The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Plus and extra storage!

mrskinskull
mrskinskull
✭✭✭✭
ZOS_JasonLeavey
admin
Hey all,

Below are the Ask Us Anything questions and answers from the 8/28 episode of ESO Live. Enjoy!

@Mrskinskull: Would it be feasible to offer extra storage slots as a perk of ESO plus?
We have a plan in the works to bring a feature to our ESO Plus members that we internally call ‘Crafting Bags’. These would allow Plus Members to carry enormous quantities of crafting materials.

Yaaaaaay.

I am a self confessed hoarder of all things digital.

I need more pockets. Many more pockets.
My crafting supplies are choking my inventory and zos has responded with plans to make our banks happy.

Before anyone gets worried about losing stuff in a bank when ESO plus runs out, I would like to remind you that there is a plan in place for guilld banks when membership drops below ten, the same for a guild store.

This is pure good news for those of us who can't resist stealing and looting everything.

What will you keep once you have a bit more free space in the bank?
Will you finally get to play Mr. Banktoon?

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice!!!! This will be so useful because I haven't even touched Alchemy or Provisioning due to the mass amounts of ingredients you need to gather... and my bank is already full!
    Edited by Molag_Crow on August 31, 2015 3:41PM
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! Crafting bags!

I have 8 chars over VR and all crafts. If I play 5 of my 8 chars I have to unload their inventory into the bank and then take it back out before I log, as I try to cram blues, purples in to deconstruct etc. Its nerve racking.

Please crafting bags soon!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mawgusta wrote: »
    OMG! Crafting bags!

I have 8 chars over VR and all crafts. If I play 5 of my 8 chars I have to unload their inventory into the bank and then take it back out before I log, as I try to cram blues, purples in to deconstruct etc. Its nerve racking.

Yep - I mean it is do-able, but who wants to be spending their valuable game time fighting the bank boss?
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still would like an explanation on how it will work, saying it will work like guilds isn't really an answer. Also will it be in crown store?

Instead of being part of ESO+ it should be something that can be bought from the bag guy for gold.

Now an extra couple of character slots would make more sense being part of ESO+ and like SWTOR you can pick the characters you would want to play if you unsub.

Like i said it is a very bad idea to be part of ESO+ with crafting bag. Just not very well thought out by saying it will be part of ESO+
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it's part of the bank, this will be a huge QOL improvement.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, might have me.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    Still would like an explanation on how it will work, saying it will work like guilds isn't really an answer.
    Sure it is. The way a guild bank works is that if you no longer meet the requirements to unlock it, you lose deposit access, but can still withdraw. So if the crafting bags work like a guild bank, then if you're no longer an ESO+ member you can no longer deposit, but you can still withdraw. How is that not an answer?
    Like i said it is a very bad idea to be part of ESO+ with crafting bag. Just not very well thought out by saying it will be part of ESO+
    Care to give any reasons why you think it's a very bad idea to be part of ESO+? Seems like a pretty good idea to me, but since you think otherwise I'd like to know your reasoning.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Crafting bags how awesome.
  • WyndStryke
    WyndStryke
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    ... Yep - I mean it is do-able, but who wants to be spending their valuable game time fighting the bank boss?

Eh, what? You mean there are other bosses in the game?

:-P

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still would like an explanation on how it will work, saying it will work like guilds isn't really an answer. Also will it be in crown store?

Instead of being part of ESO+ it should be something that can be bought from the bag guy for gold.

Now an extra couple of character slots would make more sense being part of ESO+ and like SWTOR you can pick the characters you would want to play if you unsub.

No this is awesome and I think you'd agree too once they soothe your concerns.

Its just plans now, but I'm guessing either you get your stuff mailed back or it will work guild bank style, take out only, once you unsub.

I understand your skepticism, but ESO plus needs something to make it worth while.

Lets bump this to the top to show our support for actually getting a valuable ESO perk.

No more inventory management minigame!
  • Mawgusta
    Mawgusta
    ✭✭✭
    Mawgusta wrote: »
    OMG! Crafting bags!

Yep - I mean it is do-able, but who wants to be spending their valuable game time fighting the bank boss?

Exactly.. I can only hope this happens soon.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    WyndStryke wrote: »
    ... Yep - I mean it is do-able, but who wants to be spending their valuable game time fighting the bank boss?

Eh, what? You mean there are other bosses in the game?

:-P

How would I even know ?

I haven't left stone falls davons watch bank.

• mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is actually like a 100 percent exp boost.
    Because a ten percent boost while I'm banking means nothing.

I can actually go out and kill stuff.

