Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster's Archive: Nobles' Fashionable Attire"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Loremaster's Archive: Nobles' Fashionable Attire."

In our latest issue, we speak with Lady Eloisse, Fifth Countess Manteau, who has joined us to answer your questions about fashionable attire among the nobles of Tamriel!

Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Sentinel
    Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Culture based clothing designs eh?

I'll start off: I very much hope these aren't limited to crown store interactions. Improvements to civilian and cultural clothing all around Tamriel would make the game a much livelier place! Being able to obtain such clothing as we do now would retain the interactivity of the world.

It's very nice seeing this at least on the minds of people at ZOS.
  • Rodvic
    Rodvic
    ✭✭✭
    You guys better make every one of those into costumes! They look fantastic. Please put them on various NPC nobles around the world as well.
    Edited by Rodvic on September 18, 2015 7:20PM
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey

Will that clothing featured in the article pictures be available on the Crown Store in the future? They are utterly fabulous. And I would love to have them!

pls.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty please let us Craft some of these?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cultural clothing... would be nice

[PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More Dunmer clothes!

8008738c09cb208c7f3d73a392cd43c4.jpg

Azura's-breath is great.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • Anonymouse
    Anonymouse
    Soul Shriven
    Marvelous designs and I hope these will be showing up in the crown store. It would be spectacular if there was, in the costumes, the same sort of automatic male/female character model gender variances as there are in some armour patterns. That would increase the number of potential customers for every costume greatly! And the more customers, the more profit from every design.
    I look forward to seeing these design in the Crown store and to making many purchases.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need more naked manly chests. I'm only half joking.
    Anonymouse wrote: »
    Marvelous designs and I hope these will be showing up in the crown store. It would be spectacular if there was, in the costumes, the same sort of automatic male/female character model gender variances as there are in some armour patterns. That would increase the number of potential customers for every costume greatly! And the more customers, the more profit from every design.
    I look forward to seeing these design in the Crown store and to making many purchases.
    Only if the male and female versions come as two separate costumes or as one which can be switched to the other at will.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    I hope we'll be seeing these on NPCs. That's a quality of life update I can be excited about. Will there be a part two with the remaining races?
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff, please put them all in game one way or another.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • NephilimHero
    This game needs more impressive clothing, that you can wear when you aren't slaying mobs and killing players. Just hope some of the more standard ones are available for gold over crowns to get more people using them
    GM of The Drunken Dukes
    High Elf Sorcerer VR 15- Valanarter Maethorion
    Xbox European Aldmeri Dominion
    "For the queen"
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These need to go directly into the game for the NPCs, they would really bring the place to life more!

I'm fine with having them in the crown store BUT I think it would be a great idea if someone was to slay this person or rob there cupboard at home there is a chance to acquire these too PLUS you could buy them from a fabric merchant in the main squares so all methods of gaining these are available!
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MORE!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if would be better to have some new equipment system for it and no simply guild tabard slot
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the looks on each piece! And "flapdoodles" I lol'd, really laughed out loud :smiley: So happy the flappies are gone from my beloved Khajiit robes now.

I really like the Nord robes, very Rus Viking. Nice historical research on the artwork there!

There was a hint at Orsinuim, possible release date...? Now if we could dye the costumes too, that would be wonderful!
    Edited by Daraugh on October 19, 2015 10:23PM
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodness gracious that was a delightful read. Really interesting styles displayed, too.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Another idea: I like the idea of auto-gendered outfits, as well as separates (ie tops/pants or skirts) that you can mix n match. Make them dyeable at stations and it would really be wonderful. I dig my armor and everything but it would be fun to wear some genuine racial street clothing in-game over my armor as well (per the Dremora's comments).

I mean, it's an old canard, but it's true: You spend an hour tweaking the appearance of your toon and then 99% of the work gets covered up by armor.

Ditto for tattoo shops. We need swappable tats/hairstyles/facial paint/markings. Ditto for racial jewelry.

It would be awesome if clothiers could do clothing and blacksmiths could do ornamental jewelry.

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stereotypical "tavern wench" look to these costumes kind of make me want to kill someone. Can we PLEASE just bring back the old Redguard Light armor? PLEASE????

