can choose at character creation and perhaps a few more simple beards. Beards are awesome, you know?
    - Seperating Khajiit/argonian fur/scale patterns and body paint would be absolutely awesome...
    - Seperating eyepads and beards to be able to have both in the same time would be absolutely awesome too...

Edit:
    - Body markings on vampires are still faded. Isn't it possible to put the body markings on the top layer so it doesn't look like painted over with vampire paleness?

Edited by Valorin on June 29, 2016 3:03PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow tabards over the top of costumes
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Ludof
    Ludof
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I tested:

-Cradle of Shadows is ok though I think that Velidreth set helps a lot just stamina dps.
    -Ruins of Mazzatun is ok but Haj Mota is just crap like it is.
    -New Monster Mask Sets & Item Sets (Dungeons) are almost useless (except Amberplasm maybe). I appreciated how you changed Silk of Sun. No point to nerf Footman and Healer set like that.
    Personally I wouldn't pay to have such a worthless DLC (2 Dungeon with useless sets), not even to do gold key: it would be a waste of money.

-Racial Passive Balance: Argonian is totally wothy now. The already powerful Khajit got buffed. So what about Nord...it's a shame to have a class that can just be a decent PvE Tank.
    -Cyrodiil Town Capture: Flags need to be harder to be taken, simply too easy.
    -Dragonstar Arena Scaling: Now it's a little bit challenging (ofc better than before when you mindlessy used to erase all bosses), but I think that basic mechanics of Bosses shouldn't be skipped because of high dps.
    -Appearance & Race Change: it's working fine.

[EP-EU]
    [Cloud Chasers]
    Ludof - Dragonknight EP
    Ludo-Fly-High - Warden DC
    Irenilde Bantrel - Templar EP
    Edd Bastian - Sorcerer EP
    Lvdof - Templar EP
    Nadia Brown - Templar EP
    Ludof Shadowblade -Nightblade EP
    Lùdof- Templar DC
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not a fan of the khajiit changes. They are my primary race and they are in a good spot right now. We all know max stamina is more for damage, only a few of my characters gain even a single skill use from the pool size increase, but with the loss of health regen.. Khajiit are just stronger bosmer and no longer provide the entirety of the AD faction a race with health regen. If this change were reverted than every faction would have a health regen race, and bosmer would be able to provide something unique that would no longer be infringed on.
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    Still not a fan of the khajiit changes. They are my primary race and they are in a good spot right now. We all know max stamina is more for damage, only a few of my characters gain even a single skill use from the pool size increase, but with the loss of health regen.. Khajiit are just stronger bosmer and no longer provide the entirety of the AD faction a race with health regen. If this change were reverted than every faction would have a health regen race, and bosmer would be able to provide something unique that would no longer be infringed on.

Coming from a man with four Orcs- Health Regen is a terrible racial and if anything Khajiit should be nerfed. There was a patch where they increase altmer max magicka and bosmer's stam and people raged. Why is a class with max crit and stam regen receiving max stam? This is one of the best stam classes as is and will be the best in the next patch. I do like the changes to nord and orc but Khajiit does not need the buff. Maybe provide 9 percent stam to orc and nord which would help since they do not receive any regen passives like red guard and khajiit. I will say all my orcs with exception of my main will be growing a tail for the next patch if that change is confirmed
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The max stam is good for pvp khajiit, but they need to nerf the critical bonus because this race is already the strongest in pve.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    The max stam is good for pvp khajiit, but they need to nerf the critical bonus because this race is already the strongest in pve.

Sure, and make them more like bosmer. This is why I don't like the change. Either revert the passive change (which is what I would hope for), or khajiit get nerfed in areas that made them different than bosmer, leaving the two races almost identical.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

- I think Khajit is very good now. But u need to give other races usefull passive like khajit

Ex--- High elf: %6 magic damage
    Breton : %3 magic damage + %9-12 magice cost reduce
    Dark Elfs: Seems good dont sure exactly
    İmperial : %9 magicka regen can be good

Master weapons: most of them are weak - Destro staff , Daggers, great swords definetly need buff

i still keep testing:)
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch 2.5.1:
    1. Varen Legacy still have same bugs: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/275575/varen-legacy-set-bugs#latest
    2. Light armor Xit-Xaht legs don't have dye, instead it applyinmg dye of chest.
  • Vudokan
    Vudokan
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike the way bonuses are affecting healers with this update. As a Breton healer, I feel forced to play an Argonian for the 12% bonus, and I don't want to play a lizard.
  • Tiny_Templar
    Tiny_Templar
    Soul Shriven
    I love the race/name/appearance change - definitely worth the wait.

