Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Warning to XB1 players (pvp)

warmjimmy280
Just recieved a 24 hour ban on XBL due to "harrasing players"

Guessing this happened in sewers as its where i spend 90% of my time.

Just a heads up if you pvp/gank in sewers, some idiot will report you.. Could have a knock on affect.

Thought this was a feature of this game being able to pvp in sewers, but apparently XBL see it as harrasment.

Bit of a shame, but a warning to you all.. If enough scrubs decide to report you for ganking, ban.

Not sure what ZOS's views are on this?
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Banning for Dancing on tables and now this?
    @ZOS stop catering to whiney babies. IC is PvP althought you ruined it with PvE and mobs but still I should be able to kill when and how I want.
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    Yep, its a shame im really disappointed. Granted it was XBL that gave me the ban and not ZOS, however think there should be more co-ordinarion between the 2 to actually justify these "bans" for people who are just playing the game.

Granted its consle and some people may be new to MMOs, however IC is part of the content.. (Lagless pvp hah)
    Cant really justify my ban for just playing the content, no messages/verbal communication exchanged btw.. Lol :/
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is pathetic lol Another reason why I will never go back to consoles since the year 2000.....

MS and Sony control 100% of your experience and can block you from their networks for whatever reasons whenever they like...plus paying xbox live for a connection you already payed for....lol
    Edited by Troneon on March 9, 2016 1:46PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Atomsk27
    Atomsk27
    ✭✭
    Yea the bans are ridiculous. My friend got banned the other day for being first in BWB. Some guy was upset he couldn't get enough ap.
    Options
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread about to be closed as the other 2 were.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indiana_Jones_-_In_Before_The_Lock.gif
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've made like 100k stones easilly from others... Slightly worried now.

Never had any issues though. Did they at least listen to your side of the story?

Seems stupid they ban people without actually looking in to it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 9, 2016 2:08PM
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    Nope as it was only a 24 hr ban cant contest it.
    Just find it really stupid its classed as harrasing someone for pvp'in in a pvp area.

Lmao :/
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you t-bagging by chance? That's the fastest way to get reported these days as a lot of players find it offensive. Personally I couldn't give a rats a$$ about it as I've played FPS shooters for over 15 years now and it happens all the time there. Best thing to do when PVPing is let your weapons and skills do the talking for you.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really this can't be true I do most of my PVP in Imperial City now because I hate the lag up top brings on any of the competitive campaign and all the zergs.Its a shame you can get banned for basically playing the game.OP did MS at least tell you who reported you for harassment?
    Edited by Jaronking on March 9, 2016 3:25PM
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    Nope not tea bagging, just literally small scale 1vX no lag Pvp. Ganking down the blood fiends etc..
    All I had was an email off MS saying harassing other players. When I asked MS live chat they said it was due to In game behaviour/actions to do with eso.

Like I said, just playing the game as it was designed.. But just want to let other people on consle aware that they can class this as harrasment for ganking lol, not sure if Sony are the same.. But MS can do one, might have to buy a PC lmao.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, its a shame im really disappointed. Granted it was XBL that gave me the ban and not ZOS, however think there should be more co-ordinarion between the 2 to actually justify these "bans" for people who are just playing the game.

Granted its consle and some people may be new to MMOs, however IC is part of the content.. (Lagless pvp hah)
    Cant really justify my ban for just playing the content, no messages/verbal communication exchanged btw.. Lol :/

It sounds like you're doing something against Xbox Live policies and while it may related to something you did while playing ESO, you should communicate with Xbox. Nothing wrong with posting but it doesn't read that you've touched base with Xbox to understand the infraction.

This link should help - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/CodeOfConduct

Want more help? Get it at enforcement.xbox.com

Content that could harm or harass a person, including yourself, or an animal. For example:
    Profane words or phrases
    Suicide-related content
    (Note: the examples below are just a few examples of the type of behavior prohibited by the Microsoft Code of Conduct. Just because something isn't on this list doesn't mean it's OK.)
    Negative speech (including hate speech or threats of harm) directed at people who belong to a group, including groups based on race, ethnicity, nationality, language, gender, age, disability, veteran status, religion, or sexual orientation/expression
    "Noise", which is excessive speech intended to interfere with or disrupt another person's or group's ability to enjoy a game or app on Xbox Live
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 9, 2016 3:43PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up if you pvp/gank in sewers, some idiot will report you.. Could have a knock on affect.

