Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store ripped me off

blur
blur
✭✭✭✭
This morning when you put the new items up on the Crown Store I purchased a few things. I went to preview the new mount and when I cancelled the preview there was no secondary screen, no "press E to confirm", no anything. I received the achievement for having the mount and had the crowns deducted from my account. So now I have a mount I do not want and I am out of 2500 crowns.

This is a fault on your end, there is a preview option intended for players and it just screwed me over. I would like my crowns back they were being saved for something specific.

Edited by blur on October 23, 2015 5:54PM
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All sales are final. :trollface:
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    All sales are final. :trollface:

When it's an actual sale, then yes. But the OP stated it wasn't.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to preview it without any issues, and this is the first time I've seen someone complain about it.. so are you sure you didn't actually buy it, even by accident?
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I was able to preview it without any issues, and this is the first time I've seen someone complain about it.. so are you sure you didn't actually buy it, even by accident?

Yes I am positive I did not "buy" it.
    I have purchased AND previewed many things over the past several months from the Crown Store, I know how it works. Also as I stated above, there was no purchase confirmation, something you have to hit the E key for. After previewing it, it just happened. This game has been plagued with bugs since beta, this one is the worst as it cost me 2500 crowns.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Ethona
    Ethona
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report OP, and I'll be sure to not open up the Crown Store anytime in the coming weeks, if at all.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

This is what I was thinking. Preview does not buy it, but you can press a button that does buy it. I think it asks for confirmation, but the same button confirms it. Thus, if you whack the button enough, intentionally or not, you will be the proud new owner of something.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    You wont get compensated ZOS doesnt do this at all. You should deal with it and enjoy your purchase. Maybe it will grow on you and you will actually appreciate your rotten horse.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @blur !

For more information regarding this, we advise placing a support request for one of our agents to address your issue specifically. You can do so at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Hi @blur !

For more information regarding this, we advise placing a support request for one of our agents to address your issue specifically. You can do so at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com

Sorry Molly, those people (in my experience) are always less than helpful in other cases I have dealt with them. In fact sometimes they don't even read the ticket and respond with automated generic message. I would rather go public with this so others don't fall victim and see how you handle this.

Why has it taken this long to get a response? Is it because you plan on denying me my rightful refund of crowns and don't wish to have it public? This is on you, not me. I am not careless, I know how the store works and I did not purchase this. Do you actually plan on ripping me off?

@ZOS_MollyH @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by blur on October 26, 2015 2:32PM
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hi @blur ,

This is a matter that will require a support agent to work directly with you for any resolution. We are unable to assist with purchasing issues here on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post