The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Middle of Sewers Broken

FENGRUSH
FENGRUSH
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

The middle part of imperial city where the molag bal guy spawns has been broken since orsinium (for like a month?). Looked around and found about 5 threads of people posting this and none of them getting replies (and complaining about lack of replies/acknowledgement too).

Figured Id just put this here. Its kind of depressing that this is the centerpiece of IC currently and its not even working and nobody is on here complaining because its that empty/undesirable. It stands as a testament to how much help IC needs right now.

Only changes since Orsinium:

-Middle event broken
-safe zones added throughout open pvp areas (bottom of ladders)

Not the progress were hoping for in the only PVP DLC. It shouldnt have any safe zones. Perhaps short immunity on loading, but plopping in a safe zone is a bad way to go about it.

Hoping district changes are coming but lets get what is supposed to be in there working again please!
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What he said ^
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • JacksonCarter13
    JacksonCarter13
    ✭✭✭
    Lol who wants to take bets on how log it's going to take them fix their own old content .
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see some fixes to the central IC encounters, and some more communication on other bugs introduced with Orsinium. Perhaps holiday scheduling is to blame, but for those of us who put in bug reports almost a month ago with no visible notes this long after, we are lead to believe this is far off the RADAR.
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We have a fix internally for this and putting it through the paces before we push it to Live.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol who wants to take bets on how log it's going to take them fix their own old content .
    We have a fix internally for this and putting it through the paces before we push it to Live.

kek
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of complaints just shows how little everyone cares about this DLC... It's funny, the only reason I refuse to spend money on another DLC, is because IC was such a big disappointment to PvPers. I'm sure I'm not the only one
  • BossTuggles
    BossTuggles
    ✭✭✭
    I will name and shame the hell outta these people. Big ol' expletive deleted's https://youtube.com/watch?v=AoGmBtMrxzU

Put in PvP safe zones and you get terrible players exploiting the *** outta it. GG ZOSE
    Edited by BossTuggles on December 1, 2015 12:55AM
    Like a Boss!
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with @FENGRUSH

Fixing this is a good step, but why did this DLC die so quickly>? I still find it very enjoyable to roll around with a small group of 3-5 players. It is just so dead though most of the time.... the incentives need to be boosted to return

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please pass this along.

EDIT: Removing the ladders altogether could actually resolve some issues ...... OR ...... have ladder access based on if your faction controls the DISTRICT .... hint hint.
    Edited by Rayste on November 30, 2015 11:29PM
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    The lack of complaints just shows how little everyone cares about this DLC... It's funny, the only reason I refuse to spend money on another DLC, is because IC was such a big disappointment to PvPers. I'm sure I'm not the only one

It's not so much all of IC. That still gets a moderate degree of action. It's just that the center fight has never been rewarding - no good loot and kinda pointless. So, it's not surprising no one really cared it was broken. :neutral:
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What was changed / touched in IC that wasn't listed in patch notes that broke this?
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This from the 2.2.0 notes would be my guess:
    The Simulacrum of Molag Bal no longer bobbles about like an enormous Daedric novelty when struck.
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god Wrothgar isn't as underwhelming as IC. Hopefully they at least keep that pace moving forward.

Although I do hope they fire whoever made these new set bonuses. I think the only worth a damn set out of the DLC is Julianos..
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the lower portion entering the middle fixed? I always avoid it, since the last time I went in any of the lower entrances I got stuck in a odd swimming motion in the wall and barely got out. My partner was not able to get out and had to use /stuck and lose 10% of her Tel'var stones. :|

With that said, I do find IC more fun now; due to the lack of professional 24 player groups roaming the sewers and districts. Had a few nice 1v1's and 2v2's or even 4v4's. Fought an Emperor who pulled sweeper bosses on 4 players because his group couldn't take us down; some nice lols out of that. Nice change of pace from group play in Cyrodiil.

Tip: If you want any of the Wrothgar sets, its much easier to farm them in IC than Wrothgar. So many chests and portal events respawn very quickly.
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    Those sets are pretty much all horrendous, idk why anyone capable of farming the sewers would waste their time.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've submitted multiple bug reports on the matter. But it's been broken for so long i just kinda gave up.

Good to hear there is a fix for it though.
    Edited by Lucky28 on December 1, 2015 4:10AM
    Invictus
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    @hammayolettuce Nothing was changed that wasn't listed in patch notes. Sometimes things can just get stuck in a bad state and not reset, and we close those loopholes as they happen. There are a ton of moving parts to that event.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hammayolettuce Nothing was changed that wasn't listed in patch notes. Sometimes things can just get stuck in a bad state and not reset, and we close those loopholes as they happen. There are a ton of moving parts to that event.

But what about that event makes you fall into the floor as you go through the lower tunnels? I understand that things can go out of wack and not reset. However, if the server goes down for maintenance, why isn't there a security check in place to reset the event if it doesn't work?

Instead of it going on for over a month it could have been fixed weeks ago. I also get that things like that get over looked, but this isn't the first game to have moving mechanics where things need to fall into a row to begin such event.