Thought this was a feature of this game being able to pvp in sewers, but apparently XBL see it as harrasment.

Bit of a shame, but a warning to you all.. If enough scrubs decide to report you for ganking, ban.

I wasd in a sewers group and there was an enemy ganker one scrub in the group was like everyone get his GT and lets report him... I was like why cus you cant kill him? and kicked him from my group cus he needs to learn to pvp haha

But yes I know this is a real thing people do and idk y they know its pvp
    Edited by Lightninvash on March 9, 2016 3:40PM
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope not tea bagging, just literally small scale 1vX no lag Pvp. Ganking down the blood fiends etc..
    All I had was an email off MS saying harassing other players. When I asked MS live chat they said it was due to In game behaviour/actions to do with eso.

Like I said, just playing the game as it was designed.. But just want to let other people on consle aware that they can class this as harrasment for ganking lol, not sure if Sony are the same.. But MS can do one, might have to buy a PC lmao.

I hear ya. Some people are just report happy too. I was clearing a resource one day with another guy and came across a red hiding. They reported me for killing them in their hiding spot..... lmao
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wasd in a sewers group and there was an enemy ganker one scrub in the group was like everyone get his GT and lets report him... I was like why cus you cant kill him? and kicked him from my group cus he needs to learn to pvp haha

Robbmrp wrote: »

I hear ya. Some people are just report happy too. I was clearing a resource one day with another guy and came across a red hiding. They reported me for killing them in their hiding spot..... lmao

Here is the reality tho everyone. If a player is intentionally doing something to disrupt other players experiences on Xbox Live....it's an enforcement issue so there are cases where you may see a temporary ban.
    What's fun for you may not be so for another and while ZOS seems to promote ganking....technically if you're considered "bullying" others, it's an offense.

Just be mindful as I'm only sharing what's written and not taking either side
    Options
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to believe that they banned you for getting reported 1 time by one person for ganking in IC.

I have been reported many times for absolutely no reason (i dont even use a mic) other than playing my games but have never been banned for any amount of time. I didnt even realize i was reported until one day after years of playing xbox live i see 30+ complaints against me.

Seems to me like maybe you were reported for something else not related to ganking in IC, that you may be forgetting.

Definitely more to this story. Just sayin.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the reality tho everyone. If a player is intentionally doing something to disrupt other players experiences on Xbox Live....it's an enforcement issue so there are cases where you may see a temporary ban.
    What's fun for you may not be so for another and while ZOS seems to promote ganking....technically if you're considered "bullying" others, it's an offense.

If that's the actual case then people should be banned a little bit for it. But @ZOS needs to research these things as well to make sure that the reporting was an actual issue and not just a whiney person crying because they got killed in the IC Sewers. @ZOS created that DLC specifically for ganking people in the sewers. They shouldn't send an email out to people who've been reported UNTIL AFTER it's been researched by them and truly to be found as a player disruption. The problem is that they do not have the resources to do this so they send a generic email over. Just crappy customer service.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO that's beyond sad people are reporting for getting gank
    Gold Company Commander
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a guy who posted on here who got banned from PSN in a some-what similar fashion. And the bannable offense was just responding with "L2P" to a baited flame message he got. Also what NewBlackSmurf said is pretty important.

You need to be careful not to step on toes OP. If your XBL account gets perma banned all of your digital purchases go with it. You should also check to see if your account shows if this punishment is recorded on your account. I'll tell you what I told the PSN guy-- someone might be trying to get revenge on you by reporting you multiple times. So keep an eye out for that kind of foul play. I would also make a record of what happened before and after the ban event occurred, this way if your account gets flagged again you'll have something to take to MS about to show you're not being a total jerk and that someone else is deliberately abusing their reporting system.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 9, 2016 3:53PM
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    I just can't see how they can justify it, for example call of duty.. People spawn camp, is that considered harrasment?

Imperial Sewers is an area DESIGNED for pvp, with a risk/reward environment.

If you don't want to be disrupted whilst Doing PvE, go wrothgar.

I've not sent hate mail, been spamming in local chat or anything like that. I was pvpin in a pvp area, I can't understand how this can justify a temp ban.

Like I said, it's a risk/reward area, if people are that worried about being ganked don't come in, or write up a disclaimer understanding what your getting yourself into when you enter the area :/ lmao.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am not even sure of this should be considered just a Xbox live issue and more of ZOs issue that they should talk to xbox more about you shouldn't be banned for ganking. If that's the case am sure majority of the Xbox PVP community can be banned because am sure most of us have ganked at least once before.

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you guys look into this so this doesn't happen again?
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    Blacksmurf, totally agree with what your saying.

This is where the issue is and the point I'm trying to get across, ZOS need to communicate with MS and explain the circumstances, like I said previously, perhaps a disclaimer or something similar understanding what your getting into before you enter the area.

Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the actual case then people should be banned a little bit for it. But @ZOS needs to research these things as well to make sure that the reporting was an actual issue and not just a whiney person crying because they got killed in the IC Sewers. @ZOS created that DLC specifically for ganking people in the sewers. They shouldn't send an email out to people who've been reported UNTIL AFTER it's been researched by them and truly to be found as a player disruption. The problem is that they do not have the resources to do this so they send a generic email over. Just crappy customer service.

Just so we are talking about the same thing

When I read this post, I understand that the ban only applies to Xbox Live and not ZOS.
    ZOS doesn't have any authority over Xbox Live so if we as customers violate an Xbox Live conduct policy regardless of the game, we will fall victim to such policies.

I don't believe ZOS has any say in these situations. Also, if the player was reported via their gaming profile it's an Xbox Live report that ZOS won't get due to privacy policies set forth. In the same manner of a player was reported only to ZOS, Xbox Live wouldn't get such information.

I hope I'm reading this correctly. Let me know if not
    Options
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    XBL caters to babies it seems like. That's just stupid. It's a game, if they don't like being ganked in the sewers they should just leave and not cry about it.
    Options
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is how I see ganking... annoying but hey they had more skill than I and I didn't have the proper skill set up or defenses to counter the ganker so they won and I dump my stones and go on a manhunt. its more fun that way ;)

so when I get ganked im like oh no he didn't and switch some things around and go hunting. not oh lets report this guy for taking our stones!!

I think that's how people should look at it ;)
    Options
  • warmjimmy280
    The issue is with XBL and not ZOS.

They literally "suspended" my whole services so can't play any other games online as a direct result from pvp in eso.

Can't even connect to the Internet on my Xbox atm, seems a bit of an over kill lmao.
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really have to do something really bad to get banned on Xbox live most of the time MS doesn't care ive seen plenty of players that deserve a permaban continue to play everyday there's more to this story just ganking players and 1vX is not enough to get you banned. If that was the case I'd be banned for at least 99+ years.
    Edited by RebornV3x on March 9, 2016 4:10PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrdankles wrote: »
    XBL caters to babies it seems like. That's just stupid. It's a game, if they don't like being ganked in the sewers they should just leave and not cry about it.

What if it's assumed as ganking that's one thing BUT I really believe the report suggests harassment.
    You all may see it as fun or "ganking" but actually what you're doing is camping and preventing others from access of certain areas intentionally for long periods of time.

I think the perspectives of some are way out of balance of the reality.
    I for one don't enjoy PvP but when I go, I move around. If I see a player sitting in one spoke killing all players over and over again preventing access or passage....it should be reported.

Whether that results in a ban or not is a completely different conversation.
    The issue is a very poor design by ZOS which seems to end up in players getting banned cause ZOS didn't review the Xbox Live policy and now has created content that if played certain ways that players enjoy, will get them banned.

What ZOS does need to look into, is understanding the Xbox Live policies and making changes that won't encourage behaviors that could cause a player to get reported.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong for ganking....if you enjoy that but I am saying I see it as content blocking and harassment if it's done as described by this post and many others on the ganking topic.

Maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can take this into an office discussion so that it doesn't continue.
    I'd hate for more players to get banned as many have already.
    Options
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings all,

As stated earlier in the thread - discussing in-game disciplinary actions is a violation of our Code of Conduct

Please be aware that we take harassment seriously, and all reports are reviewed and investigated. You will not receive any notification of the outcome of reports you put in, but the team investigates them all. We respect all of our players, and we do take context into consideration when reports are made.

If you ever feel as though you were not harassing another player or intentionally causing disruption, you are always welcome to submit a ticket to our support team to appeal an in-game disciplinary action where it will be reviewed a second time.

For XBox Live bans, you will need to contact Microsoft for further appeals.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.