The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support doesn't read my tickets, lets try the forums - STUTTER / FPS drops!

Draganta
Draganta
A friend of me cannot play ESO properly anymore. At some parts, the game has short frame drops / stutter.

We opened a ticket, told them this:

- We tried reinstalling game
- - We tried reinstalling GPU drivers
- We tried reinstalling Windows

We even included the DXDIAG file and I named the hardware again in the ticket, and they reply with:

Please make sure your hardware meets the requirements...

Why doesn't support read the tickets?

I just cancelled my sub, I already have horrible experiences with Rockstar's support, if Zenimax'' support is like this too, I am done with this game, and so are 2 friends.

Question is: what else can I do to fix the stutter? It doesn't happen everywhere, but still in a lot of places. 1 place with guaranteed stutter is the beginning of Direfrost Keep.

Her hardware:
AMD FX 6300 4000 mhz cpu,
8 GB RAM
Windows 10
AMD Radeon R9 280X 3 GB

CPU and memory usage while stuttering is low, and so are the temps. Dying Light, Mad Max and Dragon Age 3 run without any problems. Thank you!
PC EU Server
Ulf Talos - Nord Dragon Knight VR2
Moves Like Jagger - Argonian Nightblade VR6
  • Draganta
    Draganta
    Edit: We also tried disabling all addons, removing them completely and running the game on LOWEST settings and low resolution. The stutter in Direfrost keep and some other locations is still there!

Edit 2: I disabled the overclocking of the CPU, turned off AMD Cool & Quiet and C6 Core parking. Still the same fps drops.
    Edited by Draganta on April 27, 2016 8:15AM
    PC EU Server
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Please have your friend reply to her customer support ticket with the information you've provided her and also ask her to include her game consultant report. The game consultant is much more helpful than the DxDiag for troubleshooting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Draganta
    Draganta
    She already did send that file with the first ticket, but it was ignored. She replied again, let us hope this time support will read the ticket!
    PC EU Server
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMD CPU is a big bottleneck in ESO. Go to a large town (or PVP fort battle), run /fps and look up at the sky (to drop GPU usage to nothing). The FPS will still be terrible. Then try it outside of a town and away from other players - FPS will be fine.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an example from my rig. Same CPU, AMD 6300. GTX 970 4gb graphics card.

XM5zU54.jpg

100+ fps outside of areas with players and NPCs. 30fps or below near players or NPCs. Same if I look at the sky. Notice most of the CPU cores aren't doing much.

It has been like this since the early betas, however, so no easy fix if you see the same issue.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a similar issue. Whenever I first enter the game and every time I rezone, enter/leave a delve or really any place that involves a loading screen, my FPS drops to about 9. Sometimes FPS drops that low when I kill a monster, or simply hold down the left mouse button to perform a heavy attack, or just open my character screen (showing my attribute points, etc). It's worse in groups, making grouped events (like dungeons) impossible. The only way to clear it is to alt-tab to desktop, then bringing the game back into focus by clicking its icon on the Windows10 taskbar.

I've killed every background process I can, I play with the lowest settings possible, all my drivers are up to date, and yeah, my router is just fine thank you very much.

I've been mentioning this for weeks now but I seem to get absolutely NO traction from ZOS.
    Edited by OrangeTheCat on April 30, 2016 5:49PM
  • Mordiez
    Mordiez
    ✭✭✭
    they very well may continue to ignore you im still waiting on a reply from almost 2 months ago
  • Draider46_ESO
    Draider46_ESO
    ✭✭
    If they are able to get your friend's fixed. Please post what they did to help. Sounds like the same thing I am having trouble with now. In some places I can get in the low 20's FPS. But in other places, While trying to either play with my guild or to do a trial. My FPS hits between 18 to 1 FPS. And I run into loading screens. The game is pretty much unplayable any more.