I just don't get how before orsinium, the floor and molag event were fine and implementing wrothgar broke said things.
    Edited by hammayolettuce on December 1, 2015 5:13AM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    There is ppl in Imperial City!? What do they seek in this dark place
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    There is ppl in Imperial City!? What do they seek in this dark place

A little peace and quiet I'd guess.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what, when... I didn't even notice this thread existed when I made mine. :sweat_smile:

Hopefully this gets pushed live next week then as it missed this weeks patch. I would love to actually have a chance to get the pet/skin from the centre event.

Also any information on if the tunnels right next to it will be fixed or will remain death traps for being stuck in a wall.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Not the progress were hoping for in the only PVP DLC. It shouldnt have any safe zones. Perhaps short immunity on loading, but plopping in a safe zone is a bad way to go about it.

I will say that as long as ego-rich super maxed PvPers decide their idea of "having fun" is to steamroll lower level players over and over....in areas where there are PvE objectives... then there should be some sort of 'safe zone'.

It's no fun to be the victim of a bully.

Who then posts the video on youtube and crows about how awesome he is 'cause he can beat up on lesser skilled folks.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I will say that as long as ego-rich super maxed PvPers decide their idea of "having fun" is to steamroll lower level players over and over....in areas where there are PvE objectives... then there should be some sort of 'safe zone'.

Who then posts the video on youtube and crows about how awesome he is 'cause he can beat up on lesser skilled folks.
    To the counter to that don't play in a PvP zone and complain when PvP happens. This update has been enough of a flop for PvP players as it is without ZOS needing to cater to players who have no interest in PvP at all playing it and wanting to be safe.
    I don't disagree with later immunities (though it was implemented badly) but I don't think PvE players should be catered to for an area of the game which from the base design was aimed at the PvP player base.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the issue with these new safe zones. Personally, I'd rather fight a good 1v1 than gank someone on a load screen. If it's an issue of them running from you when you try to gank them, well I guess you need to work on your gank build. A good ganker will have you dead before you can react; if they can react you failed.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    To the counter to that don't play in a PvP zone and complain when PvP happens. This update has been enough of a flop for PvP players as it is without ZOS needing to cater to players who have no interest in PvP at all playing it and wanting to be safe.

I do agree that when in a PvP zone, it is best to expect PvP to happen.

I also agree that IC has ... had a plethora of issues from a design/expectation standpoing - and has the misfortune of being designed for/by a group with "subscriber model" in mind, and then clearly had to be tweaked (possibly mangled) to take into accound ESO's changing financial circumstances.

I have had the pleasure of using the "quick respawn" to get used to the idea of dying/respawning and to not take things as personally as I did.

All that being said, I'm over 6 years old, which makes me pretty much able to tell the difference between a 'fellow player on the opposing side/faction' and a bully.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Psilent wrote: »
    I don't see the issue with these new safe zones. Personally, I'd rather fight a good 1v1 than gank someone on a load screen. If it's an issue of them running from you when you try to gank them, well I guess you need to work on your gank build. A good ganker will have you dead before you can react; if they can react you failed.

I agree completely. Given that there should be a cooldown on this "safe zone effect" before it's applicable again to your person after leaving the designated area, it does in fact give small groups/solo players who actually wish to PVP in the sewers a lil break from these "organized farming groups" that just happen to spam heals and AOEs with such incompetence that they might even be able to be referred to as, excuse for using such a touchy word in the current state of the game, zergs.
    ms_paint_turtle_by_bluedespair.jpg
    LOVE THE TURTLE
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Safe zones" are good, but should only take place once you enter the area, and for around 40 secs (the loading screens have been much better, so 40 secs is probably more than enough tbh).
    Being able to run to a particular spot to get immunity kind of feels like playing tag in primary school. YOU CAN'T GET ME BECAUSE I'M IN THE SAFE PLACE.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The safe zones make sense. Too easy to kill players before they have fully loaded in. Too many issues with members of a group all entering sewers at same time, but straggling in one at a time due to different loading screen lengths. But I think the problem is geography. In the districts, the safe zones are elevated. Once you leave, you cannot go back. The ladder rooms in the sewers were not designed for safe zones. The geography too easily allows you to run in and out of the safe zone. They need to add a small ledge above action in each sewers ladder room. You zone in to that spot, are silenced and safe. Once you drop down off ledge, you cannot get back. Just like districts.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this stuff keeps happening near the middle of the sewers - clipping issues and getting stuck in walls.

3z0urrT.jpg

It's cool. Didn't want that chest anyway.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Please also fix the floor in the tunnel coming from the AD side, everyone falls through and sometimes you can get stuck in there.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

To be fair.. this one is no fan of Fengrush, but, this one HIGHLY doubts he would take advantage of situations where players were forced to be open to ganking without being able to defend themselves.. Knawing on afk or unaware players? Sure.. but not hunting for areas where one could kill without the player putting up a defense.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.