Guys what does it feel like to level up?
    Well I be different after? What kind of protection should I use while grinding?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a nice way to make subscribing more valuable without giving subscribers a combat advantage. It's not like extra bank space increases your DPS or gives you more armor or anything.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Still would like an explanation on how it will work, saying it will work like guilds isn't really an answer.
    Sure it is. The way a guild bank works is that if you no longer meet the requirements to unlock it, you lose deposit access, but can still withdraw. So if the crafting bags work like a guild bank, then if you're no longer an ESO+ member you can no longer deposit, but you can still withdraw. How is that not an answer?
    Care to give any reasons why you think it's a very bad idea to be part of ESO+? Seems like a pretty good idea to me, but since you think otherwise I'd like to know your reasoning.

I already stated it and guilds are not part of ESO+ so thinking it would work the same is just stupid. Now crafting bags are a great idea but put it with selling through the bag guy and crown store. ESO+ is account based so adding a couple of extra character slots makes more sense. LIKE I already stated!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    This sounds like a nice way to make subscribing more valuable without giving subscribers a combat advantage. It's not like extra bank space increases your DPS or gives you more armor or anything.

Except it should be a standard feature, just like trophies not counting against your inventory space. It's a nice addition for ESO+ but it's still bad game design.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

I already stated it and guilds are not part of ESO+ so thinking it would work the same is just stupid. Now crafting bags are a great idea but put it with selling through the bag guy and crown store. ESO+ is account based so adding a couple of extra character slots makes more sense. LIKE I already stated!

Your concerns are fine, I think he was hoping you would expand on your concerns.

My point about the guild bank was that the devs already have grappled with the issue of a bank that players no longer have access to and that system works fine. You would likely be able to withdraw items but not deposit anymore.

Under he caveat that this storage allows you to get items of ESO is cancelled, what will you do with your extra storage?
  • Allystar
    Allystar
    OMG, that would definitely make the membership worth it for me. If you don't actually shop in the store and aren't actively leveling a character, there is nothing to encourage the membership...but for people that craft or gather, this would be amazing...

I wonder if it would be similar to the GW2 model?
  • Beerbong_Ginn
    Beerbong_Ginn
    ✭✭✭
    Would it be weird if I were more excited for this than Imperial City? Not that i am, but I'm pretty stoked about this.
    Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
    Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
    Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
    The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
    Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
    Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn

Additional character slots do not make inventory accessible or even terribly manageable, especially since you can't mail items to your other characters. Additional character slots should be because you want more characters to level and play, NOT to manage inventory...that's what bags and banks are for. Give us the right tool for the problem...not a workaround.
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    More bag-space benefits ANYONE who has the bonus.

Extra characters benefits only those who decided already to accept this 'crutch' to manage space.

Your argument is broke.

This iscoming from someone who does NOT sub, and this actually tempts me to sub.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have subbed all the way through, and I am delighted at this - although I kept my sub to support the game, this will make it really worthwhile, I'll feel that I'm getting something valuable to me in return, but that doesn't give me any unfair combat advantages - I think it's perfect and I can't wait!
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Except it should be a standard feature, just like trophies not counting against your inventory space. It's a nice addition for ESO+ but it's still bad game design.

Don't be like that, bro.
    You already have enough bank space to play the game.

This is strictly convenience.

It doesn't make anyone tougher, it just makes the VIP room look more appealing.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I already stated it and guilds are not part of ESO+ so thinking it would work the same is just stupid.
    Um, no you didn't. Not in this thread anyway (maybe you said it somewhere else?). Seriously, I'm very curious to know why you think it's a bad idea, but all you've said in this thread is that you'd like this to be available from bag vendors, and that you'd prefer other things as ESO+ benefits instead - you haven't said why this is a bad idea.

And whether guilds have anything to do with ESO+ or not is entirely irrelevant. The point with guild banks is that we already have an example of a way to get additional storage if you meet certain criteria (in the case of a guild bank the criteria is having 10+ members in the guild), and an example of how that storage is treated if you no longer meet that criteria (in the case of a guild bank, if you drop below 10 members).

Please explain why it's stupid to think that they would use the same system? We know that the coding already works for guild banks, so it would be much simpler to take that existing coding, change the criteria (instead of the criteria being 10+ guild members, it's ESO+ status), and apply it to the new crafting bags than it would be to code a new method of dealing with it from scratch. So what's stupid about thinking that 2 things that are essentially the same (additional storage if you meet certain criteria) would work the same way?
    Edited by UrQuan on August 31, 2015 4:10PM
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Extra characters benefits only those who decided already to accept this 'crutch' to manage space.
    Or people like me who want extra characters just because they're altaholics who can never have enough characters...

Don't get me wrong @BigM - I totally would love to see additional character slots as an ESO+ bonus. It might get me to re-sub on my second account. I'm not against your idea of doing that at all. I just don't understand why you think that crafting bags are a bad idea as an ESO+ benefit.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

Your argument is broke.