The new hairstyles are great too, but with the style parlour I'm sure we'll find there are some players who want the options to be gender fluid.

Also the personalities are fab, I personally love the drunk personality - and it would be good to slowly build up a library of personalities so that each character is unique. I'd love to see a shy or clumsy personality, that would suit me and my main character so well.
    Shaetha - Little Wood Elf Shaetha was born in Falenesti. Unlike many of her Bosmer peers, the natural talent for archery missed a generation.
    J'izul Silent Paws - Stealthy nightblade born in Rawl'kha. When he's not thieving for skooma, he enjoys fishing and cooking.
    Kynirah Tyrathem - Dunmer elder of Mournhold, wise in the ways of the Dragon.
    Kynreth Tyrathem - Daughter of Kynirah, new to the abilities dragon blood offers. A skilful young alchemist and chef.
    Estelia Thalvokina - An Altmer Mage who dreamed of being a healer, before learning her talent for dark destruction magic.
    Horatius Colonia - A dashingly good looking Imperial knight, born in Anvil.
    Wyress Gwyneth - Born in Skyrim, this young Breton Mage spends her days protecting nature in Valenwood.
    Forge-Wife Morag - Betnikh-born Morag showed aptitude for smithing from a young age, and now never leaves her station.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xit-Xaht light chest fully override greaves textures and apply light style greaves(skirt), so you can't make heavy/medium greaves in Xit-Xaht style visible while light chest is wearing. Don't know it is intended or not.
    And please update templates with new skins and crafting styles.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 9, 2016 9:39AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I purchase this DLC, it is solely to experience these awesome new dungeons, and to obtain the Velidreth and Amberplasm sets. That is a big if.....

The questions still remain:
    • Will I have 30FPS most of the time if I run this on PS4?
    • Will the game drop to and stay at 5FPS-10FPS? 10FPS-15FPS?
    • Will there be stutters constantly when using AoE or when an enemy dies?
    • Will I engage in mid-dungeon 30sec-3min load screens which sometimes never end forcing me to relog?
    • Will I be able to experience this content which I have to purchase with Crowns or Subscribe for the way you intended? Wrothgar is unplayable for many players, and costed people 3000 Crowns. It essentially serves to lock player characters and does not let many people even play in the zone anymore. No timely fix and is sill an issue.... does this sound even slightly okay to any of you at ZOS? How can I know the Shadows of the Hist will be any different?

As a suggestion, I recommend forcing ESO to run at Medium-Low settings when entering these dungeons on console. It is unstable in its current state (which you already know but are not prioritizing) and buying dysfunctional content is tough for me to justify.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 14, 2016 9:09AM
  • haunted1994F
    haunted1994F
    ✭✭✭
    NERF vMA in this patch. . . so we can enjoy the endgame.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope last patch will fix one of the most annoying and longest bug - Engine Guardian HP restore proc don't have aura
    dwemer.jpg
    Fix it finally. It ruining my immersion.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 29, 2016 6:42AM
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Please PLEASE give Khajit's some more stamina.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NERF vMA in this patch. . . so we can enjoy the endgame.
    Technically, VMA does get an indirect nerf. Any sets with Minor Slayer will allow you to do 5% more damage to all creatures in dungeons and trials. Thus, if you have Minor Slayer on a set, you can consider that a 5% nerf to anything in VMA making it a little easier.
  • Rafishul
    Rafishul
    ✭✭
    I'm not seeing anything in the natch potes about medicinal use being fixed :neutral:
    Main: v16 Mag NB DPS
    Alts: v16 NB Tank, v16 DK Tank (ret., crafter), v16 Sorc mDPS, v16 Templar heals

twitch.tv/theraficast
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Crushing Shock for the mages in the second round in Veteran Dragon Star Arena new? If it is then it sucks, because my group just got wiped more than five time because the "NPC" spammed us with Crushing Shock. Every time we looked at the damage overview it was almost nothing but Crushing Shock. You should get rid of it or at least decrease the the amount of time they use it.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6% max stam for legion of kitty poisonknights...
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros