The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you support the idea of making siege weapons restricted to personal use?

• mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restrict use to owners group
    You can only have so many siege machines active in one location. So if we were to restrict usage of these siege machines. Its quite possible it would cause more issues than solve.

If the siege machine cap is hit and those siege machine owners die. How will the siege continue? Those still alive will have to abandon it, fall back and let those on defense in the keep/outpost to come out and destroy those siege machines and gain ground. Then survivors would then have to beat the defenders back into their keep/outpost to start the process all over again.

No. If you dont want people using your siege machine. Dont leave it. Simple as that.

If someone dies on a siege surely you'd resurrect that person rather than use their siege and leave them dead on the floor.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just nervous about any changes in cyrodil . It's so easy to break stuff there . I get the idea though .
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the Alliance War forum. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No keep it as it is, anyone can use
    Definitely not. I frequently drop more siege than I can maintain so that my allies can use it. I know others who do the same.
    Many times, I have also shared siege that I purchased with friends and guildmates, putting it in the guild bank, directly trading it, or simply placing it nearby for them to use.

This is a marathon not a sprint. I'm more interested in winning the war than my own personal AP ticks from a few more kills with siege.
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaining AP by use of siege and thinking that is the reason to make it owner only...disgusts me to the core.

However, I cannot stand it when someone grabs one of my three trebs and turns it - the opposite direction - to troll the siege or to just be a ***.

So, I am 100% behind the concept of making it owner's group only use. However, something like this will never happen.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should still be able to share them.
    After all, it's for the cause.

Quite often, deploying siege weapons and leaving them for other players to action can completely turn the tables in a fight.
    This is also how lower level players can learn to use them.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    You can only have so many siege machines active in one location. So if we were to restrict usage of these siege machines. Its quite possible it would cause more issues than solve.

If the siege machine cap is hit and those siege machine owners die. How will the siege continue? Those still alive will have to abandon it, fall back and let those on defense in the keep/outpost to come out and destroy those siege machines and gain ground. Then survivors would then have to beat the defenders back into their keep/outpost to start the process all over again.

No. If you dont want people using your siege machine. Dont leave it. Simple as that.

If someone dies on a siege surely you'd resurrect that person rather than use their siege and leave them dead on the floor.

Yes because everyones carrying soul gems and everyone sticks around hoping someone will revive them. And how interesting you think its okay to expect others to spend their soul gems on someone that doesnt want to share their siege machines. How hypocritical.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on May 1, 2016 4:38PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restrict use to the owner only
    Some guy jumped on my Coldfire siege while I repaired it. After asking him nicely to get off, he told me to shut up and go buy tampons...Soooo yeah. My siege, only mine. Can't mess with my Coldfire. Like ever.
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »

Yes because everyones carrying soul gems and everyone sticks around hoping someone will revive them. And how interesting you think its okay to expect others to spend their soul gems on someone that doesnt want to share their siege machines. How hypocritical.

I could flip that argument around and say it's selfish for someone to want to use another persons siege but not wanting to revive that person who is dead on the floor.

When a castle is flagged I wait for a revive for a short period of time, to not do so is rather silly.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Some guy jumped on my Coldfire siege while I repaired it. After asking him nicely to get off, he told me to shut up and go buy tampons...Soooo yeah. My siege, only mine. Can't mess with my Coldfire. Like ever.

^^^^^This one hundred times over. I want to kick a rude jackass like the one above. Yeah, it's a group effort, but everyone should have to contribute. Leeches need to be encouraged to contribute if they want to PVP. Staying on siege to keep it from being hijacked is stupid. Aside from stopping you from other actions, it makes you blind to gankers. Sharing siege can be good, but keep it limited to group, where disagreements might actually be settled. If leeches won't buy siege, they can go PVE.

NO to th?&id=OIP.M98b83102826737594a0805c7123b2699H0&w=182&h=138&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 on th?&id=OIP.M4aeff29b9f5d4da3ef779d79f4ba2afdo0&w=128&h=127&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Humphie wrote: »

^^^^^This one hundred times over. I want to kick a rude jackass like the one above. Yeah, it's a group effort, but everyone should have to contribute. Leeches need to be encouraged to contribute if they want to PVP. Staying on siege to keep it from being hijacked is stupid. Aside from stopping you from other actions, it makes you blind to gankers. Sharing siege can be good, but keep it limited to group, where disagreements might actually be settled. If leeches won't buy siege, they can go PVE.

NO to th?&id=OIP.M98b83102826737594a0805c7123b2699H0&w=182&h=138&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 on th?&id=OIP.M4aeff29b9f5d4da3ef779d79f4ba2afdo0&w=128&h=127&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

I went on my other faction toon and got him pretty easy. He melted, so did my Coldfire but it was so worth it. And thank you Zos for spoiled food. So much better than tbagging!
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is I never use ayones siege unless they go MIA.
    Remember the 1st time I entered cyrodiil jumping on an emps siege.
    He wasnt impressed. But politely imformed me he done double my damage
    I never realised he had multiple up at the same time.
    :D

The days of noobhood.

Plenty of people nick my siege.
    Normally when I am being accosted though ...so its all good for me.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 1, 2016 6:46PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • MidnightBlue
    MidnightBlue
    ✭✭✭
    The only issue I have is we had people not in our group take it and turn our sieges around. We then can't shoot the walls which makes a huge strain on taking a keep because people didn't want us getting Emperor.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »
    Not that I PvP that much...

But since this is a WAR...I would think that individual gain is not the goal here.

