The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need help figuring out my hotmail associated with my userID.

Exilecute
Exilecute
Not sure what my Hotmail is that's associated with my userID but i just can't seem to work it out. Currently America is asleep and therefore I'm posting on the general help to make an enquiry. What are the steps to unveiling my Hotmail? I know my UserID and the password but because it detects a new IP and location; it's asking me to provide a code sent to the undisclosed Hotmail.

What are your thoughts? Should I just wait to call Bethesda in roughly 8 hours from now?

I used to play back in 2014. I own Imperial Edition and am returning back to check the game out 1.5 years later since I quit.

REFERENCE: 160422-000688
Edited by Exilecute on April 24, 2016 2:19PM
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    CanI get some help? The number I've phoned several hours ago just directs me to check out the general help discussion or helpbethesda.com

the number I phoned as follows: 0011-1-678-460-4893.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you know your user ID and password, are you able to get into the Support website? I don't know if they require confirmation for that (they should not, as a general rule).

Otherwise, yeah, that is apparently the number to call.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    Since you know your user ID and password, are you able to get into the Support website? I don't know if they require confirmation for that (they should not, as a general rule).

Otherwise, yeah, that is apparently the number to call.

You’ve logged into the Elderscrollsonline.com support experience from a new device or browser. For your security, we’ve sent a special access code to your registered email address.

Access Code:

That's what I get when attempting to log into my account.

Here's the funny part, the account I'm currently on is the one I want to play on. Exilecute. I know the userID (Exilecute) and the password but whenever I attempt to sign in, it requests me for a code from an undisclosed hotmail. I've tried every hotmail I can remember ever using and neither are working.

This is when it gets strange.. the hotmail that I supposedly used for beta (two.skillz@hotmail.com) is under my other alias (sinistarlol). But wait it gets even weirder now.. I don't own the Imperial Edition on that account when browsing the billing history just the trial. Yet.. Whenever I visit the forums I'm supposedly logged into Exilecute magically without even attempting to log in. I can alter this profile and everything and the reason why I'm confused is because Exilecute is the userID for the account I know that's attached to my main account with the Imperial Edition.

You can even browse my profile and find posts of me talking about my former guild I was running and hitting veteran 10 back in april / march on 2014 so it's definitely the correct account. But it isn't coming up whenever I attempt to register the code on two.skillz@hotmail.com (it's telling me this exilecute "account" isn't attached to that email despite every other hotmail i've tried logging into doesn't find any accounts or anything yet I'm somehow here under Exilecute rather than Sinistarlol (and it's still prompting me to sign up or sign in on these forums.)
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    Hilarious customer support service on phone calls. I can't speak to somebody directly in order for them help me with my situation. Lady answered the call in the grumpiest tone asking me what I wanted.

I requested help with my situation and she didn't give a care in the world and asked me to speak to a voicemail message.

Really?

So in other words; screw me as a customer yeah? I wanted to return to your game.. not speak to an automaton saying hi we'd get back to you whenever we can.. yeah okay, i'll love to see Zenimax and Bethesda call an Australian.

Wasted time and perhaps a good chunk of money for nothing. I bet they'll return my phone call..chyeah Thanks!
    Edited by Exilecute on April 22, 2016 1:17PM
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer support cannot release sensitive account information such as emails, payment info, password, etc. by request. This is a violation of account security. However they can help to assist you with any difficulties accessing your account.

If you are not interested in leaving a voicemail and receiving a callback, you do have the option to contact customer support via SUPPORT at the top of this page. Since you are unsure of your email and can't verify an access code, I would suggest using "cannot login" and submitting a ticket as a compromised user since you have no means of access. Providing a UserID and the suspected email for the account will be helpful when contacting in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    I've created a ticket now. Phone calls is a no-go for me ever again with you guys. I'll just sit here and wait for a response to my ticket.

Never have I called three different Bethesda / Zenimax numbers and been shoved off to a voicemail in all my life of calling for assistance on a video game. I thought Blizzard customer service was low, but this takes the cake I'm sorry.

And even when I went to the correct phone number that the previous callers told me to call through their voicemail message, the lady said that "sorry we don't have anybody you could directly speak with." and asked me to leave a voicemail message. I literally don't understand how you guys could be so busy when you just opened your doors for the day? It was literally 9:07am for you and 11:07pm for me.

I'm sorry for coming off rude and yeah I kinda have a valid reason to.. I just want to get back on the game and I'm stuck with not knowing whether I've been hacked or for the life of me I cannot remember a hotmail I must've never used except for ESO.
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    Are there anybody to respond to tickets over the weekends?

I'm waiting on a game master named Ronald Drake to respond :)

It's now 9:18am where you guys are located and I'm just wondering if I should stay up or should just sleep and wait until monday night my time for a response.

currently 11:18pm here.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.
    It seems there was an unintentional hold up. We have made sure that the ticket reaches the proper department.
    As it is in different hands it may be the case that they may require further information, so please standby for a response.

Unfortunately we are unaware of customer service's times or who may be available, but this should make sure that you are addressed asap.

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    I honestly don't know what else I could provide. I've already sent a long list of personal information on that ticket.

Billing information, credit cards, paypal invoices, suggested hotmails, in-game character details.

the thing that baffled me and i'm sorry to make it public Ronald is that you asked me for a answer to a Secret Question without even implying the secret question for me to figure out an answer to it.

i feel like i'm losing patience.. i know you guys are busy at work and i'm just one customer but i just feel like i'm being jerked around with every response i'm getting.

so now i'm believed to be passed to yet another person to deal with my situation. feels like the phone situation all over again.

REFERENCE: 160422-000688
    Edited by Exilecute on April 24, 2016 2:19PM
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    How much longer until a response to my ticket?

@ZOS_CoriJ
  • Exilecute
    Exilecute
    Still no response, I have now opened a new ticket.. c'mon guys. I'm still here, I still want to play.

Can anybody help me with a hotmail recovery process at all? Jeez.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Hello Exilecute,
    Please check your email for a new reply. :)
    Staff Post