The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upgrade Fishing

EradicritalThroe
Don't want to watch a video over and over; just make a fishing app that reveals best fishing spots for trophy fish. Other fishing games it tells you what type areas and hints in this game there are none. Plus wouldn't take week or two to catch few trophy fish since you don't know any good spots; I don't have buddy's in game that fish. But I know people who want to buy trophy fish, and perfect roe. So if you make E.S.O app add fishing guide into it shouldn't take week or more to get trophy fish for achievement or gold. I could catch more trophy fish in real life faster than game that's sad.
Edited by EradicritalThroe on October 1, 2015 12:42PM
Restlessly Awoken
  • EradicritalThroe
    Or Fishing skill - line because made character specifically for Provision/Alchemy and fishing. Fishing skill would be awesome just make it max out at level 5 so people can catch trophy fishes anywhere and never catch used bate. Maybe even catch fish faster, cast faster. At each level have 1% chance to get perfect roe so maximum is 5% at max level. For trophy fish each level unlocks maybe certain fishing areas on map that spawn at certain times. Or just make it easier to get trophy fish anywhere. Skill line could also aquire a Master Fisherman Achievement for maybe new dye color like actual gold such as when you get perfect roe(or some new color people want or isn't added yet). Not really into fishing on game want to make gold fast repairing gear is killing me.
    Edited by EradicritalThroe on September 28, 2015 1:42PM
    Restlessly Awoken
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are no "best fishing spots for trophy fish". You use the right bait for the water type you are fishing, the rest is RNG. You can tell the water type by the fish you pull. If you find you are getting used bait or a fish different from the bait type you're using, switch bait. That's it.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • EradicritalThroe
    Why do you think I'm making post than what you said is obvious to ever player in game I have almost 100 bait of everything. Plus caught almost 100 no trophy fish pop up so what's your point. Your the first post and you said the most simple fact of fishing why would I make this post if it wasn't for thos reasons I'd delete your comment that's sad. Also this forum is for the people who made the game and adding onto it not you who play it. I would make this entire forum with ideas and facts without knowing thos simple reasons haha thank you for reminding me how long it takes to get 1 or few trophy fish and perfect roes.
    Edited by EradicritalThroe on September 30, 2015 4:01AM
    Restlessly Awoken
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, your rant is so obscure, about the only thing I'm sure of is that it is a rant. Seems obvious from both your posts you know little about fishing, so I'll point you to a good fishing resource and leave it at that. Happy ranting......er, fishing.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • jerzey_gamer
    This forum is just as much for the people that play the game as it is for the developers - otherwise this forum is being horribly misused. The devs obviously keep an eye on the forums to see what people are talking about, but it's by no means specifically used for that. The more you know...
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    It's an achievement .... you have to "achieve" it. It is entirely optional and you are not required to get it. If you want this achievement, go spend the time getting it.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget pink clothes. :)
  • EradicritalThroe
    pcdunk the fishing achievements suck only good one is AD or EP takes forever to get one wasn't even worth the color. Ya should be a vote for new color instead of makers deciding Thrasher, if they make skill line for it. My first post pcdunk did I say didn't know how to do achievement or what it was no I didn't said it would be better forever one if it could be done faster think before you act son.
    Edited by EradicritalThroe on October 1, 2015 10:34PM
    Restlessly Awoken
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The section in which you've chosen to post your thread is players assisting players.

The Developer section is DEVELOPER DISCUSSION.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
    40 Breton Templar Healer/Tank
  • EradicritalThroe
    I put it n on here so people can see it and most of makers can it's most popular forum you know that Drax.
    Restlessly Awoken
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    Popular or not, your main message is mostly misdirected.
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
  • GuyNamedSean
    GuyNamedSean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see what the issue is. I've never had trouble when fishing. I get Perfect Roe at least once in fifty fillets and I tend to catch quite a high number of trophy fish even by myself.
    Former Guildmaster of the Legion of Mournhold
    XBL: GuyNamedSean
    PC: GuyNamedSeanPC
  • EradicritalThroe
    That's fine its your opinion vs. mine obviously you want it to stay same drax. And Sean ofcoarse half people that play get lucky some don't or get nothing outa 100 falays it's a random gamble like cassino and it should be even fair for everyone or atleast improved. And if it's really misdirected what about new players or people who haven't tried fishing and finally make character for it; oh who cares right they don't matter just ones who know entire game like us. Well I care cause later on when other mmo rpg's come out sooner or later everything will be gamble when it should be fair. Would you like to get loots like Destiny on Elderscrolls later on someone random gets Xivkyn helmet motif you get some gold and purple mace.
    Edited by EradicritalThroe on October 2, 2015 9:30AM
    Restlessly Awoken
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf%20(2).gif
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Drax76
    Drax76
    ✭✭✭
    The current Gamble/Random is a fair as they can make a game.

