Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1 day of PVP=rank 5?

Ommamar
Ommamar
✭✭✭✭
So when I hear this comment I always scratch my head and wonder what I am doing wrong. At the moment I am focused on getting vigor for the next build I am running to veteran as it does awesome damage but a lot of it is based on me YOLOing up into a group but I have very minimal sustain on this build so vigor would be immensely helpful. I had a pretty successful group last night that lasted about 4 and half hours I got a little over half way through rank 3 in the two branches this from several keep takes quests, bounty boards and a few scouting, plus the AP from fighting players. All that got me half a skill rank, so how are people able to power level the alliance skills so fast?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 day = 24 hours you only played for four and a half hour.

Edit: in other words get your grind on.
    Edited by Yakidafi on October 25, 2015 1:37PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    1 day = 24 hours you only played for four and a half hour.

Edit: in other words get your grind on.

Well I don't play games for 24 hours anymore. I also doubt that you could sustain the pace of a good group for 24 hours so you would have lulls where you got hardly any advancement. Still if you where able to I don't see you getting to rank 5 from ground zero. If you extrapolate 4 hours would equal half a level so that would give you rank 3. As to the advice yes I need to pvp more but can only stand the system and community in small doses.
  • ralonasan
    ralonasan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo killing is the best AP. I wouldn't group with more than 2 people if you want to get there fast.
    The ESO Forum Common Complaint Checklist: ☑
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Sorcerers.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Nightblades.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Dragonknights.
    ☐ Nerf/Buff Templars.
    ☐ THIS IS P2W!
    ☐ L2P n00b.
    ☐ Where is the LOL button??
    ☐ Fix PvP lag.
    ☐ LFG is full of scrubs.
    ☐ WHEN WILL YOU ADD CONSOLE TEXT CHAT?
    ☐ WHEN ARE ARENAS COMING?
    ☐ Natch Potes.
    ☐ Nerf Veteran Maelstrom Arena.
    ☐ Race Change ETA?
    ☐ Please add the Barber Shop!
    ☐ Why don't Trials scale?
    ☐ Working as intended.
    ☐ Why did you nerf/buff this?
    ☐ When will "thing" be added?
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rank 5 is Tyro, so probably around ~40k AP. Yes, you can definitely do that in 1 day.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you are King RIchard lol. Ppl who say this are just trying to look awesome on the forums.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    Rank 5 is Tyro, so probably around ~40k AP. Yes, you can definitely do that in 1 day.

He means rank 5 in Alliance war skil line(s).
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

Really? Because I've earn 10k AP on my templar and am not rank 5 yet, I'm nearly there, and I achieved tyro rank quite a while ago.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken while tyro is rank 5 for vigor you actually need to get to veteran rank which is a little over 200k ap. Vigor is tied to assault/support rank 5, so veteran war rank.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken while tyro is rank 5 for vigor you actually need to get to veteran rank which is a little over 200k ap. Vigor is tied to assault/support rank 5, so veteran war rank.

Right now I am 20k away from alliance war rank 8. And halfway through beetween rank 4 and 5 of assault/support.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't really go by the bar on the assault/support, every three war ranks you gain another assault/support rank. So in 20k ap you'll have vigor :). The 200kish is the cumulative amount. Currently I'm 160k ap away from caltrops corp grade 2 war rank 12 :)
  • ZOS_RiedL
    Hello,

We have moved this thread to the correct category.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing "cool-looking" in 40k AP where a proper zerg session can make you earn two-three times more, depending on the time spent with a group.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think one of the issues, is that in the old days people were more evenly matched big battles resulted in a lot of deaths and sides pushed back and forth. Now we have a selection of uber characters and zergs who can solo 10+ people. This results in them getting huge amounts of AP and others getting much less.

There are some ticks to larger AP gain but in short its a slow slow grind.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vigor is unlocked after you gained a total of 326'400 AP and achieved AR 9 (Veteran first grade).
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh so I guess no notification when they move threads. I don't go by the bar but by the number I get when I mouse over it, which I guess is misleading because it said something like x/800,000 which is way more then what a lot of people are saying. I can only really solo on one or two builds this particular one can't at the moment as it has no way to sustain after the initial push. I never really paid attention but does the eso plus or the experience potion buffs raise AP rate as well as experience?