The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Erroneous chat window

ced
ced
✭✭
Hi there,

I have a chat window that shouldn't be there as you can see by the screenshot.

I will try to explain briefly as much detail as I know:

This started when Imperial city dropped, I had been using the chat multi window addon and obviously that became superfluous to requirements with the Imperial city update. I logged in for the update for the first time and moved this window to its current location and since then have never been able to move it again. The result, if I try to do so, is a persistent UI error that can only be gotten rid of by relogging. Only 2 characters are effected by this bug, those 2 being the only characters that used chatmultiwindow; it doesn't appear on any other character. I assumed that it was client side because it only effected the characters that had used this addon, and therefore thought that with a hard reset that you guys normally do with the next update (Orsinium), would probably resolve the issue in of itself. This has turned out not to be the case. I have deleted all the local data to see if it would fix the issue; again no luck, but reading through the forums I noticed that there is mention of some problems with chat function in game that are related to the server side. Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated and sorry if there is an already well documented way of fixing it.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @ced30 !

Have you fully removed the addon or just disabled it? If you fully delete and uninstall it, as well as delete your usersettings.txt and force it to generate a new one, this may resolve your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ced
    ced
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the response.

Today I deleted all my addons (I had deleted the chatmultiwindow addon about 6 weeks ago) with the entire ESO documents file; then ran the launcher, running through the agreements etc and the window still persists.
    Edited by ced on November 3, 2015 7:45PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try also doing a full game repair.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• ced
    ced
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, kept my fingers crossed but it didn't solve it.
  • ced
    ced
    ✭✭
    Actually things are getting worse now that I've done all that.

Here is what's popping up periodically now. As you can see 2 tabs are popping up, one says chat the other group. I had swapped the original game tab name with a new one in chatmultiwindow (the new tab was pulled out of the default window), so the new tab was chat and the original game tab was renamed to group. Also there is nothing behind the chat window when I move it, they're just kind of stuck inside each other, it appears.
    Now the window will resize itself on most logins to some sort of default and always when I enter the maelstrom arena.
  • ced
    ced
    ✭✭
    Fixed, @ZOS_MollyH sent me a small file to put into the addon folder which resolved the issue.

Thanks again.
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    I just resubbed and have the same issue. Could you do the same for me ZOS_MollyH?