The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm begging ESO to fix toppling charge

neo7185
neo7185
✭✭✭
This is something we need to keep bringing up every single day till it's finally fixed. These issues date back to the beginning, why in the world is it still not functioning properly. I love playing my templar and since TG I've started playing as my main, but it's a major issue for me in Cyrodiil at times. The templar's weakness is mobility, so I have to be able to gap close. Not stand there and flinch as I constantly push toppling charge with no success. I don't know about everyone else, but it's been an even bigger problem for me since TG.
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't played my templar since before imperial city launched. Cause stamina nb too fun.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry man. They did get rid of the bar-lock part though which is good. It is nowhere near their list of priorities. More things are being broken with each patch as well....

It's just not reasonable to expect a fix... they don't really care lol.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We do care. In fact, we mentioned this on the last ESO Live that we plan to change how charge abilities (like Toppling Charge) ultimately work; we're currently looking at potentially making them more like teleports, which should fix their current issues where they kind of get stuck when trying to activate them.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough, thank you for putting me in my place, you guys did mention that.

I am mopey right now, ps4 campaigns are depopulating bc Cyrodiil is very broken. It's very depressing, all of it.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do care. In fact, we mentioned this on the last ESO Live that we plan to change how charge abilities (like Toppling Charge) ultimately work; we're currently looking at potentially making them more like teleports, which should fix their current issues where they kind of get stuck when trying to activate them.

Praise Gina! So happy to hear this!
  • Skorol007
    Skorol007
    ✭✭✭
    so, no fix for the next 2/3 months.
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    It's been broken for 2 years, probably gonna take at least 2 more years to fix. Zos is just now acknowledging it's broken.
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah they tried to fix it 5 times.. the failure to fix 1 skill 5 times in a row is disconcerting, but they have at least acknowledged it since the first attempt.
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're gonna make everyone teleport like spambushers, turing everyone into spambushers. Fun meta incoming /sarcasm
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't not unbroken, change it completely b/c its easier.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Obviously you can't give exact timeframe, but could you at least confirm that this will be addressed before the next dlc?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you can't give exact timeframe, but could you at least confirm that this will be addressed before the next dlc?
    It will have to wait until the next DLC.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I do sincerely appreciate you at least chiming in. I know it's your job to manage the community and it probably isn't easy. But at what point are we ever going to finally hear, "The fix is coming next week" instead of the same basic line we've been hearing for two years "We're sorry, we're aware, we're looking into it". We all know what this means. I don't even get angry anymore, I just get sad.

But as others stated, until ZOS stops with these terrible mega fixes, it's going to be a revolving door of issues. Constant maintenance, every successful MMO does it. Why do we have to deal with exploiters, constant issues, and unbalances for months at a time. And this is another example of that. Maybe you do fix toppling charge with this change, but what breaks as a result? Just fix the issue at hand for once. It has, after all, been two years.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    neo7185 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I do sincerely appreciate you at least chiming in. I know it's your job to manage the community and it probably isn't easy. But at what point are we ever going to finally hear, "The fix is coming next week" instead of the same basic line we've been hearing for two years "We're sorry, we're aware, we're looking into it". We all know what this means. I don't even get angry anymore, I just get sad.

But as others stated, until ZOS stops with these terrible mega fixes, it's going to be a revolving door of issues. Constant maintenance, every successful MMO does it. Why do we have to deal with exploiters, constant issues, and unbalances for months at a time. And this is another example of that. Maybe you do fix toppling charge with this change, but what breaks as a result? Just fix the issue at hand for once. It has, after all, been two years.

Fair statement. As for the changes to charge abilities specifically, it'll be something that will likely be in the next update only because there are so many different aspects to the change, and lots of different teams putting work into it. The chances of it being in an incremental patch are pretty slim, to be honest.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    neo7185 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Fair statement. As for the changes to charge abilities specifically, it'll be something that will likely be in the next update only because there are so many different aspects to the change, and lots of different teams putting work into it. The chances of it being in an incremental patch are pretty slim, to be honest.

Sigh...which in itself is the issue. Not just fixing the issue at hand, but completely changing an entire group of abilities.

Lets see how many people leave the game between now and then.......
    It sucks to care about a game so much and at the same time watch it circle the drain.
    Thank you for the responses though.
    Edited by neo7185 on March 31, 2016 6:28PM
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @neo7185
    Here's a temporary work around, from a fellow Templar:
    When your charge hitches like that, spin up a fully charged heavy attack.
    This will temporarily "unbreak" your charge.

