The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to log into the NA PC megaserver still

FinneganFroth
FinneganFroth
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

I see the headline mentioning that the issue today has been resolved. However, I am still unable to log in. I have restarted my computer and my client, but that did not work. Any solutions?
  • msav905b16_ESO
    msav905b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I also still cannot log in despite the message at the top of the forums. I also restarted the launcher and my computer. The announcements also do not load. I can log in to both the PTS and the European Megaserver with no issues.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know that you are still having an issue. At this time the majority of the community is able to log in. Can you please also report this to the main thread being tracked for login issues? There are also some suggestions available that may be of assistance: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267758/
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    I am also now no longer able to log in. I had gotten in for about an hour but now I am stuck at the login screen again ....
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got home, tried to login. Not happening. Restarted the client like the headline says, not helping one bit either.

Launcher can't get the realm status information and the login screen gives a "Could not retrieve announcements."

Login attempts yield a "Error 201"
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got home, tried to login. Not happening. Restarted the client like the headline says, not helping one bit either.

Launcher can't get the realm status information and the login screen gives a "Could not retrieve announcements."

Login attempts yield a "Error 201"

I am getting the exact same thing as you are. I have reset my Modem and PC... I have changed my DNS to a Google one.. that didn't help.

There is an option to change the Host File, but I am not competent enough to be screwing with that stuff. My luck I would mess something up.

So for some reason the game is unable to talk to the live servers.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • lexior12
    lexior12
    same here,cant log in :(
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys.

I was unable to login this morning however I read through the forums and found this post by user ArrVeeGee. When I followed the steps it worked for me. I'm running windows 10- the host file location is in the same directory.

ArrVeeGee wrote: »

People still having problems...

The solution is to edit your hosts file and add an entry for live-services.elderscrollsonline.com.

This has worked for many many people, and if done correctly, will work for you too. There's no sense just posting that it's still down for you if you haven't tried this yet.

Adding a static entry to a Windows hosts file can be different depending on what version of the OS you're using.

For Windows 7, the hosts file is located in the: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc directory.

This file MUST be edited in Administrator mode. This means launching Notepad or what have you 'As Administrator'. This is achieved usually by right clicking on Notepad and selecting Run As Administrator. The only way you can save a hosts file is in administrator mode.

All you need to add to the hosts file is the following line at the bottom, verbatim:

198.20.198.110 live-services.elderscrollsonline.com

That's it. Then correctly save the file, and try again. It'll work.

--

This worked for me, so I thought I would post it in here so you don't have to scrub through the other forums.
  • Bhozz52
    Bhozz52
    ✭✭✭
    Error 201 here too , please fix ZOS .
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only access PTS.

I have 3 comupters in my house which all cannot log into NA PC megaserver

it all says ''could not retrieve annoucement'' then when I try to log on it gives me error 201.

I is NOT my internet provider's problem as I can log into PTS and play with no issue.

Ran repairs on 2 computers, still doesnt work
    Edited by Kupoking on May 27, 2016 12:11PM
  • mateoz
    mateoz
    ✭✭✭
    We had 50% of our guild players that wasn't able to connect yesterday.
    To solve this issue change your prefered dns to google dns (8.8.4.4)
    voila, game should work now.

Depending on your isp zos changes might just not update DNS fast enough.

• navra1ub17_ESO
    Unfortunately this fix did not work for me. I am running Windows 7 Pro.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGAIN today?

simply marvelous.

eta: error 200, this time. 7:4:420:597

just for variety. the first two logins kicked out with the generic 'an error has occurred...'

0/4

Edited by Lylith on May 27, 2016 2:36PM
  • navra1ub17_ESO
    Sorry, I must have made a mistake in typing. I corrected my error and your fix worked!
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix really seems to have helped.

thank you so much for (re)posting that information. @Carl-lan

still got kicked quite a bit this afternoon, though. (saturday 28 may) mostly ctd with eso error window.
    Edited by Lylith on May 29, 2016 3:52AM