Random = Fair

Everyone has the same percentage chance. It isn't close to 50/50.

Ultimate answer Fish More!!
    PS4 - NA - AD
    v16 Khajiit NB Tank
  • EradicritalThroe
    If it's 50/50 wouldn't have made forum Drax it ain't like refining ore getting grain solvent every other one so no your wrong. Think before you say something works better than winging it. Took 4 days this time to get 4 trophy fish out of 40-50 fishing areas ofcoarse that's 50/50 (blackear) wtf am I talking about 4 trophy out of 40-50 instead of 20-25 outa 40-50 in all foul, river, lake and ocean. In all different areas Stonefalls, Deshaan, Shadowfen and The Rift etc.
    Edited by EradicritalThroe on October 6, 2015 1:06PM
    Restlessly Awoken
  • EradicritalThroe
    search?q=cross+eyed+gif&safe=off&client=ms-android-att-us&source=android-browser&biw=360&bih=615&prmd=ivsn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI48O0v5emyAIVzy6ICh200gIg#imgrc=rwFgGEeJcp_7DM%3A
    Restlessly Awoken
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see fishing be more of a challenge. Put some mechanics into catching a fish. Maybe have to move your pole left/right and up/down as the fish fights the line. Also put in a small chance of catching a creature of some kind that will attack you when you catch it. These ideas would make getting the achievement harder to accomplish but would put a bit of excitement into it.
    As it is now going for the Master Angler can get tedious. It is one of the hardest accomplishments in the game to get and I think it should stay that way. Just make it a little more exciting along the way.

Basically it sounds like you want a really great reward with really little effort. Remember Perfect Roe is a yellow drop item and is suppose to be rare. I get a lot more Perfect Roe per hour fishing than I can get any other yellow in the game. Also easier to get per hour spent than Nirn and a few other popular drops.

Master Angler is the final achievement of the skill line, with several other lesser achievements you can get along the way. It should take a long time to get it. I get more comments about my Master Angler achievement than just about anything else in the game. Other players know how hard it is to get and are for the most part properly impressed by someone who has achieved it. I see no reason to change that.

And there are a couple of good fishing apps you can use if you are on the PC. I am trying to get the achievement with a 2nd character now and using the apps is making it much easier than when I did it the first time.

Addons that you might want to grab:

Rare Fish Tracker
    Votan’s Fisherman
    Destinations

And if you want to put a little excitement into fishing head to Imperial City and try getting that area done without getting ganked! Stay near the inner walls when you can so others don't see you and just fish away. You can also grab a few treasure chests that pop up near the water and get the skyshards. All the water there is foul so no wondering what bait to use.

If your goal is to make gold fishing is a decent way to do it if you also gather mats going from hole to hole, but there are much better ways of making gold in game if that is what your ultimate goal is.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DarthRupert
    DarthRupert
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Sorry, your rant is so obscure, about the only thing I'm sure of is that it is a rant. Seems obvious from both your posts you know little about fishing, so I'll point you to a good fishing resource and leave it at that. Happy ranting......er, fishing.

@Ourorboros Hey thanks for mentioning my site! I was about to post it when I saw your post lol.
    Just as a heads up though it's been moved to http://www.esofishing.com
  • EradicritalThroe
    Bro I made this post 1 year ago I made the name of your website with my topic before you.
    Restlessly Awoken
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Seeing as this thread is nearing a year old, we've felt it necessary to close the thread. Please feel free to create a newer thread on the matter if you feel it still needs to be discussed. :smile:

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.