I have determined that the cause of this break, while on flat / relatively even ground, is getting hit with a CC ability, in the middle of your charge.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Here are some repro steps for you to pass on, if you'd be so kind:
    1) Head to a Cyrodiil resource (Farm, Mine, or Lumbermill)
    2) Use Explosive Charge (or Toppling Charge) on one of the 4 caster NPCs at the resource flag.
    3) Target the caster NPC that is diagonal (across the flag) from your location, then use Explosive Charge again, in order to keep the NPC's interrupted.
    3a) Note: If you're "lucky", one of the other casters will hit you with their unblockable CC, right after you hit your Charge. This will lock you on the ground, in the golden bubble of death, forcing you to break out.
    4) Break out.
    5) Try, desperately, to use your Explosive Charge to interrupt the flag NPCs.
    5a) Note the repeated stutter, and lack of function.
    6) Spin up a fully charged heavy attack.
    6a) Note: This heavy attack does *not* need to hit a target, and can be swung wildly through the air.
    7) Use Explosive Charge.
    7a) Note that the charge functions successfully, but only after a fully charged heavy attack.

As always, I hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    It will have to wait until the next DLC.

That is disappointing. At least everybody else has to deal with it now instead of just Templar.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @neo7185

I have determined that the cause of this break, while on flat / relatively even ground, is getting hit with a CC ability, in the middle of your charge.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Here are some repro steps for you to pass on, if you'd be so kind:
    1) Head to a Cyrodiil resource (Farm, Mine, or Lumbermill)
    2) Use Explosive Charge (or Toppling Charge) on one of the 4 caster NPCs at the resource flag.
    3) Target the caster NPC that is diagonal (across the flag) from your location, then use Explosive Charge again, in order to keep the NPC's interrupted.
    3a) Note: If you're "lucky", one of the other casters will hit you with their unblockable CC, right after you hit your Charge. This will lock you on the ground, in the golden bubble of death, forcing you to break out.
    4) Break out.
    5) Try, desperately, to use your Explosive Charge to interrupt the flag NPCs.
    5a) Note the repeated stutter, and lack of function.
    6) Spin up a fully charged heavy attack.
    6a) Note: This heavy attack does *not* need to hit a target, and can be swung wildly through the air.
    7) Use Explosive Charge.
    7a) Note that the charge functions successfully, but only after a fully charged heavy attack.

As always, I hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1

Does this tip work on shield charge and crit charge?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @neo7185

Hey Gtech, thank you for the input. I find that most of my issues happen when the person I'm trying to charge has been recently CC'd as well. It happens even more on NPCs at resource tiles. I will definitely give this a try though, I'll try anything at this point. I'm especially tired of sorcs and back bar bow builds running away from me and not being able to do much about it.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh Thank Goodness! This is good news. :) I'll certainly be overjoyed to finally feel comfortable putting this skill on my bar!
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the guys taking this problem seriously, actualy, should vote for Nellie (or try to play their House-Templar in a more domestic way) ;)

Toy Dolls - Nellie the Elephant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m7tPikH0UA
    Edited by Francescolg on March 31, 2016 8:20PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy28UmUClLw

If you're changing them to work like Teleport Strike is the teleportation system getting improvements? Right now, small scrub bushes, rocks or gentle inclines in the ground geometry can cause Teleport Strike not to work, despite having what appears to be a clear LOS to the target. It's frustrating to die in combat because you keep expecting an ability to work and it doesn't.

Teleport Strike (and its morphs) DOES work better than other gap closers, but even it doesn't work right 100% of the time.
    Edited by Preyfar on March 31, 2016 9:16PM
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I will say that after last night I see why they're trying to revamp gap closers all together. I had yet to play on my DK since the update and last night when I tried to use crit rush, it did the same exact thing a couple times that toppling charge has been doing for 2 years. Yet another symptom of "the mega patch". Lets all enjoy the broken abilities together for the next 3-5 months.

baby-facepalm-cute-pictures.jpg
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know about toppling charge but I use critical charge all the time. Its #1 on my hot bar. Ya it doesnt work occasionally but it does work the majority of the time.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't this mean that roots would no longer disable them? What is the point in a control spell that doesn't control?
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • neo7185
    neo7185
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know about toppling charge but I use critical charge all the time. Its #1 on my hot bar. Ya it doesnt work occasionally but it does work the majority of the time.

It isn't as bad as toppling charge has been for 2 years, correct. But it's still having issues. Trust me, if you had a templar and used charge, you would understand the frustration.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking 2 YEARS to get to this point equals not caring or caring to the degree where there really isn't a difference.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, thank you SO much for the update. I know it may not seem like it sometimes, but we really ARE grateful for every bit of input you can give us.

o:)

/cavebearhugs
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heard it all befoooorre!
    PC EU
  • imapogostick
    imapogostick
    ✭✭
    Well idk about toppling charge but for invasion on the s +b sometimes as in a lot... I have to do a heavy attack before I can use the invasion gap closer.maybe try it and see if it helps at least wasting a few seconds doing a heavy attack isn't as bad as not being able to close the gap
    Edited by imapogostick on April 2, 2016 10:21PM