The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Direct PvP

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Cyrodiil is more horse riding than actual PvP. Imperial City is filled with annoying mobs. I propose PvP Arena's where you can play 1 vs 1, 2vs2, 3vs3 and so on....
It's already there according to vids of Quakecon 2014 (I think that's the name of the event).

It is finally time to implement this.
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope ZOS not going to do that pvp has to be laggy and annoying
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience with PVP is either being solo or in a small group, turning a corner and BAM you're ganked by 20 and its all over in seconds. Go back to wayshrine and go somewhere else
  • uso245
    uso245
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is more horse riding than actual PvP. Imperial City is filled with annoying mobs. I propose PvP Arena's where you can play 1 vs 1, 2vs2, 3vs3 and so on....
    It's already there according to vids of Quakecon 2014 (I think that's the name of the event).

It is Quakecon 2014. I have been waiting for this to be implemented ever since I saw it. Don't get me wrong I love my small group PvP and solo/duo gank squads but from past games I've always been an arena person. RBGs were nice as well but I understand why that would never gain traction since Cyrodiil is our battlefield. Arenas on the other hand would be a great way to test mettle of one another along with teamwork in 3s and 5s (4s if they decide to go with that). I see other people always claiming about just join a dueling guild the problem is they normally tend to be a wasted guild slot imo since besides the fact of getting together and dueling (I was in Legend before I left the game for around a month) and it seemed like everyone would have their own little groups and never interact with each other really. I know and still PvP with a handful of people there but personally I'm satisfied with my current use of guild slots with trade guilds and testing out PvE guild for a change.
    My Facebook Page
    My Youtube Channel
    (DC NA Megaserver) Beta Tester
    My Twitter
    Art of Death
    Fate Stay Night

Member since February 2014
    l
    Strategist/Tactician
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARENA !!!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either someone is seeking forum cred or they just want to generate yet another PvP Arena spam-fest...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either someone is seeking forum cred or they just want to generate yet another PvP Arena spam-fest...

Nope. Just looking for Zos's attention.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hell yes. No more Equestrian Simulator. No more gank squads and NPCs lurking around every corner. Just good ol' fashioned PvP. ESO has the brilliant combat system, but just needs the scenario to make it shine. A PvP arena is that solution. Alternatively people can just stop zerging, but it's not gonna happen.
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, definitely. I spend more time riding my Lioness to battles than actually doing anything else in PvP.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed... This game can't handle more than 20 players on the screen at a time and also this game isn't balanced for Zerg vs Zerg pvp... Needs more structure and Zos needs to care about their game and the pvp community
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Hell yes. No more Equestrian Simulator. No more gank squads and NPCs lurking around every corner. Just good ol' fashioned PvP. ESO has the brilliant combat system, but just needs the scenario to make it shine. A PvP arena is that solution. Alternatively people can just stop zerging, but it's not gonna happen.

Or people can stop complaining about a legitimate tactic in a large scale PvP setting.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos will not implement pvp arenas because they don't condone the idea of class balancing around duels. The minute they release an official zone supporting duels people will start raging that classes aren't balanced for it. Out of curiosity how well did arena work out for wow? ZOS doesn't want the same headache.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Axorn wrote: »
    nope ZOS not going to do that pvp has to be laggy and annoying

Yep . The full Eso experience
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • leroit
    leroit
    *** yes!
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    ARENA !!!
    LAGena? :D
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I the only who thinks the alliance map is just too big? Breaking the map in half or into 4 smaller zones would certainly stop the horse simulator aspect. Unsure about the lag though,
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    ARENA !!!
    LAGena? :D

There wouldn't be lag, just cause it's small scale PvP
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of games have tiny arena team deathmatch pvp. players in those games beg for large scale open-world PVP.

this game gives us large-scale open world pvp. its players beg for tiny arena team deathmatch.

go figure.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. Just looking for Zos's attention.

I seen a little blurb in the last ESO live chat I mean the chat on the right of the screen, they said, not coming anytime soon, but not ruled out completely, don't think any amount of posting about it will make it happen any sooner if ever.
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on October 25, 2015 2:12PM
  • ZOS_RiedL
    Hello,

We have moved this thread to the correct category.

Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos will not implement pvp arenas because they don't condone the idea of class balancing around duels. The minute they release an official zone supporting duels people will start raging that classes aren't balanced for it. Out of curiosity how well did arena work out for wow? ZOS doesn't want the same headache.

I was previously against arena because I don't want it to be required for progression, but I've adjusted my stance. I would actually like it to happen now. But the reason is because arena will shine a light on imbalances which will become quite clear and provable. Then maybe they'll be fixed.

But I agree with you that Zeni doesn't want that headache. The way things are now, they can more easily chalk it up to forum whinge.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Winterpsy
    Winterpsy
    ✭✭✭
    Arena would really help in practicing PvP setups too.

Just imagine joining a friendly duel with your guildies to test and correct skills and usage of skills vs different setups.
    Big fat Nord Dragon knight with a huge hammer. - Tank
    Stealthy argonian witch templar - Healer (lowbie)
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Or people can stop complaining about a legitimate tactic in a large scale PvP setting.
    I'm sure they will if they get an alternative to it.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sign.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Arena is a must no doubt about that but we have been talking about it since it was beta. More then a year tons of people asked for arena. But what happened? They did Orsinium. Good job.
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    The sad truth is though that ZOS has spent way too much money & resources in developing Cyrodiil and Imperial City that they're just not gonna implement a PVP arena.

They could've done that ages ago (Quakcon 2014 proves that). They know that if they implement such a thing, people would stop going to Cyrodiil altogether, therefor wasting all the time they've spent working on it.

Because admit it, wouldn't you prefer smallscale lagless PVP to a massive scale lagfest zergfest cyrodiil is?
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    My experience with PVP is either being solo or in a small group, turning a corner and BAM you're ganked by 20 and its all over in seconds. Go back to wayshrine and go somewhere else
    That's exactly how I imagine things.

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is more horse riding than actual PvP.

No it's not. As you're permanently stuck in combat, it's more like a marathon than pvp.

• Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RiedL wrote: »
    Hello,

We have moved this thread to the correct category.

Thanks for your understanding.

And that's all ZOS ever said.
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • KostasDragonborn
    make a poll for this, please! The community wants a PVP Arena w/out mobs, ganking BS etc.
    - Walk with virtue, friend.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    make a poll for this, please! The community wants a PVP Arena w/out mobs, ganking BS etc.

No problem

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226613/arena-structured-pvp-poll
    PC EU - DC only