Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

error 201

ericdabear_ESO
ericdabear_ESO
Soul Shriven
I'm getting an Error 201 (7:4:420:1006)

I'm logging in to the eso site to my account information ok and it shows active and all that good stuff....

is there perhaps a log file if it's a connection issue on where the login problem might be occurring? or anything else I might be able to try and troubleshoot?
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just came here to post the same thing. I have been getting Error 201 on two separate accounts in the past 15 minutes. It also says below the login button 'Cannot retrieve announcements". I tried a Repair Client and have tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions to no avail. Are the servers down for anyone else?

***Update --- I can login to the PTS without any difficulty.
    Edited by Elder_III on May 26, 2016 4:45PM
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Eoden13
    Eoden13
    Elder_III wrote: »
    I just came here to post the same thing. I have been getting Error 201 on two separate accounts in the past 15 minutes. It also says below the login button 'Cannot retrieve announcements". I tried a Repair Client and have tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions to no avail. Are the servers down for anyone else?

Yup I got the same thing and submitted a support ticket.
  • DarkEvilHatred
    DarkEvilHatred
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing here! I am getting Error 201 no matter what I type into the password and it happens immediately, as if the game isn't even trying to communicate with the server. What's the deal?!

I checked everywhere for server status and I don't see anything anywhere that the server is down or there is a maintenance....
    WHATS GOING ON?!
  • MGuns1980
    MGuns1980
    Getting same error here.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother!
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here! I am getting Error 201 no matter what I type into the password and it happens immediately, as if the game isn't even trying to communicate with the server. What's the deal?!

I checked everywhere for server status and I don't see anything anywhere that the server is down or there is a maintenance....
    WHATS GOING ON?!

Same with me after attempting to log in 3 times in a row. Tried once again and still not seeing announcements. I can log into PTS just fine though.
    Edited by Grunim on May 26, 2016 4:53PM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Eoden13
    Eoden13
    My guess would be a DDOS attack on login servers... or they forgot to feed the server hamsters.
  • Impiouz
    Impiouz
    Same problem here!
  • f0dder
    f0dder
    Same thing here. Getting the 201 error when trying to log in and "Could not retrieve announcements" down below. Tried both the 32 and 64 bit clients.
  • cdebaca
    cdebaca
    ✭✭
    Ive got the same issue that you guys are speaking of.

Error 201 (7:4:420:1006) and my announcements will not load either. I too have repaired to no avail...
    @King_Kuza - CP600

[Ph'iil] - Khajiit, Templar - AD
    [Baurus the Blade] - Redguard, Dragonknight - DC
    [Lifts-Her-Tåil] - Argonian, Nightblade - DC
    [Nerevårine] - Dunmer, Templar - DC

Guildmaster of [The Kuza Clan]
  • Kaserai
    Kaserai
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, same here.
    Have you ever seen a blood-red tidal wave? Yeah... I feel that way too when its Primetime on the PVP servers
  • DarkEvilHatred
    DarkEvilHatred
    Soul Shriven
    Problem has been acknowledged here. They are now aware of our issue.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3011469/#Comment_3011469
  • MasterWarrior
    MasterWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. I want my special tiger.

I am reinstalling the game and hopefully that fixes it.

Edit: They are aware of the problem. Thank you and I hope this gets resolved soon.
    Edited by MasterWarrior on May 26, 2016 4:57PM
  • redcomyn
    redcomyn
    ✭✭
    And same for me. I even did the repair.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want my money back
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here.

fwiw, the control settings on the character i was using were reset to default, for some reason. had to go through and reset them all.

staying online was also a problem from the time i first logged on, two hours or so ago. i got kicked to login on about half the load screens and out of nowhere, just for good measure. it's been a common problem, but it seems to be getting much MORE common, lately.

• tedsini_ESO
    tedsini_ESO
    ✭✭
    I was getting the 201 error this morning, until around 11:30 AM Pacific Time (8:30 AM Eastern Time). I reset my Comcast router and I was able to log in. It might have been a simple coincidence in which Zenimax happened to fix the problem just as I was doing the reset, or the reset may have fixed the problem. If anyone is still having the error 201 problem, you might try a reset. Good luck.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue should be resolved for players at this time. If for any reason you are still running into issues, please report them to this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post