The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Your opinions on DK with the new patch?

ZeFeZ
ZeFeZ
What's your thoughts they still gonna be useful in PVP?
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are a healer we got nothing but nerfs, but even healing itself got nerfed this update. If we come out ahead it will be through indirect changes that work to our advantage like talons + dodgeroll nerf, or from being forced to be creative to remain relevant.
    Edited by Armitas on August 31, 2015 7:44PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZeFeZ
    ZeFeZ
    Armitas wrote: »
    Unless you are a healer we got nothing but nerfs, but even healing itself got nerfed this update. If we come out ahead it will be through indirect changes that work to our advantage like talons + dodgeroll nerf, or from being forced to be creative to remain relevant.

Is it actually that bad? I've got 2 vet 14 a Templar and a DK and can't decide who to make my main PVPer.
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanky Stam dk op right now.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZeFeZ wrote: »

Is it actually that bad? I've got 2 vet 14 a Templar and a DK and can't decide who to make my main PVPer.

Templars are our brothers, they usually suffer in the same ways. Case in point the nerf to blocking and healing hurts us both pretty badly because we derive our survival through those two means. We now get 0 stamina recovery while blocking and healing has a global 50% nerf, plus any disease you might get out there in cyrodiil. I see ways we can come out on top through creative builds but just naturally we are falling behind through progressive nerfing and flat out ignoring all feedback on the class. That said it's too early to tell for sure because there are independent variables that come into play, like talons + dodgeroll nerf that should turn in our favor.

I would go Templar because you will at least have a working execute and a heal that doesn't require you to be in execute range to draw value from. If you intend to hold block go DK though, we are better equipped to overcome the block nerf.
    Edited by Armitas on August 31, 2015 8:05PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    flame lash - less heal returned but 25% more damage to off balance sounds pretty good.
    wall of elements/wall of fire looks better, guess I need to try it out.

other than that molten arm and some others nerfed.
    Edited by puffy99 on August 31, 2015 8:50PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »
    flame lash - less heal returned but 25% more damage to off balance sounds pretty good.
    wall of elements/wall of fire looks better, guess I need to try it out.

other than that molten arm and some others nerfed.

They gave elemental wall that 20% damage bonus if they are burning but the only effective source that could make that bonus happen is a fire glyph at 20% chance to proc burning and that only every 4seconds. The actual elemental wall will have a 1% chance to apply burning, and impulse/force pulse no longer have a special chance at applying secondary effects. I don't really think ZOS thought this through as there is no reliable way to get that bonus going.
    Edited by Armitas on August 31, 2015 9:28PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Sensesfail13
    Sensesfail13
    ✭✭✭✭

Im with ya, I was killed by 2 scrub blues out in pvp today because they nerfed tanks so hard. Im finding it very hard to continue playing at the moment, DK's are in a rough situation.
    Wisherr, Dragonknight, Haderus, NA Server.
    Wisher of Naught, Nightblade, Haderus, NA Server.
    Guild officer: Abandoned Legion
  • Paradox
    Paradox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Useless. We can do *** all against a nightblade that knows how to play. We can't do *** all against a sorc that knows how to play. We can sometimes do something against a Templar. Another DK might be the only even match up because of how nerfed we are now.
    Ebonheart Pact
    @iHateReloads
    Tank And Spank - DragonKnight
    I've quit the game until ZoS stops acting like the community are children, and start actually listening to us.
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dps wise they still suck ass.. Stam tank DK is stronger than ever, because of the damage nerf and how good it synergies with battle roar.
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    ItsRejectz wrote: »
    Dps wise they still suck ass.. Stam tank DK is stronger than ever, because of the damage nerf and how good it synergies with battle roar.

Yeah Sypher had a tough time with a stam DK from what I saw. May have to look into this next patch.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Stam DKs will be the top of the food chain... Check out lefty Lucy's and scribes build
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tist wrote: »
    ItsRejectz wrote: »

Yeah Sypher had a tough time with a stam DK from what I saw. May have to look into this next patch.

Stam DK is overpowered the entire playstyle is over powered, if you want to give it a look I have the build posted on the forums here. DK is the king of stamina right now imo and on the weaker end magicka wise. It's possibls to make magicka work for sure though.
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DK is good, but honestly Stamina NB is very strong right now. Even magicka NB. If you guys look at what sypher and king richard have been running, they've been playing a lot as NB as well, but if you notice, they've been playing other classes as well (i'll explain this below). By the way, to the OP stamina templar is quite good.

Quite honestly, people keep saying that one class is the top, but the Meta on Live is different than what the meta was when PTS first started, and now starting to become different from what PTS was near the end. People were clamoring for stamina dk. But the meta changes as people figure out new builds and new combinations. Honestly in ESO it is a game that is still maturing. People say FOTM. No such thing in eso, it is more like FOTBW (flavor of the bi-weekly). Why bi-weekly? One because a patch is released every month about, or per ZOS guidelines on release schedule. Two because once a patch is released, it takes about two weeks after a patch for the meta to reach steady state (although it does depend on how much "fixing" ZOS did with every release of a patch). Don't believe me? If you played PTS from mid to end (which is basically Live) and Live now, there is a difference in meta. There is another reason why this meta takes time as well: Because Live obviously has more players (Not too many people play PTS on PC. Remember that more than twice the number of players are on console compared to PC) and thus you are more likely to run into a lot more variety of builds. When a class/build becomes "FOTM", it is because it has become successful on average in dominating other players. But to reach such a state, you'd have to compete against a large sample size to ensure that such a build is successful, and that obviously doesn't happen in one day. You know...math right? The greater the population sample size for which to compare something, the greater it's statistical power. Sooo...one says stamina DK, I say Stamina NB/Magicka NB, another says Stamina Sorcerer, another says stamina Templar. If there is one thing you can count on at the moment, stamina is still alive, but so is magicka. The other thing? Due to increase in battle spirit damage reduction with this patch and with of course the long ago removal of soft caps , it now becomes trying to find the right answer to the right question:

Now that everyone's damage has been nerfed through increased damage reduction in PvP, who can put out the most dps in the shortest amount of time while at the same time maintaining adequate resources to support me through this endeavor to prevent the other player from having a chance of surviving?
    Edited by Kronuxx on September 2, 2015 7:52AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm playing my DK it's because my group can benefit from talons and chains to group pve mobs together. Anything else a DK can do, another class can do better right now, or it seems that way at least. I'll still be working to find a role for my DK but at the moment, his role is gathering mobs and doing meh dps while increasing the dps of others in the group and making it easier to kill things.