3dd061e02b897311655f9a32fd5657a9.jpg?_ga=1.156273083.1827921935.1434376182

Thigh high stockings? Really????
    8008738c09cb208c7f3d73a392cd43c4.jpg

This looks FAR more as if it would suit the Bretons than the Nords.
    eddc2c01d7df88db2ee5bba484674c24.jpg

And when did the Orcs become Mongols???
    6607caaf7a05a505511cded239e3cba5.jpg

This is really the only thing that looks about right. I certainly hope there are female versions that look just like these.
    97db68160963cfe3e8bba5e495249482.jpg

Edited by MornaBaine on January 6, 2016 11:55PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you're planning on selling these in the crown shop, please be advised that until you figure out a way for us to DYE THEM many of us will continue to find them completely pointless and a waste of money. In other words, we won't buy them. I am betting you are, at the least, seriously halving your potential sales by not addressing this issue.

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Also, if you're planning on selling these in the crown shop, please be advised that until you figure out a way for us to DYE THEM many of us will continue to find them completely pointless and a waste of money. In other words, we won't buy them. I am betting you are, at the least, seriously halving your potential sales by not addressing this issue.
    I agree. This is the only reason why I don't buy costumes.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    Pretty please let us Craft some of these?

^ THIS! ^

• 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anonymouse wrote: »
    It would be spectacular if there was, in the costumes, the same sort of automatic male/female character model gender variances as there are in some armour patterns. That would increase the number of potential customers for every costume greatly!

Good point! It would really open up the choices.

And it reminds me of something I'd love to see on armor pieces. It'd be great if, instead of it being automatic, you could CHOOSE whether you wanted a particular piece of gear to display as masculine-style or feminine-style, and be able to swap between those styles on each piece at any time. (Would also prefer non-gender-based terms for those styles, since many people have characters who aren't male or female, but no harm in going with the terms that are simplest for most people to understand!) There are so many times where I've loved the look of a piece of armor on, say, a male character, only to hate the way it looks when it swaps to a feminine style on my female characters (especially back when boob windows on feminine gear were a bigger problem)....But all I can do is craft a new piece under a different motif since I can't make the armor retain the appearance I prefer on different characters.

Back to the original top post...I love every single one of these costumes and really want to see them in-game---both on player characters and NPC's! The blandness and repetitiveness of NPC outfits sticks out like a sore thumb next to the awesome dye jobs and outfits on the player characters.

And preferably, these outfits would NOT all be crown store purchases since that will limit variety due to limited accessibility. Fight the bland!

And yes to "barbershops" and being able to dye costumes. :D
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on September 22, 2015 1:50AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh my, i do very much approve of these fine clothing's and finer looks.
    i must have these clothing's, yes indeed!
    :)
    these will be available for purchase? and when?
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    Love them, but the cynic in me expects to see them drip fed starting late next year, if at all. That's if I haven't tired of having my telvar stones repeatedly zerged in the sewers by then.

I'm still waiting for the Trailer outfits which we were promised earlier in the year. I guess the geniuses in marketing have decided we will see one of each of them over the next three Christmases.

And give us the promised dye capability for these outfits. Everyone wearing identical outfits for several weeks means the novelty of each new outfit is quickly lost.
    Edited by Bunneh on September 22, 2015 9:10PM
    "Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't at all like the steampunk look of the two current nobleman's suites, but OMG these looks amazing! If you get these into the crown store I'll buy everyone of them.
    *throws crowns at screen*

The Ottoman look of the Alik'r costumes shine through, but I'm not at all bothered by that. Clothes and fashion is inseparable from culture and history (as opposed to steampunk fantasy!). I'd be delighted to wear those.

@Recremen, it was a delightful read indeed! And the added illustrations was a nice improvement, although I of course realize that they serve a purpose as previews as well. Any Loremster's would be enhanced by relevant illustrations. It would be nice to see the design sketches for the mounts added to the last one e.g (hint @ZOS_JasonLeavey !).

-Foo

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we've gotten 2 of the 5 sets shown here plus some dancer girl stuff not shown coming up tomorrow. I see my initial comments about the tavern wench stuff did not dissuade you from trying to pass off the bad Ren Faire wear as "Noble" Breton attire. SIGH C'mon ZOS, step up your game here please!

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is this one? has this come out yet?

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no one knows?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is this one? has this come out yet?

It has not come out yet. You didn't miss it! :)

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome ty