This iscoming from someone who does NOT sub, and this actually tempts me to sub.

He not arguing, he's testing the premise.

I think zos would have a back door for peoples items if they unsub.

But let's be honest , I'm gonna fill that storage up and never look back.
  • mrskinskull
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭

I already stated it and guilds are not part of ESO+ so thinking it would work the same is just stupid.
    Um, no you didn't. Not in this thread anyway (maybe you said it somewhere else?). Seriously, I'm very curious to know why you think it's a bad idea, but all you've said in this thread is that you'd like this to be available from bag vendors, and that you'd prefer other things as ESO+ benefits instead - you haven't said why this is a bad idea.

And whether guilds have anything to do with ESO+ or not is entirely irrelevant. The point with guild banks is that we already have an example of a way to get additional storage if you meet certain criteria (in the case of a guild bank the criteria is having 10+ members in the guild), and an example of how that storage is treated if you no longer meet that criteria (in the case of a guild bank, if you drop below 10 members).

Please explain why it's stupid to think that they would use the same system? We know that the coding already works for guild banks, so it would be much simpler to take that existing coding, change the criteria (instead of the criteria being 10+ guild members, it's ESO+ status), and apply it to the new crafting bags than it would be to code a new method of dealing with it from scratch. So what's stupid about thinking that 2 things that are essentially the same (additional storage if you meet certain criteria) would work the same way?
    Hey take it easy.

He stated his opinion in the original ask ESO anything thread, that's why he doesn't want to rehash.

The devas have already stated that they plan to implement it he and many other people will simply choose with their wallets.

After its implemented and he hears from fellow players that its safe and use full , I'm sure he may reconsider.
    Badgering him now forces him o be defensive.
    Its a good thing, and maybe it will take time to convince some people.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey take it easy.

He stated his opinion in the original ask ESO anything thread, that's why he doesn't want to rehash.

The devas have already stated that they plan to implement it he and many other people will simply choose with their wallets.

After its implemented and he hears from fellow players that its safe and use full , I'm sure he may reconsider.
    Badgering him now forces him o be defensive.
    Its a good thing, and maybe it will take time to convince some people.
    I'm not trying to badger him in any way... I just genuinely don't understand his thought process on this and want him to explain it. I'm wondering if he's seeing something that I'm not...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra storage as ESO+ well end up causing more problems for users when they unsub. I really do not understand why you guys do not see that. Guild space and ESO+ storage would be two different animals, where you have someone that is use to running a guild and yes if it goes below a certain point he will need to deal with that quickly. Dealing with space in ESO+ will end up with more people complaining about losing and thinking it is not fair. Granted these same people would complain about losing a couple of character slots also but they will not have to deal with finding a place to put the extra items they just lost space from.

The extra character slots which I have been saying we should have from the day ESO+ was created makes more sense and I have said it should go from 8 characters to 12. I also said I never expected it to happen because of how ZoS are. But for them to even think of doing this extra bag space being part of ESO+ is just stupid and shows they do not understand the gaming community.

Granted they both do one major thing for the game, force people to really go ESO+ which brings in more money so the game keeps on getting updates and becomes the game we all love to play. Just in my thinking character slots is the way to go.

Bag storage should stay where it is in game with the bag guy.
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra storage as ESO+ well end up causing more problems for users when they unsub. I really do not understand why you guys do not see that. Guild space and ESO+ storage would be two different animals, where you have someone that is use to running a guild and yes if it goes below a certain point he will need to deal with that quickly. Dealing with space in ESO+ will end up with more people complaining about losing and thinking it is not fair. Granted these same people would complain about losing a couple of character slots also but they will not have to deal with finding a place to put the extra items they just lost space from.

The extra character slots which I have been saying we should have from the day ESO+ was created makes more sense and I have said it should go from 8 characters to 12. I also said I never expected it to happen because of how ZoS are. But for them to even think of doing this extra bag space being part of ESO+ is just stupid and shows they do not understand the gaming community.

Granted they both do one major thing for the game, force people to really go ESO+ which brings in more money so the game keeps on getting updates and becomes the game we all love to play. Just in my thinking character slots is the way to go.

Bag storage should stay where it is in game with the bag guy.
    So your concern about crafting bag storage as an ESO+ benefit boils down to a concern that people will be confused and complain about losing it if the stop subscribing? OK, I think you're right about that - it will happen. I don't see it as a compelling reason not to do things this way, though, and I think that fewer people will complain about it than you expect. I also think it makes no sense to believe that people will suddenly have to find room for all of the stuff in their crafting bags if they unsub. It would be truly bizarre if ZOS set it up that way, given that they already have a mechanism for what to do when you've got stuff stored somewhere that you no longer have access to. It will stay where it is until you withdraw it - you just won't be able to deposit anything.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)