Yes I realize that this is a game BTW, but when I go to Cyrodiil it's to help my faction more so than to worry about my stats. Whatever it takes to get the job done is good enough for me. If my side wins, then I profit through AP gains. If not, then I've gained new insight into how to be better in PvP...either way I still feel the siege weapon was well spent. ;)

It's not about individual gain, it's about when you are trying to run 3 sieges and some random player comes along and decides to use your siege to hit the door and do no damage or try to hit single players with your stone treb. It's not helping anyone. It's a severe detraction from the war capabilities. You may not have another treb for yourself, or not have additional room to set it up, and it becomes a complete waste of the siege weapon.

Now, I would prefer just some system of owner prioritization, but absent that, I prefer restricted to owner's group. Yes there are situations where it can be helpful to have someone else flip your siege, but those happen less to me than someone coming up and doing stupid things with my siege.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make it so anyone can use but the owner gets a portion of AP earned
    Maaaaan why is everyone so butthurt these days and trying to make rules rules rules? :pensive:

"Waaaaah mommy, he's using my siege but it's MINE!"
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see something like this for siege weapons:
    uSDYWer.png
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it so anyone can use but the owner gets a portion of AP earned
    i wanna use all the noobs for ez AP
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys dont forget that if we give owner restriction it would solve the problem of enemy spies turning them 180 degrees
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    I'm selfish and I paid for it. Plus, it would add more accountability to group members in Pvp.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care, if I am not on it and someone uses it that's fine with me, with the decay rate so high for an unmanned siege weapon, I would rather see it get used shooting at the enemy than just rot away.
  • Nahz
    Nahz
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion, siege weapons should be useable by anyone in your alliance but the owner of the siege weapon should be able to kick people off of it. I find my siege constantly being pilfered by new players (and players who should know better...), and it can be frustrating. I've also had my siege stolen and turned 180' by salt shakers, which is even worse because ZOS condones griefing alliance members but does not give us any counter measures.

However, many players completely abandon their siege when they break down a wall. If I'm not rushing into the breach, I sometimes use their weapons to take a few shots at enemy players or to tag a wall so it can't be repaired. Making siege accessible only by the owner/group members would also open the door for more griefing. I can easily run 4 trebs effectively, and can inefficiently run more. Given that keeps have a cap of 20 siege that can be laid out at once, a few rotten eggs can take up a large chunk of that potential limit.

In addition, my guild often has other people set siege down for members to use. Many of us keep commonly used weapons like stone trebs and fire ballista slotted, but we'll often designate people to have uncommon items slotted (e.g., rams, fire trebs, etc.) should a situation suddenly arise and we don't have time to swap our quick slots.

As a side note, if you like running oil pots, I'll be happy to put some down over a breach for you to run... The AP from them is great, but they are so boring to use...
    Nahz - VR16 Sorcerer
    Paragon of Togglemancer Excellence
    Daggerfall Covenant | Trueflame NA PC

#SeeYouInCU
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all in for restricted use in a group. I normally set down 3 trebs to use them in rotation, and painfully often at least one of my trebs is being "rented" by another player. Which relieves him of setting down own sieges ofc for which he would have to pay in AP or gold. (And I'm not talking about the rare occasions when there is a 20/20 siege or no space left to set down more sieges.)

Problem is that apart from an egoistic personality which should not be rewarded, in 25% of all "renting cases" the players are also total noobs who shoot at the door or shoot just at "something" (e.g. the ground). Or they abuse my sieges for their AP farming and stop sieging walls or doors to shoot at enemies instead.

Apart from that: I would love to use captured enemy sieges!
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my guild, it is preferable to run more than one siege. If you are not running more than one, you are inefficient. I tend to run two ballista or three trebs. (Hi @Nahz, what's for dinner?) I am also the siege pack rat for my guild. Half of my inventory is siege equipment. I almost always carry a few rams and a dozen or more oils to drop when needed. These days, I also have forward camps slotted. I have anti personnel seige which I drop on a regular basis. I don't mind a lower level hopping on the siege, but I do mind the V16 who was in the top 5 on the alliance leaderboards hopping on my siege to turn it away from the keep. Grrrr.

Dear ZOS, please make siege stackable.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on May 2, 2016 11:40AM
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer owner priority like most people seem to be saying. Sometimes you put one down for a toon that is new to PvP or you want someone to take over when you die or during one of the frequent crashes. But not being able to get your siege back, especially when someone clearly doesn't know what they are doing is a pain in the butt.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather keep it as it is, sure it's annoying when someone steals your weapon but the ability to also place multiple weapons for random players to use during sieges isn't something I want to trade for that.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropping another reply in here - and sticking to my "in group" response.

Had an incident today where DC were shooting a really bad wall to take a keep. I decided I would open a hole in a better spot to help and some complete noob decided I should not be shooting that wall and jumped on and off my 3 trebs turning them and spamming me in tells about how I should be supporting the alliance...not subordinating it with my own siege.

Now, the guy was an idiot and demonstrated it in tells. I am not overly concerned about this particular incident. However, it demonstrates that anyone able to jump on anyone's siege is just not a good idea and leads to conflict. Conflict that can easily be avoided. This is not a "wahh he took my siege" as much as it is - WTF I have no recourse for dealing with this complete noob who decides he doesn't like what I am doing and is going to stop me - and there is literally nothing I can do but watch as the siege fails (which it did) and I can only stand there infuriated trying to convince this guy that what I am doing is right and he needs to buzz off with his "I made 150K AP today I know better than you" nub attitude. And, yes, that is exactly what he said. Trying to explain to me I don't know better just because I am AR 40 and have made over 30 million AP and taken thousands of keeps in this game. Absolutely infuriating that I had no recourse and had to watch it fail because of one mentally handicapped person stopping me from finishing what I started.

PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.