The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimates Not Firing Reliably

WuffyCerulei
WuffyCerulei
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I don't know if this is a fix to the recent Meteor exploit, but I've been having serious issues activating ultimates such as Soul Assault and Pack Leader, especially on my controller.
For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I just logged in and had the same issue with Meteor... wouldn't fire at all. I had plenty of Ult. not sure whats going on.

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with Dawnbreaker. I've heard of other ultimates being impacted by this issue too.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We've seen a few reports of this since yesterday, and have been working on tracking down the cause. If you have specific details regarding when this is happening, what you were doing/where you were, what Ultimate ability you were using, and what happened (stuttering, not firing at all, delayed firing, etc.) it would be helpful. Bonus for video footage, too. :) Thanks for helping us look into this!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've seen a few reports of this since yesterday, and have been working on tracking down the cause. If you have specific details regarding when this is happening, what you were doing/where you were, what Ultimate ability you were using, and what happened (stuttering, not firing at all, delayed firing, etc.) it would be helpful. Bonus for video footage, too. :) Thanks for helping us look into this!

why not just log into the game and test if you can use an ultimate or not?
    it should be simple to tell that its bugged
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »

You know, i feel so many issues would be solved if they just did this as the problems cropped up
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they can't @ZOS_JessicaFolsom forgot how to log in into the game
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My issues occurred in vet Spindle last night on my stam sorc. Attempting to use Flawless Dawbreaker results in studdering and takes several attempts before the cast actually occurs. Sometimes it seems to be only a couple of studders, other time it seems to be several. I was, in every case, eventually able to cast the ult and move on.

I heard there was something wrong with the sorc passive "Power Stone" which reduces the cost of ultimates. However, I'm not sure if it's just sorcs being impacted...
    Edited by Autolycus on June 1, 2016 7:31PM
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bfish22090 You cant just "Log into the game and test this" because its not happening to everyone. I've not had a single issue firing my ultimates, all of my friends cast their ultimates just fine too. So saying "Why not just log into the game and do it yourself" isnt so simple. It's not affecting everyone. Just like the majority of any bug, does not affect everyone.

Steps to duplicate it are way more helpful than telling someone just go do it yourself. If you dont know how to make a sandwich, and someone asks you to make you a sandwich, how are you suppose to duplicate what they would?

C'mon, use your brain here :P
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Brugaz
    Brugaz
    ✭✭
    It just seems that all ultimate reduction passives dont work.
    Example: Sorc passive or Vampire Ult (should cost 158 but only works if you have 218 ultimate or more).
    (PC/EU) - | @Brugaz |
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick tally:

Who is having this problem that does not have a passive that reduces ultimate costs??
    Edited by Autolycus on June 1, 2016 8:11PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Ultimate is not firing reliably.
    I noticed it when using the sorcerer ability "Greater Storm Atronach".
    Conditions when not firing(different occassions):
    1). The ultimate charge was well above 100%, about like 180%+.
    2) The location I tried to summon it was on multiple targets(the 28 meters radios wrobel has talked about).
    3) When trying to summon it on a hill and uneven terrain.
    4) I had 2 pets following me on all occassions the ultimate didn't work: volatile familiar and Winged Twilight.
    5) I had mage mundus buff
    6) food buff - cyrodilic field treat

Please investigate.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Small update on this: We've found the issue and have a fix that will go into next week's PC/Mac incremental patch.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens with atronach and negate. running dailies and it is so random....press it a few times nothing happens, fire off some abilities and try again and it'll work, maybe.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are not the brightest person around are you? There are a handful of them and thousands of us. Which is the greater source of data?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to be a recurrent issue with Sorcs. The passive Power Stone reduces our Ultimate cost, but it's badly bugged. The game will say it costs less Ultimate than before, but the passive isn't actually applying, just showing it is.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil pvp, good performance happend on one vs. one and on big scaled fights. Batswarm. Leap. Meteor. They just did not go off, even after rushing my ultimate button. I ran around with maxed ulti points all the time because they didn't work a single time
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small update on this: We've found the issue and have a fix that will go into next week's PC/Mac incremental patch.

I presume a hotfix isn't enough to resolve the issue? I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc, but not having an ultimate is somewhat of a liability...
    Edited by Autolycus on June 2, 2016 3:05PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devouring Swarm 5% success rate in firing.

Empowering Sweep 100% success rate.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I presume a hotfix isn't enough to resolve the issue? I had hoped to participate in vet Sanctum with my reworked stam sorc, but not having an ultimate is somewhat of a liability...

No, this isn't something we can hotfix, unfortunately. If it was, we would. The fix is in for next week's PC/Mac incremental patch, though.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on June 3, 2016 2:05AM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was doing a little farming on some mobs and found that if I got a lot of tangos around me I could not fire my ult. Glad this is getting fixed.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, this isn't something we can hotfix, unfortunately. If it was, we would. The fix is in for next week's PC/Mac incremental patch, though.

Thanks for letting me know Jessica! I will wait patiently until next week :)
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭

So it doesn't work as intended?
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's just cost reduced ultimates? Can't test on vacation without my computer or laptop?
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Kreshja
    Kreshja
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Aggressive Warhorn, Reviving Barrier and Absorption Field all can't fire.
    Pressing ult button several times my character shutters but the skill doesn't fire.
    Happens all the time in dungeons and tried normal MoL Absorption Field had problem.
    But sometimes they do fire, so it's like 50/50 chance they work or not.
  • alakmir
    alakmir
    ✭✭✭

same with my attronoch , it doesn't fire when pressed even though i have fully charged ulti
    Emeeru - AD Sorc
    Solo/ duo/ trio with Sabal/Rubeus
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    it feels like when I play that I can't use any ult while my character is in animation of doing either another ability or a light/heavy attack. I have to stop doing everything and just spam my ulti until it fires (which is about 1 to 2 seconds after my last attack)

I wonder if this is related to the changes to combat animation that was pushed out with the dark brotherhood patch

and bat swarm won't even work while i'm in combat.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find I have to spam the controller buttons (I'm on PS4) at least half a dozen times before my Ult actually works. Might even be more than that. And also this ISN'T a recent issue - we don't have DB yet.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this issue going to affect consoles?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find I have to spam the controller buttons (I'm on PS4) at least half a dozen times before my Ult actually works. Might even be more than that. And also this ISN'T a recent issue - we don't have DB yet.

I only have this issue in PvP...along with other moves...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar Nova is also affected. (Only tested in Imperial City so far)